Announce your latest and greatest MOCS.

Moderator: VLC Directors

RadStar
Master Poster

RadStar's Fantasy Kingdom MOC

Post by RadStar »

Heya VLC,

This thread will be for my ongoing Fantasy Kingdom MOC projects

This project has four 48x48 baseplates connected together to make 48x192 building surface. I plan to include Castle Walls, Towers, Medevial Buildings, River, Waterfall, Hills, Mountain with Caverns etc.

I frequent the MOC page on Classic-Castle.Com alot and aspire to eveuntally impress the folks there :)

Cheers!!
Roger
Roger the Deaf Guy
My Moc Page
RadStar
Master Poster

Re: RadStar's Fantasy Kingdom MOC

Post by RadStar »

Last night I built a Castle Wall :)

Pretty pleased with it. I do plan on switching the bottom slopes though, so that the taller ones are where the small ones are now, and vice versa. I think it'll look a bit better that way.

The wall was just placed down for pics- the landscape and positioning will be changed.

Some more pictures in my photobucket.

Cheers!
Roger
Roger the Deaf Guy
My Moc Page
Jonathan S.
Master Poster

Post by Jonathan S. »

Looking good!
They called me loser... I called me BrickStar
Pascal
Brick Overlord

Post by Pascal »

looks good. I look forward to seeing more!
tukac
MOC Poster

Post by tukac »

That is pretty cool. Looking forward to the day I have enough brick to start doing things like that. XD
What this town needs is more love bricks.
RadStar
Master Poster

Post by RadStar »

Thanks all :)
tukac wrote:That is pretty cool. Looking forward to the day I have enough brick to start doing things like that. XD
Careful for what you wish for ha... :? To have that much bricks- is to require a lot organization :P

Today was a day off, and I just spent the ENTIRE day sorting & organizing my bricks- so that its all cleaned up and I can effectively build more by easily finding pieces :P I'd say 85% done.. but the last 15% are those teeny tiny and totally mixed assortment of shapes/modified bricks!! :lol:

Roger the Deaf Guy
My Moc Page
chump
Element God

Post by chump »

I can quickly fix that last 15% for you. Just give it all to me! (What do you mean you want it back?)
Pierre
VLC Ambassador to TLG & VLC Director

My avatar is Ninjago's Pythor P Chumsworth. YAY! I finally have him! Thank you.
tukac
MOC Poster

Post by tukac »

chump wrote:I can quickly fix that last 15% for you. Just give it all to me! (What do you mean you want it back?)
lol, I was thinking the same thing. XD

I have spent many hours in the last month organizing and acquiring more lego. Trying to stay on top of it so I don't end up like Allan... j/k j/k ;)
RadStar
Master Poster

Post by RadStar »

Heya VLC'ers :)

An update on my large project! Four new pictures!

1) The Dragon Knights & Allies!

2) The village is coming along

3) Inside the Mountain, you can see the Caverns inside for the monsters & trolls etc :)

4) An overall view of my project (and the mess!) Four 48x48 baseplates wide.

As this project grows and evolves, things are sure to change a bit here and there.. As one may note that very castle wall I previously had in the middle of the project, is no longer there :)

Cheers!!
Roger the Deaf Guy
My Moc Page
tukac
MOC Poster

Post by tukac »

wow, looking good, Roger. I like your tower. It's rather intimidating to the poor fools who would consider attacking. XD
RadStar
Master Poster

Post by RadStar »

Worked on the castle section yesterday/today.

Building a dungeon & a storeroom (to hold all the extra weapons, chests, barrells, etc!)

So to make the dungeon & storeroom "underground" I raised the ground up by 3 bricks.. Im already out of black bricks, I'll need more in order to raise the other sections! :P
Last edited by RadStar on Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Roger the Deaf Guy
My Moc Page
RadStar
Master Poster

Post by RadStar »

Ordered the black bricks from a seller in Sooke, BC off Bricklink. It was only a week from the day I ordered to receiving them!
The bricks cost me $35 but shipping was $10- I believe that is around same or a bit more than from the states.. but it was wayyyy faster without the customs wait!

Cheers!
Last edited by RadStar on Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Roger the Deaf Guy
My Moc Page
RadStar
Master Poster

Post by RadStar »

Classic Castle is having another fun contest http://www.classic-castle.com/forum/vie ... =3&t=20777

"Medieval-ify your own house" I've been inspired and have been working on an Castle Apartment for the last 3 nights!

This will affect the layout plans for my project but that's alright! Im enjoying the creative energy and new direction my project is going in.

This post is picture free and meant to entice interest. :lol:

Cheers!
Roger the Deaf Guy
My Moc Page
RadStar
Master Poster

Post by RadStar »

WIP Photo!!!

Kensington Castle - based on my Apartment Building 'Kensington House'
Roger the Deaf Guy
My Moc Page
RadStar
Master Poster

Post by RadStar »

I've worked on the other side (you can use the green windows on the front side as reference! :))

(Pic Deleted)

Cheers!
Last edited by RadStar on Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Roger the Deaf Guy
My Moc Page
michael
Master Poster

Post by michael »

I like it!

