Brickcon 2009

A place for people at large to discuss items of interest with other people and members of the VLC.

Moderator: VLC Directors

DeGobbi
Brick Deity

Brickcon 2009

Post by DeGobbi »

Hey everyone Sign up for Brickcon 2009 is open . Sign up if you are going . NOt sure about Going ? its great , best thing any afol can do ! And so much fun !

www.brickcon.org
VLC Loud mouth
Dave De Gobbi
AC
Brick God

Post by AC »

Are we going to do something with the money from Science World with regards to Brickcon? :)
Andrew
Brick Overlord

Post by Andrew »

Brickcon is quite good,Its going to be twice the space this year,theme is lego in motion? It'd be nice to bring something down as a club .Dont know if I'd have time right now to commit though.

Andrew :wink:
Platypus
Brick God

Post by Platypus »

I just signed up! I don't know what my life will look like in October but I will be going to Brick Con!
David Gagnon - (AKA Daveed or Platypus)
smartiac
MOC Poster

Post by smartiac »

Hey everyone, Nathan here, the lonely VLC exile out in the prairies. I will hopefully be coming to Brickcon this year but I am looking for a ride from the lower mainland. I will be flying in to either Abbotsford or Vancouver on the Thursday. Obviously I will pay my share of gas so this could work out well for everyone. You can pm me here or email me at proudlove at gmail dot com.

Cheers
DeGobbi
Brick Deity

Post by DeGobbi »

what time on thrusday ? I'll be going down Thursday night after work coming how sunday evening . I'm taking my truck as i'm actually going to bring some moc this year ( and not just models built with different colors bricks from instructions Allan :P )
VLC Loud mouth
Dave De Gobbi
AC
Brick God

Post by AC »

Come on Dave, you can't call them MOC's if you don't change them at all. rotflol
DeGobbi
Brick Deity

Post by DeGobbi »

Hotel booked ! Time teken off work . I'm even building something this year !!! LOOK OUT :)
VLC Loud mouth
Dave De Gobbi
Brickbaron
Master Poster

Post by Brickbaron »

Hi Nathan.

I'll be heading down on Friday. I should have the day off work, so would be leaving around 9 or 10 am. You are welcome to join me.

Paul
Gumby
Master Poster

Post by Gumby »

How much of a discount (if any) did they offer at the LEGO store, last year? Should we expect the same this year?
-Bryan
DeGobbi
Brick Deity

Post by DeGobbi »

Oh dood . Freaking legendary ! . up to 50% off Scratch and dent boxes . i think its was 30% of PaB I don't buy lego all year and do all my buying there . Plus 5 doallar bags for PaB at the con too sometimes :)
VLC Loud mouth
Dave De Gobbi
Brickbaron
Master Poster

Post by Brickbaron »

Brickfest this year at the Portland store had 20% off everything in the Lego store. Plus $5 PAB bags at the con.
Brickcon last year had 25% off everything in store and $5 PAB bags at the con.

Hopefully it will be 25% and not just 20 this year.
chump
Element God

Post by chump »

Is the Lego Store discount applicable to everyone or just registered BrickCon attendees? And when you say Lego Store, you're talking about the one in Bellevue, it's not one that's onsite, right? I'm finally thinking of taking my nephew and niece down this year for the public portion.
Andrew
Brick Overlord

Re: Brickcon 2009

Post by Andrew »

Hey Chump ,the 20 -25% off applys to only con attendees,but those 5$ bags at the con should be well worth it ,their like large ziplock bags,although the bags at brickfest were smaller by an inch you could still fit in two pab cups worth of lego.,the bags at Brickcon last year could hold two and a half cups,a great deal.

Andrew woo
Lego trains are just the best!
chump
Element God

Post by chump »

Perhaps a silly question, but is anyone going down, not going to be using their full customs allotment? I'm looking for a Medieval Market Village at discount. I'm planning on going down but not as a Con attendee, as I'm going to have my nephew and niece with me. I'm okay with meeting up while down there but it may be difficult to co-ordinate which is why I ask about your border allotment. Please PM me to discuss the possibility and logistics. If you are able to bring it across the border for me, then I'm trying to arrange with a friend who travels to the UK to get the Pirates Advent Calendar, so some sort of swap with me paying the outstanding for the MMV may be possible.
Pierre
VLC Ambassador to TLG & VLC Director

My avatar is Ninjago's Pythor P Chumsworth. YAY! I finally have him! Thank you.
Gumby
Master Poster

Post by Gumby »

I have the same question as Chump... I'm interested in an Emerald Night at discount! I don't really have anything to trade, so I'll just pay cash for it.

Coincidentally, I will be in Seattle Sep 30 - Oct 3, but I probably won't have time to drop by/meet up on those days. And like chump said, it would be difficult to coordinate. Or, assuming you've already raided the Bellevue store, maybe I could meet at your hotel Friday night (not too late though)?

Either way, send me a PM if you think of something.
-Bryan
DeGobbi
Brick Deity

Post by DeGobbi »

i'm sure someone could buy it for you at con discount then sell it to you . Or you can alway sign up for 1 day con attendee to get teh discount which then supports the con too . I don't beleive i will have any room in my customs alotment though to bring back any sets for anyone unless they where to pick it up from one of us in the states
VLC Loud mouth
Dave De Gobbi
Gumby
Master Poster

Post by Gumby »

Does anybody know which night Brickcon attendees would likely be heading over to Bellevue? Can you find out beforehand?
-Bryan
Brickbaron
Master Poster

Post by Brickbaron »

Usually it is Friday night that they have the big sale.

Paul
Gumby
Master Poster

Post by Gumby »

Quick update - my plans have changed and I won't be in Seattle this weekend so obviously I won't be able to meet up with anybody. :(
-Bryan
chump
Element God

Post by chump »

And I will be there this Sunday for the public exhibition, so if anyone can help me with acquiring the Medieval Market Village at discount that would be awesome.
Pierre
VLC Ambassador to TLG & VLC Director

My avatar is Ninjago's Pythor P Chumsworth. YAY! I finally have him! Thank you.
Gumby
Master Poster

Post by Gumby »

So how was the shopping experience last night? Did you guys buy out the entire store? I might go tomorrow, but if their stock levels have been depleted, maybe I shouldn't bother going!
-Bryan
DeGobbi
Brick Deity

Post by DeGobbi »

firestations , carosels , green grocers are out of stock for sure . Emerald night and others not to sure . you can always buy at con prices if you are registated and do the shop and ship i think
VLC Loud mouth
Dave De Gobbi
Andrew
Brick Overlord

Post by Andrew »

Did anyone win awards up here?Dave with your walking city or Paul with his haunted carosel?How bout Nathan?,I didnt see any pics of him on flickr.

Andrew :wink:
Lego trains are just the best!
DeGobbi
Brick Deity

Post by DeGobbi »

i didn't win anything although crawler town was very well received . everyone one thought i was erally pushing the bounderies . Paul i believe won best lego set zombifed for his carosel . Nathan won I bunch of stuff i think including " the brammie " award for being such a cool guy .
VLC Loud mouth
Dave De Gobbi