Castle Corner Tower,

Announce your latest and greatest MOCS.

Moderator: VLC Directors

J1A3L5
MOC Poster

Castle Corner Tower,

Post by J1A3L5 »

Hi all! I just finally finished a "little" castle tower I've had in the works for a while. I was waiting on some pieces I needed to finish it up and then I finally got the money to get them.

I think most of what I would write about it here is explained in the link, so here it is:

(Pic = Link)

Thanks!
TFM
Element King

Re: Castle Corner Tower,

Post by TFM »

J1A3L5 wrote:Hi all! I just finally finished a "little" castle tower I've had in the works for a while. I was waiting on some pieces I needed to finish it up and then I finally got the money to get them.

I think most of what I would write about it here is explained in the link, so here it is:

(Pic = Link)

Thanks!

Wow, very impressive, clean and yet expressive and it tells me a story about a last stand against overwhelming odds...

I love the tree's too!
8) TFM -- ABS addiction is a terrible thing... to waste.
Robin
Master Poster

Post by Robin »

Very, very nice!

It's funny how we always think that towers have to have crenels at their corners, but I really love the way your tower looks.

How many bricks (2x4, or 1x4, etc.) went into your wall, do you think?

The trees are perfect. The whole scene's great.
J1A3L5
MOC Poster

Post by J1A3L5 »

Thanks,

I'm glad you too like the "clean" look of it. I was expecting a fairly negative reaction to it, because of it's large plain walls. I was nicely surprised. I personally like the solid grey walls, although I played around with adding dark grey bricks into it too.

About how many 2x4's went into it, I might see if I can check tomorrow. It is almost entirely 2x4's, except part of the tower at the bottom I used 1x4's to save my remaining 2x4's in case I needed them elsewhere. As it turned out, I didn't. Also, the back of the walls are solid grey too, but not 2x4's. They're made up of another other sizes. Lots of 1x6's.

Crenels in the corners? I hadn't thought about that actually. Mine not having them really. Although when I originally was making it I planned to put them in the corners, but then didn't have the proper pieces to do it. I would have needed 4 of the 2x2x3 convex slopes and 4 of the 2x2x1 inverted convex slopes, which I just didn't have. And it worked properly with the spacing how I did it, so I kept it.

After the glowing reviews, and wonderful comments here, at FBTB.net, and Classic-Castle.com I was inspired to make a gate in the same scale. I decided I would keep the two wall sections (The tower and wall sections were modular using technic pins) and destroy the tower for parts. So I hope to have a gate about 48 studs wide made sometime, in the same scale to match up with my walls. (Only in straight line this time)

Thanks again. Man, posting here and talking about LEGO with you guys here in my part of the world makes me wish I could be a member and go to the meetings myself. And let you guys see more than pictures. Mmm...you REALLY need to do some show or something on the island, you know? :wink:

Ps: Two strange things. One, I guess you have a filter on the forum which makes 'moc' in little caps automatically go to uppercase? It seems to me that that messed up the link. I suppose you guys figured that out too. Secondly, earlier today something extremely strange happened with the rating polls on that MOCpage.