Black Friday 2012 - List here

Post sales you know are happening around the lower mainland so that we may all enjoy a good Lego sale!

Moderator: VLC Directors

Maple
General Poster

Black Friday 2012 - List here

Post by Maple »

Thought I start a list for today... any extra special Black Friday sales you spot, post them here...

Any deals on at the Oakridge and downtown stores?
chump
Element God

Re: Black Friday 2012 - List here

Post by chump »

Probably a little too late to be of use, but Walmart has/had their 650 piece Basic Brick bucket for $20. As Brickhead says, new collectors could always use more basic brick.
Pierre
VLC Ambassador to TLG & VLC Director

My avatar is Ninjago's Pythor P Chumsworth. YAY! I finally have him! Thank you.
soundwave
Brick Deity

Post by soundwave »

20% seems to be the standard. Toy traders Canadian tire and others
Shane Weckstrom

flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/43769067@N08/

Save a Tree, Eat a Beaver
soundwave
Brick Deity

Post by soundwave »

I should also mention that today might be a good day to pick up a present for our gift exchange :wink:
Shane Weckstrom

flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/43769067@N08/

Save a Tree, Eat a Beaver
TSky64

Post by TSky64 »

The Lego Store in Oakridge Mall is offering 10-50% off of your total until Sunday. It is based on a scratch type ticket you get when you pay at the cashier (I got 20% today, Yayy). If you purchase over $75 you get a small Pick-A-Brick box you can fill after Dec 26th. If you purchases over $100 you also get you a free Holiday set (Set #3300014). Plus you also get a large foldable re-uasable Lego tote bag.

Check out the Store Calendar at this link: http://stores.lego.com/en-us/stores/ca/oakridge-centre/
chump
Element God

Post by chump »

Good call TSky64 and welcome! Totally forgot to post about the Lego Store Black Friday special at all.
Pierre
VLC Ambassador to TLG & VLC Director

My avatar is Ninjago's Pythor P Chumsworth. YAY! I finally have him! Thank you.
Hemel
General Poster

Post by Hemel »

Just a quick note about the Lego store...the discount card 10-50% was only available to the first 300 people today. After that it's just 10% off of $149.99 or more purchase.

I popped in this morning and picked up a few things but only managed 10%. The guy in front of me and the guy behind me both got 20% :( .

Also, Lego Store had damaged products discounted up to 30% off...best deal I saw on the damaged boxes was a B-Wing for 30% off
brankell5566
MOC Poster

Post by brankell5566 »

What other damaged box stuff did they have?

I know all LEGO Stores across North America have the Joust for 20% off + that extra 10% for spending over 149.
Hemel
General Poster

Post by Hemel »

Not much else that really stood out.

Lego store was supposed to open at 930 and I got there around 915 and they were already open with a long line up that stretched pretty much around the store.

By the time I got to the damaged box section, it was slim pickings...some Star Wars Buildable Galaxy boxes, a Star Wars Advent Calendar, couple smaller Duplo boxes and a few 3365 Space Moon Buggy's.
timtosino
Element King

Post by timtosino »

Anything for TRU this week on city? I was at Alderwood Mall and they didn't have the new city stuff yet or even at the TRU, but apparently Canadian TRU has them already.
-Tim Tosino
Lugnet #606
ILTCO #101
http://www.flickr.com/photos/tim_tosino/
timtosino
Element King

Post by timtosino »

Anything for TRU this week on city? I was at Alderwood Mall and they didn't have the new city stuff yet or even at the TRU, but apparently Canadian TRU has them already.
-Tim Tosino
Lugnet #606
ILTCO #101
http://www.flickr.com/photos/tim_tosino/
Maple
General Poster

Post by Maple »

Bummed out went to pick up the Winter Village Cottage for my daughter, plus the bonus sleigh, went to the checkout and the page refreshed and my sleigh disappeared :o( -- and it wouldn't re-add it, guess they sold out. For $129, the bonus was my tipping point to buy, so I just cancelled my order.

Will have to visit the Oakridge store and see what they have special for the kids, and just wait until next year.