Pirates of the Caribbean.

A place for people at large to discuss items of interest with other people and members of the VLC.

Moderator: VLC Directors

Platypus
Brick God

Re: Pirates of the Caribbean.

Post by Platypus »

What a dumb thing to do. It's going to cost them a fortune to replace all that gold.

The thing that I found odd was that someone has a bag of all the gold pieces at the last meeting. They actually packaged all the coins in a separate bag, rather than having them in with the litle parts, as they have always done (are they still doing it with the Mill/castle sets?). This suggests to me that they were already planning to pull the gold, or that the did the whole production of the set with no gold cause they were still trying to decide what to do about the coins, then decided and added a bag of gold pieces.
David Gagnon - (AKA Daveed or Platypus)
tukac
MOC Poster

Post by tukac »

I now have new metallic gold coming my was as well. Yay more loot~! XD
What this town needs is more love bricks.
Pascal
Brick Overlord

Post by Pascal »

What is stopping people from being dishonest and asking for more gold than they are entitled to?
RadStar
Master Poster

Post by RadStar »

They probably have a limit per person or something or its a marketing tactic to make dishonest & opportunistic AFOLS love LEGO even more? :roll:

Or they did a cost/benefit analysis way before they released the sets? Who knows.

Try calling them and asking for 20 boxes worth, let me know how it goes :)
Roger the Deaf Guy
My Moc Page
Pascal
Brick Overlord

Post by Pascal »

Hahaha... nah... I don't need it. It was just something I was thinking about in passing.
tukac
MOC Poster

Post by tukac »

Yeah, that thought crossed my mind as well. I am sure if someone started asking for outlandish amounts outside of what would be considered a reasonable purchase, they would most likely question the validity.
What this town needs is more love bricks.
chump
Element God

Post by chump »

Well, it turns out my Isla de Meurta set came with the correct Metallic Gold.

From Lego via Eurobricks:

The original gold metallic parts that we intended to use for this particular set were not available at the time the set was packed. We had to choose between disappointing LEGO enthusiasts who were expecting to find this product in their local store or delaying the entire launch date for the sets. As we were able to find an alternate piece which didn’t affect the appearance or performance of this set, the decision was made to produce Isla de Muerta™, set 4181, with the substitute coins and bars.

Which still begs the question, how were they able to find the alternate piece, since it's not used in anything else. Or is that the colour under the chroming?
Pierre
VLC Member

My avatar is Ninjago's Pythor P Chumsworth. YAY! I finally have him! Thank you.
Pascal
Brick Overlord

Post by Pascal »

I smell BS.... :roll:
Platypus
Brick God

Post by Platypus »

BS is right. The statement above doesn't even make sense. Disapoint by not being on shelves in time "OR" delaying the launch are the same things. The fact that they didn't even write 'disappoint by deyalling the launch or just use crappy gold' is another sign on BS.
David Gagnon - (AKA Daveed or Platypus)