Blacktron II

Announce your latest and greatest MOCS.

Moderator: VLC Directors

smartiac
MOC Poster

Blacktron II

Post by smartiac »

Introducing the Blacktron II, a drop ship designed for raiding and piracy of mining settlements and colonies far from the long arm of the Space Police.

The Blacktron II is over 200 studs long, around 220 actually, almost 6 feet. It took me about 6 months to build, around 100 hours of build time. There might be as many as 15,000 bricks in this creation but I really don't know. I know that there are around 5000 1x2 bricks in it, some from Bricklink, some borrowed from my buddies stash and a couple thousand of my own. The interior was fun, not as detailed as some of the other ships out there but I like it. It has a technic frame stretching the full length of the ship, extending over and under the hangar as well. I am actually able to lift it in the middle with little to no sag.
Thanks to Dave DeGobbi for the neon-green for neon-orange part swap and Brickville Designworks for lending a tonne of black to me for this ship.
Enjoy folks and for those of you in the Northwest (southwest Canada) I'll see you in Seattle at NWBrickcon in October.

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=241636
http://www.flickr.com/photos/proudlove/ ... acktronii/
Platypus
Brick God

Post by Platypus »

What can I say... You remember when I said that the stuf you build puts my work to shame, and that there just isn't any point in building stuff if people have already seen your work. That's where I'm at again. :wink:

WOW! That's all I can really say. I can only make this humble attempt at attaching myself to your glory by offering to loan you 40 B-tron figs (it looks like you don't have many). Where I fall short with skill I can perhaps make up with large collection of classic space (size counts for something, sometimes).

Really though, I love it. Great engine details, a perfect use of the 8x4 wing plate. I love to air lock. I can't wait to see the landing gear in action. Over all shape and flow are amazing. If I ever produce a sci-fi films I want you to do the ship designs.

Nice work!
David Gagnon - (AKA Daveed or Platypus)
jaem
MOC Poster

Post by jaem »

That is INCREDIBLE! I love the general curvy shape. Man! I wish I could build like that!

second on the landing gear... videos, maybe?
~Jeffery MacEachern
----
Blessed are the Geeks, for they shall Internet the Earth
smartiac
MOC Poster

Post by smartiac »

sorry guys, hate to disappoint, but the landing gear is static. It no movey. It sure looks like it should though, eh? Thanks for the kind words.
AC
Brick God

Wow

Post by AC »

That is a thing of beauty. 8)

This is a question for anyone. Do you get a picture in your head of the moc you want to build or do you just start building and it comes together as you go? Maybe it is a combination of the two.
Platypus
Brick God

Post by Platypus »

I picture it and then I build. If I'm in a goos building haad space I see the individual pieces making the shapes, not just the shape I'm going for.

Other times when I /have to/ make something specific I will start without any real idea of what I'm doing and see how it shapes out.
David Gagnon - (AKA Daveed or Platypus)
DeGobbi
Brick Deity

Post by DeGobbi »

i have a general image in my head of what i want it to look like . then i go from there ./ i ususally build all the extremely detailed or key components first , mount them to a frame of some sort , then skin it . , when building big at least .

building medium to small I find it easy to layout hte general shape and stuff cause its hard to modifiy shape later then it is to modifiy detail
VLC Loud mouth
Dave De Gobbi