New to the forum?

A place for people at large to discuss items of interest with other people and members of the VLC.

Moderator: VLC Directors

Delbaerov
MOC Poster

Re: New to VLC

Post by Delbaerov »

Hello Everyone,

My name is Andrew and I've been following the board for a few years, and have finally got a day where I can come out to a meeting.

If someone would be so kind as to message me the details for this Friday that would be great.

Some background info about me. I'm a 25 yr old Sports Marketer, who focuses on City Lego, in particular my pride and joy which is currently under construction. Picture is in the message.

Look forward to seeing you all Friday
Attachments
DSC04255.JPG
chump
Element God

Post by chump »

Delbaerov wrote: If someone would be so kind as to message me the details for this Friday that would be great.
Great that you're finally able to make it out to a meeting! Unfortunately, I won't be there to meet you. I'll leave it to platypus to send you the details about his address. Friday meetings typically start at 7pm and this one is near the PNE.
Pierre
VLC Ambassador to TLG & VLC Director

My avatar is Ninjago's Pythor P Chumsworth. YAY! I finally have him! Thank you.
AC
Brick God

Post by AC »

I sent you a message on facebook Andrew and I will send you a PM or Personal Message through here as well. :D
brankell5566
MOC Poster

Post by brankell5566 »

Welcome to VLC Andrew! I've always wanted to build a LEGO Hockey rink.
darbee
Experienced Poster

Re: New to the forum?

Post by darbee »

Hi everyone, I just signed up on the forum and thought I would say hi! I just recently started getting more interested in LEGO® and somehow started a collection of minifigures out of the blue. I'm sure I'm like many out there having the interest rekindled in having a young child who is also starting to show interest in Lego. Anyways, just thought I would say hi and will be chatting throughout =)
soundwave
Brick Deity

Post by soundwave »

welcome to the forum Darbee. This club needs more Canucks fans
Shane Weckstrom

flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/43769067@N08/

Save a Tree, Eat a Beaver
chump
Element God

Post by chump »

Is that avatar supposed to be Daniel or Henrik? I can never tell them apart.

Welcome to the VLC forums.
Pierre

brankell5566
MOC Poster

Post by brankell5566 »

Welcome to VLC Darbee. I'm tired of seeing the Cancuks going to OT/Shootout in almost EVERY SINGLE game. Glad to see they won at regulation time yesterday vs. the Avalanche.
darbee
Experienced Poster

Post by darbee »

Aren't we all Canucks?

Thanks for the welcome and the minifigure is the third twin Lego Sedin! OK my sense of humour is quite dry, but whatever =)

I'd actually like to see them make more hockey lego minifigures, I missed out on getting it from the mini series (started my collection a wee bit late) ...
mattybrick
General Poster

Post by mattybrick »

Hey Everyone!

Matty here!

36 Year old guy here.. getting back into the addictive little connecting blocks. Started off when I was a kid with one of the knights castle from the 90's and then it was on to the Movie Studio sets.. I have the JP one with the plane and the werewolf attack one. Drifted off the lego map for a bit.. then bought some of the first Star Wars sets and a couple city ones. Always wanted a lego train.. maybe still might get one.

So here I am getting back into the hobby or perhaps going through a mid-life crisis lol.. nah I just dont want to grow up! I think it is awesome though that there is a group of adult builders and collectors out here that love lego. I am looking forward to learning how lego's work again lol.. there are a few new blocks out there to me.. and of course learning and making customs.

At the moment I am going to attempt to make a mini lego city.. so to start off this goal I am gonna give building a skyscraper a chance. It is gonna be a lot of fun!

At the moment the lego lines that are of interest to me.. are of course the City line.. Marvel and DC line.. Lord of the Rings.. oh my gosh.. can't wait for those lol!!! Even the Monster Fighters have caught my interest! They just need to make a lego Vincent Price!

Cheers guys!

Happy to join the community if you will have me.. and looking forward to meeting you guys and hanging out at some meetings!

Matty
AC
Brick God

Post by AC »

Welcome to the VLC forum Matty. Looking forward to seeing what you build for your city. Let us know if you ever want to come out to one of our meetings and we can send you the info on location and time. As it turns out there is a meeting tonight in Vancouver at 7pm.
Hamslice
Element King

Post by Hamslice »

Hi all, Keith here.
Just stumbled upon this great website today.
Don't know why i never looked for a Lego forum until now, but here I am.

Huge fan of Lego all my life, been collecting since i was born (well parents started for me)
Looking forward to posting some creations I've had in mind for a while, and seeing what different things other Fans come up with. I'm always looking to improve on my building skills.

I collected every theme, but lately just star wars and mini figs.
Always been an active collector and builder, but last 2 years haven't had the space to dump out all the Lego and build, until now. So looking forward and rainy spring days where i can create again.

