Highway to Hell; first Update? / Help?

Announce your latest and greatest MOCS.

Moderator: VLC Directors

Sir Carlsberg7905
General Poster

Highway to Hell; first Update? / Help?

Post by Sir Carlsberg7905 »

Hey guys,
This is my first post about a MOC that I have posted on this forum. I have worked a long time on this, and its still not finished. I am not sure about it anymore though. I am starting to think that maybe I should stop working on it.

This is an update of that MOC I was working on...
The building with the unfinished roof, I am going to change...
Okay so Updates are; I added a new building, 32x32 section of the road and a new 32x32 section of the wasteland, and I also added lots of cheese slopes to the original buildings roof. I will continue the highway and the fence.

I am not sure what to do with this. Either I am going to make it bigger... ..Or just destroy it all over time. The problem with making it bigger is that I have ran out of almost every single piece I have. Not literally, but I have ran out of all the essentials, like 1x2 plates and just everything to do with plates in the colours I need. lol.

HELP. :P

Oh and the pillar in the new section of the desert has a sort of radiation leak (Don't ask :P) and that is what all the light green 1x1 round studs are. :P oh and the bottom of the pink building is a Candy store :P
Bricksky
Brick Overlord

Re: Highway to Hell; first Update? / Help?

Post by Bricksky »

Hi!

Wow that is quite a large MOC you are working on! It looks really interesting too, kinda like a movie set! I'd love to see some close ups of the broken overpass, the candy store, and that tank(?) on the road. I'm also curious about the technique you used to build & tile the sloped roof, etc... Their is definitely a lot to investigate!

I don't know if you should stop or not. What I can say is that my interests always change over time and when that happens I usually take a break from it, and go on to something new. Occasionally I'll go back and update something, but usually (for me) I just move on. Once I've truly gotten something out of my system, I'm typically okay with actually tearing it down and recylcling the bricks, so they can be used in new MOC's!

I recommend that you take a lot of good pictures (for your photo album) and share the best images (i.e. email, Facebook, Flickr, etc), so that your friends can see what you've done and provide feedback...
Sir Carlsberg7905
General Poster

Thanks for the reply!
I will definitely post some mire pictures of it within the next few days.
Sir Carlsberg7905
General Poster

I think I might actually just finish the few things I need to finish with this then decide. I do have these photos of it, but they are mostly of the pink building.
I'll post some more official photos of it once I'm finished. :)