New LEGO Store in Lynnwood, WA

A place for people at large to discuss items of interest with other people and members of the VLC.

Moderator: VLC Directors

brankell5566
MOC Poster

New LEGO Store in Lynnwood, WA

Post by brankell5566 »

A new LEGO store will be opening soon in Lynnwood, Washington at Alderwood Mall. The good news is that it is slightly closer to the border and it is next to Interstate 5. Anyone planning to go to the grand opening? http://stores.lego.com/en-us/Lynnwood/LandingPage.aspx
Bricklee
Master Poster

Re: New LEGO Store in Lynnwood, WA

Post by Bricklee »

Sure, depending on the date. Sounds like fun.
Bricklee
brankell5566
MOC Poster

Post by brankell5566 »

Visiting Seattle this Saturday and coincidentally, the grand opening is this week too! But already have the mini store set. :| Was hoping to get the tshirt or minifig pack, but oh well.

Now the pain of deciding what to buy...
aprime
General Poster

Post by aprime »

so you would have one that might be available to trade or something ? ^^"
brankell5566
MOC Poster

Post by brankell5566 »

aprime wrote:so you would have one that might be available to trade or something ? ^^"
Nope. The line was crazy. But this time they used a ticket system after learning a lesson from the Vancouver opening. You can go and shop while you wait for your group number was called. I got in just when the mall opened and was given a ticket for group 17 which will go into the store at approx. 4:30. I knew there would be none left by then so we left. It seems like they ran out of freebies before group 6 went in! wow So yea, didn't get anything. But I did pack my first PAB cup at Bellevue.
Hamslice
Element King

Post by Hamslice »

That ticket system is a really smart way. I ran the line at Vancouver on the Saturday (the store model freebie day)
people stood in that line all day,
And it was hell. If i was controlling the line, I had people telling me that it was wrong "how can they make people wait in line" just sob story after sob story, trying to get in, and if I was at the door for crowd control, they tried to bribe there way in, or sneak in with the group. Making it really hard to determine who was allowed and who was not.

Well when the next BC store opens, They will be a lot better off :)
timtosino
Element King

Post by timtosino »

Considering they have over 20 stores in the USA and had 3 already open in Canada, and the district manager does WA, BC, AB, and Nor CA why didn't they have the ticket system for Vancouver thought up?
-Tim Tosino
Lugnet #606
ILTCO #101
http://www.flickr.com/photos/tim_tosino/
aprime
General Poster

Post by aprime »

Or Lynnwood, the bigger mall has better experience and managment skills to deal with large line up expectation like this ? Like a local guy requested the mini lego house, " I didn't know the line would be this long".

I think it would be smarter if the ticket system can be used for boxing day and next apple product launch and any lining up activities in Vancouver site. :lol:
Considering the traffic of the Lego store now, I think Lego should try to open more storeS in BC ^^.