1930 Model AA Ford

Announce your latest and greatest MOCS.

Moderator: VLC Directors

jaem
MOC Poster

1930 Model AA Ford

Post by jaem »

This is my contribution to the show so far. I've based this model on the 1930 Model AA Ford pickup, however, there seem to be several slightly different variations to that model, and this is a conglomerate of all of them. Sorry about the bad picture quality - they don't do it justice, but I wanted to give you guys an idea of what it would be like right away; better pics (read: renders) are coming!
If anyone has any minifig tools (e.g. new spanner, screwdriver, etc.) that I could borrow for the show to put in the crate in the back, that would be great - let me know.

Pics:
~Jeffery MacEachern
----
Blessed are the Geeks, for they shall Internet the Earth
Platypus
Brick God

Post by Platypus »

You need three little boys with no shirts in the back of the truck. With ma n` pa in the front it would be perfect. :)
David Gagnon - (AKA Daveed or Platypus)
jaem
MOC Poster

Post by jaem »

amusing, but I don't think so. :lol: Besides, I couldn't fit Ma in the front b/c there isn't enough elbow room for two minifigs. The other thing to note is that the doors don't actually open - I couldn't figure out an easy way to do so without making it look terrible.
~Jeffery MacEachern
----
Platypus
Brick God

Post by Platypus »

doors are not really important. Two figs on the other hand might be. I think we are all building on a bigger-than-sets scale and 5 or 6 wide cars are the minimum. Can you cheat the driver over to one side so it looks like a second fig could fit?
jaem
MOC Poster

Post by jaem »

I don't really think I could - it's pretty squished in there. I've attached a (really bad) shot of the interior to give you an idea of what I mean. If you have any ideas regarding that, please post them or, even better, annotate the photo and repost it.

thanx,
Attachments
interior.jpg
interior.jpg (17.65 KiB) Viewed 11994 times
~Jeffery MacEachern
----
DeGobbi
Brick Deity

Post by DeGobbi »

SAweet head lights !! :)
VLC Loud mouth
Dave De Gobbi
jaem
MOC Poster

Post by jaem »

yeah - the chrome paint's starting to wear off on one though - unusual for Lego. However, I got them used from a friend, and they might have gotten some wear and tear there. (wow - what a rhyme!)
~Jeffery MacEachern
----
Platypus
Brick God

Post by Platypus »

it's already perfect. the fig is sitting in one seat and so it looks possible for a second to fit. this keeps in with the idea that we are building two-person-wide cars.
kopakanui
MOC Poster

Post by kopakanui »

very nice
If one of your lego creations falls apart it is another gateway to your imagination of great things.
jaem
MOC Poster

New Pics

Post by jaem »

New Pics! Renders! The day of the webcam is over! (for now)
Here are three renders of my truck:

I'll bring it to the next meeting (if it's this Friday - if it's next Friday, I won't be able to come)
~Jeffery MacEachern
----
Platypus
Brick God

Post by Platypus »

can you build a second one is blue or another colour?
Gumby
Master Poster

Post by Gumby »

Platypus wrote:can you build a second one is blue or another colour?
Might be hard to get that front window in blue...

Actually that's a good idea - Rather than come up with my own design I might just copy some of these creations in different colors instead. :) The public probably won't even notice they're the same.

And it makes sense - look at all the Civics you see on the roads nowadays! :P
-Bryan
jaem
MOC Poster

Post by jaem »

I agree with Gumby about copying models, but they should probably be modified slightly if we do do that, just so they don't look exactly the same. The pictures I used to make my Ford were all of slightly different revisions of the 1930 AA pickup. If anyone else copies this, try making the pickup bed's sides solid instead of slats - that was one of the differences.
Gumby wrote:Might be hard to get that front window in blue...
I have two in white - if anyone wants to borrow them, I can probably bring them next meeting. Let me know.

If anyone is going to copy this model, I've attached the MPD file (just change the ext. back - Dean, can you change the forums to allow LDraw files?). I haven't made the MPD publicly available yet, so please only use it within the club.
Attachments
1930AAFord.txt
(11.78 KiB) Downloaded 381 times
~Jeffery MacEachern
----
jaem
MOC Poster

Post by jaem »

I just noticed that the truck is actually a bit out of scale. I've attached a pic of a fig standing beside it. It looks a bit worse when you see it in person. It's fine when a fig is inside, though. If I can still use it in the show, we'll have to make sure it isn't placed directly beside a fig or a one-story building. If we don't do either of those things, it should be okay... I hope...

what do you guys think?
Attachments
Copy of 1930AAFord.png
Copy of 1930AAFord.png (70.3 KiB) Viewed 11925 times
~Jeffery MacEachern
----
DeGobbi
Brick Deity

Post by DeGobbi »

Looks fine to me . Its a well known fact that buildings in lego are NEVER in scale to minifigs or anything else for that matter .Just look at how big a regular 1500 square foot house would be in scale to a minifig . it would be like a Large grey baseplate , no including hte lawn and stuff Plus garage and junk . Considering that most of our Downtown core buildings will be fitting on 32x32 stud baseplates thats like haveing a building thats the lenght of 2 cars , in Reallife that would be crazy but in lego it works . as long as nothing is two extreme you should be fine
VLC Loud mouth
Dave De Gobbi