New to the forum?

A place for people at large to discuss items of interest with other people and members of the VLC.

Moderator: VLC Directors

myeung
New Poster

Re: New to the forum?

Post by myeung »

Hi Fellow Lego enthusiast!

I'm new to the forum and wanted to introduce myself. My name is Michael and I'm from Vancouver (South Granville). I beaome a serious Lego collector about 11 years ago. All though I do love all Lego's, I only collected Lego Star Wars! Some of my proudest achievements in the collection are both versions of the CE Millenium Falcons BNIB Never been opened.

Thanks for reading! I look forward to the forum discussions.
chump
Element God

Post by chump »

Around here, we would consider that a tragedy that you have them BNIB and not built. :) You just have a pretty box. But from a collector's or investor's standpoint, that's great!

Don't worry, I too, have BNIB LEGO waiting to be built.
Pierre
VLC Ambassador to TLG & VLC Director

My avatar is Ninjago's Pythor P Chumsworth. YAY! I finally have him! Thank you.
Kyler
Brick Deity

Post by Kyler »

Welcome Michael.

Our members usually meet (in person) once a month to socialize, show off things we've built, conduct business, and have fun.

Our next meeting is this Friday evening. If you'd like to meet a bunch of us, let me know and I'll send you details on where this month's meeting is.

- Kyler
Kyler Storm - (not the Gladiator)
chump
Element God

Post by chump »

Ah... where are my manners, my apologies... welcome Michael!

It's certainly a good time for LEGO Star Wars being the 20th year and the 1000th LEGO Star Wars mini figure being announced/produced.
Pierre
VLC Ambassador to TLG & VLC Director

My avatar is Ninjago's Pythor P Chumsworth. YAY! I finally have him! Thank you.
Matt N
MOC Poster

Post by Matt N »

Hi Michael, welcome to the forums! I also enjoy star wars Lego, but I never wanted to collect it (way too many sets!) Do you build any custom stuff?
Visit my Lego GBC YouTube channel @ http://www.youtube.com/greatballpit
alexeiberteig
New Poster

Post by alexeiberteig »

Hi All - My name is Alexei. New to the forum, the group, etc.
I'm originally from Saskatoon, Saskatchewan. I moved to Beijing China about 15 years ago, started a family there. Lego was a way of doing something with my kids that I could recognize from my own childhood since literally _everything_ else was so vastly different. It rekindled for me the love of the brick. I started a small collection of lego bought in China, where it's much more expensive. Then we started inheriting lego piles from other people whose kids grew up. Then I retreived my own old lego pile from my half-siblings who grew up. Then I started buying more stuff...and moved back to Canada. We're now settled in Vancouver and things have gotten a little out of control with the amount of Lego I've accumulated...
I've made a couple of submissions to Lego Ideas and I'm up to 800 votes in two weeks on my latest project, a Neo Classic Space creation.
I'd love to meet you all - it looks like a really impressive group of talented builders and designers. Perhaps you can let me know when your next meeting is.
AC
Brick God

Post by AC »

Hello Alexei,

Welcome to the VLC forum. I am glad you found our site. You should post a link to your Lego ideas so that we can check them out.

It would be great to have the opportunity to meet you and I hope you can make it out to one of our meetings in the future. I am sure Kyler our membership director has already reached out to you or will be shortly to let you know about upcoming opportunities to meet the members. I am one of the “crew” that puts on BrickCan a Lego convention that takes place in Richmond. It is coming up on the first weekend of May. I will send you a PM about it as it is a great way to meet a large number of AFOLs and get a real feel for the community not only locally but across Canada and the US.
AC
Brick God

Post by AC »

Hello everyone, I thought I would introduce myself as the newly elected Membership Director. If you want to know more about the club and what we do please ask. If you would like to come out and meet some of our members let me know and I can send you dates and locations.
JayKay
Master Poster

Post by JayKay »

Welcome to the chat Alexei. Is space one of your favorite themes? What else do you build? We have people with all kinds of interests in our group. From builders to collectors and even hoarders.

