Lego Acquires Bricklink

A place for people at large to discuss items of interest with other people and members of the VLC.

Moderator: VLC Directors

Ptrotter
MOC Poster

Lego Acquires Bricklink

Post by Ptrotter »

I own a bit of Lego. A little obsessive by some peoples standards.
AC
Brick God

Re: Lego Acquires Bricklink

Post by AC »

This will be interesting. I don’t have a strong opinion about this but am optimistic about what is to come.
Platypus
Brick God

Post by Platypus »

Just went to sign in and was /forced/ to read a long new TOS. I skimmed it and found this interesting.

"
6.2.3 Replicas and Counterfeit Items: All LEGO items must be original and genuine. Replica boxes, photocopies of instructions, or any other counterfeit listings are not permitted.

6.2.4 Modified Parts: All parts listed in your store must be genuine LEGO parts in their original, unmodified condition. Custom printed, engraved, chromed, or painted parts are not permitted.

6.2.5 Custom Sets: Custom sets or instructions may be listed, provided they do not infringe on any intellectual property rights, including those of the LEGO Group. Custom sets may not contain modified parts or non LEGO parts such as lighting kits or electric motors.
"

This has a big and sudden effect on the folks selling Brick Arms, Custom Chrome, etc. I have never ordered any of it, but it's out there.
David Gagnon - (AKA Daveed or Platypus)
AC
Brick God

Post by AC »

I believe that this was to be expected with the acquisition. I just hope that Lego expands their scope of products to include lighting and other popular items.
Lettuce
Brick Overlord

Post by Lettuce »

Platypus wrote:This has a big and sudden effect on the folks selling Brick Arms, Custom Chrome, etc. I have never ordered any of it, but it's out there.
When they announced the acquisition, the announced that it would be only LEGO and no more Brick Arms. The custom stuff is new to this update.
Rhymes with Lettuce