Announce your latest and greatest MOCS.

Moderator: VLC Directors

Bricksky
Brick Overlord

Fan recreates Stephanie's X-Wing

Post by Bricksky »

Check it out: https://photos.app.goo.gl/TXW45CXjkb2AWMdd8

COPY:

Note: This builder asked for permission to recreate my BFF X-Wing, and did an awesome job.

Original:

-Tyler

ps. I love the Pet nose cone variation.
:)
Last edited by Bricksky on Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jeffrose
MOC Poster

Re: Fan recreates Stephanie's X-Wing

Post by jeffrose »

Wow. They did do a great job! And I agree about the nose. Perfectly in theme.
VLC - Technical Director Since 2018
Owner of: Brick Brains and BricksAndLinks
chump
Element God

Post by chump »

Don't take this the wrong way because it's awesome and I think entirely flattering that someone would want to recreate your model and dare I say, even made that cool addition with the nose. But did they say, why they were motivated to do so? For their children? For the whimsy of it all? Love of Friends theme? I'm just curious, if they had mentioned. Thanks.
Pierre
VLC Ambassador to TLG & VLC Director

My avatar is Ninjago's Pythor P Chumsworth. YAY! I finally have him! Thank you.
TroopaDee
Master Poster

Post by TroopaDee »

I think it would have been cool if they altered it a bit from your version (eg. different engine that was silver instead) but the nose addition is nice. Congrats on having your own fanbase :)
Bricksky
Brick Overlord

Post by Bricksky »

chump wrote:Don't take this the wrong way because it's awesome and I think entirely flattering that someone would want to recreate your model and dare I say, even made that cool addition with the nose. But did they say, why they were motivated to do so? For their children? For the whimsy of it all? Love of Friends theme? I'm just curious, if they had mentioned. Thanks.
Gerard just likes to reverse engineer stuff. Before Stephanie's X-Wing he did the MF! Check this out: https://www.flickr.com/photos/technique ... 2943661956

He probably just wanted something easier to do after that major effort.

-Tyler

---------------

Gerard just provided me that exact insight:

Hi Tyler,
First of all I was generally impressed by your starwars-friends mashups. And while the AT AT is great, your Xwing has many neat details and choices that make the design so appealing. Like the one silver wing. Everybody asks: did you run out of white bricks?
And the giant engines, which makes that the cute friends have a more powerful xwing than the normal minifigs. Simply hilarious.
The falcon took me years to complete, but it has similar challenges, like many angled panels.
Please let me know your solution on how you attached the wings and the nose plates.
chump
Element God

Post by chump »

Thanks for sharing that. It’s cool for people to appreciate your MOC to the point where they want one of their own. I think it’s a huge compliment because they could have done it without mentioning it to you. And recreating a MOC is not a light undertaking.
Pierre
VLC Ambassador to TLG & VLC Director

My avatar is Ninjago's Pythor P Chumsworth. YAY! I finally have him! Thank you.