A medieval apartment building is a great idea.
RadStar
Master Poster

Post by RadStar »

Still MOC'ing feverishly everyday, working on my Castle Apartment- and my gf is quite annoyed with me :( Getting to be a challenge finding parts I need.. running out in a major way. Time to disassemble some smaller projects?! :P

This is the back of the building.. no elevator :) so we have stairs.. also on the right side- you can see the "outhouse" bathroom. will be adding a roof on top there

The back opens up, can see into bedroom, hallway, and the side of kitchen and the bathroom.

Poor photo quality I know. Will be having my friend snap pics when Im all done. He says the photos will be timeless. Lol

Cheers!!
Last edited by RadStar on Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Roger the Deaf Guy
My Moc Page
Jonathan S.
Master Poster

Post by Jonathan S. »

Very nice. I love it! :D
RadStar
Master Poster

Post by RadStar »

Thanks Jonathan :) Will we be seeing any more of your Apoc MOC's soon ? :)

I didnt get any building done last night- I had the best of intentions.. but had a beer & started playing Angry Birds on the IPAD, 2 1/2 hours later I got the badge "30+ hours played! Angry Bird Addict!" Dammit! (But so close to getting all 3 stars for 1st Episode... :roll: )

Cheers!
Roger the Deaf Guy
My Moc Page
chump
Element God

Post by chump »

RadStar wrote:Thanks Jonathan :) Will we be seeing any more of your Apoc MOC's soon ? :)

I didnt get any building done last night- I had the best of intentions.. but had a beer & started playing Angry Birds on the IPAD, 2 1/2 hours later I got the badge "30+ hours played! Angry Bird Addict!" Dammit! (But so close to getting all 3 stars for 1st Episode... :roll: )

Cheers!
There's a "30+ hours played" badge? Wow.... And then there's Angry Birds Seasons and Angry Birds Rio. And for the more manly version, Trucks and Skulls.
Pierre
VLC Ambassador to TLG & VLC Director

My avatar is Ninjago's Pythor P Chumsworth. YAY! I finally have him! Thank you.
RadStar
Master Poster

Post by RadStar »

Lol I've purposely NOT looked at Angry Birds Seasons or Rio. I really don't want another addiction/distractor! :P I only accidentally started playing the game cause I was bored at my in-laws!!

About my Lego Set-up..

I've also begun cleaning up the 48x48 baseplates on top, getting ready to transport the castle apartment over there.. and redo'ing some landscape as well.

I spent quite some time cleaning up the mess I made building the 1st section of apartment too.. Seems Lego Hobby requires organization and tidiness to be effective ;)
Roger the Deaf Guy
My Moc Page
RadStar
Master Poster

Post by RadStar »

Heya :)

Worked on the 1st floor yesterday (Sunday). 3 new photos.. Im not really fond of the dark red bricks at the bottom- probably will try out another scheme with dark gray bricks.

Image Image Image

When Im done with the 1st floor.. I'll go back and finish the top with the ballisades/turrets. I've planned on adding an Owlery (post/mail) and a tower clock but may skip the clock because the positioning of the apartment in my town wouldnt really have the clock facing the best direction possible (for the townsfolk to see!!) I have found that I am allowing the design/creativity process also dictate the design results- not only the original ideas/intentions.. but also the story/dialogue running in my head has an effect on results ;)
Roger the Deaf Guy
My Moc Page
Jonathan S.
Master Poster

Post by Jonathan S. »

RadStar wrote:Will we be seeing any more of your Apoc MOC's soon ? :)

Cheers!
I have lots built only one apoc scene though. :? I have gotten into lego art a bit, as well as real life things such as a sub woofer. But today I have some ideas so i might come up with a few new things! :D
Jonathan S.
Master Poster

Post by Jonathan S. »

RadStar wrote:Heya :)

Worked on the 1st floor yesterday (Sunday). 3 new photos.. Im not really fond of the dark red bricks at the bottom- probably will try out another scheme with dark gray bricks.

Amazing! I can not wait to see this at the meeting!!!! :D Time very well spent. :)
RadStar
Master Poster

Post by RadStar »

Jonathan S. wrote:
RadStar wrote:Will we be seeing any more of your Apoc MOC's soon ? :)
Cheers!
I have lots built only one apoc scene though. :? I have gotten into lego art a bit, as well as real life things such as a sub woofer. But today I have some ideas so i might come up with a few new things! :D
Cool- what is Lego Art? I was under the impression everything we did with lego was art anyhow haha. Are the subwoofers in a car or your room? Enjoy your hearing while you have em haha ;)
Jonathan S. wrote:Amazing! I can not wait to see this at the meeting!!!! :D Time very well spent. :)
Thanks but wont be bringing it to the meeting this Friday though- it's a busy week and I don't see myself finishing it by then. :|
Roger the Deaf Guy
My Moc Page