WOW! Beauty and the Beast castle!!!

A place for people at large to discuss items of interest with other people and members of the VLC.

Moderator: VLC Directors

ssential-bricks
MOC Poster

WOW! Beauty and the Beast castle!!!

Post by ssential-bricks »

My mind is totally blown right now! wow

https://youtu.be/AQPe2DLHWLk
lego n00b --> supportive lego spouse --> AFOL
Kyler
Brick Deity

Re: WOW! Beauty and the Beast castle!!!

Post by Kyler »

Wow indeed.

Those roofs look great. I wonder how fragile they are.
Kyler Storm - (not the Gladiator)
Hamslice
Element King

Post by Hamslice »

I dont know why ive never thought of scuplting castle tower and turrets like he did. Its all basic techniques for the most part. But damn does it look elegant. It also makes it strong and sturdy for transport too.
Melvin
MOC Poster

Post by Melvin »

OMG!
TroopaDee
Master Poster

Post by TroopaDee »

Hamslice wrote:I dont know why ive never thought of scuplting castle tower and turrets like he did. Its all basic techniques for the most part. But damn does it look elegant. It also makes it strong and sturdy for transport too.
Do you know how the shingle roofing on the turrets are done? Are those basic techniques as well?
(I know in the video it was said he cut 3mm tubing but how is it attached? If you keep putting clips around the edges with the jumpers for the tiles then there's no space to stack the tubing on top of each other)
Hamslice
Element King

Post by Hamslice »

If i could get a good look at it i could probably reverves build it. The right angle roofs are just 4 panels put together with some hinge pieces. The round turret roofs look completely round, so it would be flex tubing or 1x2 hingle plates to get the round frame work. How he is off setting the tiles im not sure i would have to play around with some known tecniques.

Added in 6 minutes 48 seconds:
Blend these techniques together and may some others.
For the roofs
Attachments
2017-03-31_06-27-55.jpg
2017-03-31_06-27-34.jpg
2017-03-31_06-27-02.jpg
TroopaDee
Master Poster

Post by TroopaDee »

Hamslice wrote:If i could get a good look at it i could probably reverves build it. The right angle roofs are just 4 panels put together with some hinge pieces. The round turret roofs look completely round, so it would be flex tubing or 1x2 hingle plates to get the round frame work. How he is off setting the tiles im not sure i would have to play around with some known tecniques.
Thanks, this is so helpful!!! So many techniques I didn't think of. Gonna have to steal these :)