Look forward to seeing amazing builds
RadStar
Master Poster

Post by RadStar »

Cool, welcome to the forum HamSlice. Enjoy your stay!
Roger the Deaf Guy
My Moc Page
chump
Element God

Post by chump »

Welcome Keith/Hamslice. If you're ever down in the lower Mainland, let us know and hopefully you can co-ordinate it with one of our meetings. It would be great to meet you and for you to see some of our MOCs.

During the summer, we will be doing a large Greek/Roman/Persian/Egypt/Atlantis Mythology display at the Surrey Museum. Otherwise, keep an eye on our Front Page and our forums to see what else we're up to.
Pierre

Hamslice
Element King

Post by Hamslice »

Cool, thanks for the warm wises,
Ya my Fiance and I (who is now a fan of Lego thanks to me) come to Vancouver all the time, just a 45 minute drive away.
We are working on bringing a few friends to the science world this Friday. So i look forward to meeting all of you.

And the theme at the surrey museum sounds great. Anyway i can become a part of the build?

Cheers
Keith
chump
Element God

Post by chump »

Hamslice wrote:And the theme at the surrey museum sounds great. Anyway i can become a part of the build?
Sure. Talk to us at Science World on Friday. We should be really easy to spot.
Pierre

Slogghead
Experienced Poster

Post by Slogghead »

Hello all!

My name is Dave and I have been collecting Lego since I was about 4. I only collect Star Wars Lego, minifig series and other fun/rare Lego collectables now.

I am trying to fulfill my Star Wars Lego bucket list and buy every set ever produced. This is going to take a while and a dent in the cash flow but it is a thing only a collector can understand!

My latest acquisition was this guy! 19 inches of Minifig from a store display. This thing is minty fresh and a great addition to my collection!

"I assure you, Lord Vader, my men are working as fast as they can." "Perhaps I can find new ways to motivate them."
http://www.flickr.com/photos/slogghead
RadStar
Master Poster

Post by RadStar »

Nice Stormtrooper avatar :) Is he working on the StarWars Sets Spreadsheet? Heh

Welcome to the forum. Looks like balance is being restored on VLC Forum with a couple new LEGO Star Wars fanantics! ;)
Roger the Deaf Guy
My Moc Page
chump
Element God

Post by chump »

Slogghead wrote:My latest acquisition was this guy! 19 inches of Minifig from a store display. This thing is minty fresh and a great addition to my collection!
Did you get that off of Craigslist a few weeks back? If so, you got a deal!

Welcome to the VLC forums!
Pierre

Slogghead
Experienced Poster

Post by Slogghead »

chump wrote:
Slogghead wrote:My latest acquisition was this guy! 19 inches of Minifig from a store display. This thing is minty fresh and a great addition to my collection!
Did you get that off of Craigslist a few weeks back? If so, you got a deal!

Welcome to the VLC forums!

Maybe....haha! It was a very good deal and I was lucky that I emailed the lady within a couple minutes of the post going up. It is hard to beat $10! these go from $250-$500 used.

I have been hounding the local stores for a while now to buy one of these and the reply is always the same "we cannot sell store displays as these are not the property of Toys R Us..." blah blah blah...
"I assure you, Lord Vader, my men are working as fast as they can." "Perhaps I can find new ways to motivate them."
http://www.flickr.com/photos/slogghead
chump
Element God

Post by chump »

Darn, you to heck.... so 4 hours later wasn't quick enough? rotflol I was hoping to be able to use it for club displays, but at least we know where it ended up now.

By the way Slogghead, we have our fills of "Daves" in this club, so if you're looking to join, you'll have to pick a new name.
Pierre

soundwave
Brick Deity

Post by soundwave »

chump wrote:Darn, you to heck.... so 4 hours later wasn't quick enough? rotflol I was hoping to be able to use it for club displays, but at least we know where it ended up now.

By the way Slogghead, we have our fills of "Daves" in this club, so if you're looking to join, you'll have to pick a new name.
or we could call him Slogghead
if we get enough Daves in our club we can put together a music video like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVC28UWH-GQ
Shane Weckstrom

flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/43769067@N08/

Save a Tree, Eat a Beaver
chump
Element God

Post by chump »

soundwave wrote:or we could call him Slogghead
if we get enough Daves in our club we can put together a music video like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVC28UWH-GQ
I dunno... I think acceptance comes when WE name him.

The name Michael is available. rotflol

[whoosh... there's the sound of a bad joke flying over your head. You'll understand if you come to one of our meetings.]
Pierre

AC
Brick God

Post by AC »

I emailed for that fig about 10 to 15 minutes after you did. I would have had it if you did not follow through. :p rotflol
Platypus
Brick God

Post by Platypus »

Slughead sounds good to me. Other Dave is Brickhead, so maybe I could follow suite and be Platyhead... no.
David Gagnon - (AKA Daveed or Platypus)