No Starch Press LEGO eBooks for a bargain (a donation to charity)

Post sales you know are happening around the lower mainland so that we may all enjoy a good Lego sale!

Moderator: VLC Directors

Kyler
Brick Deity

No Starch Press LEGO eBooks for a bargain (a donation to charity)

Post by Kyler »

I heard about this fantastic deal from Robin S. but apparently the word's getting out (Brickset has now blogged about it).

It's a time limited offer (so don't delay) but there are a bunch of fantastic books you can get while simultaneously donating to charity.

Have a look

Brickset Blog Post:
http://brickset.com/article/24450/no-st ... ook-bundle

Direct Link to the deal:
https://www.humblebundle.com/books/lego-book-bundle
Kyler Storm - (not the Gladiator)
JamesH
Master Poster

Re: No Starch Press LEGO eBooks for a bargain (a donation to charity)

Post by JamesH »

Thanks Kyler! I just ordered the full set. The Humble Bundle usually has great deals.
jeffrose
MOC Poster

Post by jeffrose »

I bought these yesterday too! I was about to buy one of them (physical) and got the whole bundle for about the same price.
VLC - Technical Director Since 2018
Owner of: Brick Brains and BricksAndLinks
chump
Element God

Post by chump »

$1 million of ebooks sold in 2 weeks. Holy moly. I still prefer the physical books though, as looking at an ebook for photos to me almost feels like looking at a private localized website.

At first when there were only a few books it was easy to buy them all (in physical format) but then they kept pumping them out and I had to just stop. I just noticed I have a good chunk of those in the first two tiers. And it is a good deal for this ebook bundle. Although, I guess when they say $1million, they're probably talking the retail value, not how much people actually paid. If it is the latter, kudos to them.
Pierre
VLC Ambassador to TLG & VLC Director

My avatar is Ninjago's Pythor P Chumsworth. YAY! I finally have him! Thank you.
Kyler
Brick Deity

Post by Kyler »

Some of them are lovely coffee table books (like Beautiful LEGO) which indeed make more sense (and view better) as physical print books. But for those that provide an instructional aspect, it's probably easier for some to reference their laptop or iPad screen while building than to figure out a way to keep a physical book propped open to the page they're on while actually building.

Either way, I'll be enjoying mine (both the eBooks I just got and the printed ones I've bought in the past).
Kyler Storm - (not the Gladiator)