How Many? Winter Wonderland 2012

A place for people at large to discuss items of interest with other people and members of the VLC.

Moderator: VLC Directors

chump
Element God

How Many? Winter Wonderland 2012

Post by chump »

I got a lot of number questions at our Winter Wonderland display at the VanDusen Gardens Festival of Lights, so I'm curious what people estimate?

How many bricks?
How long did it take?
How much did it cost?
How many minfigs?

Okay, no one asked the last one but it's probably the easiest to check. A lot of the questions are up to interpretation, like replacement cost or original cost which would be wildly different. How many hours to put the display together? or everything together including the pre-existing ones. We said a month because that's when Make-A-Wish contacted us but if we were to put this together from scratch?

One kid was talking to his father and guessed that it must have taken a few hours to do.
Pierre
VLC Member

My avatar is Ninjago's Pythor P Chumsworth. YAY! I finally have him! Thank you.
Pascal
Brick Overlord

Re: How Many? Winter Wonderland 2012

Post by Pascal »

Good thinking... Having a little place-card with those kinds of details is fun and gives the public a better understanding of the work that goes into a show.
Platypus
Brick God

Re: How Many? Winter Wonderland 2012

Post by Platypus »

75,000 pieces is my guess.
150 set up hours, 400 building hours for both new and existing buildings. likely 100 of those hours were put in specifically for this show in the past month.
$6,000 paid value. Replacement cost might be closer to $10,000
200 figs but that could be counted...

all guesses.
David Gagnon - (AKA Daveed or Platypus)