Cheers,
Wassermann
New Poster

Post by Wassermann »

Hello
I've been reading this forum for quite long but just now decided to sign up
Hope I'll enjoy the local community :3
AC
Brick God

Post by AC »

Hello Wassermann,
Welcome to the VLC forum. We are always happy to see new people on here. Is there anything in particular you collect or like to build?

If you ever want to come and check out a meeting let me know.
St7summer
General Poster

Post by St7summer »

Hi all,

My name is Steve and new to the forum, and we are from the Collingwood area of Vancouver. I've loved Lego since childhood and now I have a son it is very much back in my life. We have started a city that just keeps growing and growing. I like building MOCs of aircraft and architecture, We also love many of the sets on their own. If you want to see our city click on the twitter link below! Looking forward to being more involved in the Lego community!

https://twitter.com/WesleySomervil1
J1A3L5
MOC Poster

Post by J1A3L5 »

Steve - we're neighbours then, welcome! I'm at the southwest corner of Collingwood!

-John.
St7summer
General Poster

Post by St7summer »

Thanks John! Good to know someone is close by. What kind of MOCs are you in to?
AC
Brick God

Post by AC »

Hello Steve, welcome to the forum. If you have any questions about the club please ask.
St7summer
General Poster

Post by St7summer »

Thank you Allan, will do.

Steve
soundwave
Brick Deity

Post by soundwave »

Welcome to the rabbit hole Steve! Nice city layout. I really like your coast guard aircraft

Shane
Shane Weckstrom

flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/43769067@N08/

Save a Tree, Eat a Beaver
St7summer
General Poster

Post by St7summer »

Thank you Shane!
jwitty1
New Poster

Post by jwitty1 »

Hi Everyone,

When/where would our next meeting be?

Thanks,

- James
Daveblueband
Experienced Poster

Post by Daveblueband »

Hi everyone, I’m new to the group online and will be attending the Oct. meeting following work. Nice to meet fellow enthusiasts! I’ve been working with Lego since I was 3 and am still going strong. I never had a chance to be a part of group before as I lived in the countryside in the states, but have been living here in Vancouver (Kits) the past 8 years for work. I have been trying to balance the work/life aspect a bit more lately and have been gathering quite the collection here to rival what I have back home!

I figured it was time to reach out and see what groups were around as I also attended BrickCan this past year (public portion only though). I hope to attend the full conference next year!

I mainly collect Architecture, Ideas, Technic, Star Wars, and certain Creator sets (vehicles and recently one of the modular buildings). In general, if it has studs and can snap to something else, I’m probably going to be excited! I don’t have any MOCs for public currently, but I am working on changing that.

Thanks and looking forward to meeting everyone!

-Dave
Dave W. - VLC Membership Director
DeGobbi
Brick Deity

Post by DeGobbi »

One of us , one of us .

Welcome to the forum Dave. We have 3 Dave's already and actually have our own joke lug called Davelug. See you tonight!
VLC Loud mouth
Dave De Gobbi
Daveblueband
Experienced Poster

Post by Daveblueband »

Just wanted to say thank you to everyone we met Friday night! We had a great time and was nice to have such a warm welcome and fun talks. Also thank you for the rides with the change of venue - really feels like a great family of friends! Until the next meeting!
Dave W. - VLC Membership Director
Kyler
Brick Deity

Post by Kyler »

Was great running into you again Dave. Glad you enjoyed our meeting, last minute changes and all.
Kyler Storm - (not the Gladiator)
AC
Brick God

Post by AC »

I am glad you made it out to the meeting Dave.
JoSnow
General Poster

Post by JoSnow »

Hi everyone

I’m new to the forum, so still trying to figure this thing out. My LEGO favs are Harry Potter, Modular buildings and movie Mocs, but I also build other stuff, just for fun!

I just attended my second VLC meeting last night and everyone was super nice and welcoming. I’ve also participated in two Cons, though I have visited more.

Looking forward to BrickCan to see what everyone has built.

Thanks🤗
JoSnow 😎