Last day - Toys'R'Us 15% off City LEGO

Post sales you know are happening around the lower mainland so that we may all enjoy a good Lego sale!

Moderator: VLC Directors

Arct3ryx
Experienced Poster

Last day - Toys'R'Us 15% off City LEGO

Post by Arct3ryx »

Totally missed this until I happened to stroll into the TRU @ Willowbrook to waste some time before dinner - and they had 15% off the City line.

They were also blowing out all their (non-LEGO) Star Wars & Transformer toys. Didn't pick up any LEGO or Star Wars stuff, but talked myself into picking up a Kreo Prowl. I've got a couple of these now (Mirage, Sideswipe) and they're fun to play with :)
chump
Element God

Re: Last day - Toys'R'Us 15% off City LEGO

Post by chump »

Define "blowout" are we talking 50% off or more? And what are your thoughts about the Kreo line? Anyone's worth picking up?
Pierre
VLC Ambassador to TLG & VLC Director

My avatar is Ninjago's Pythor P Chumsworth. YAY! I finally have him! Thank you.
Arct3ryx
Experienced Poster

Post by Arct3ryx »

Some of the bobbleheads were $7; obviously stock that isn't going to move. None of the popular ones were there. Some others were 25% off, I saw a few smatterings of 15 & 30's. I've only built the Mirage & Prowl so far and was pretty entertained by them... I do like the Kreons since they've got more articulation, I also appreciate how the models seem to be a good blend of G1 and movie types.

They would definitely be cool to assemble into some mecha-type MOCs...

They're fun enough that I'd go and pick up the others if I had some spare change jingling around. The pieces are snug, fit tight and my only wish was that they transform. Besides that... fun :) Really thinking hard about the big Optimus Prime set. That one looks awesome.
chump
Element God

Post by chump »

Thanks. I was hoping that some of those Kreo Transformers were 50% off or something. Although they were only introduced a short time ago, so wishful thinking, huh? Oh well, they don't transform without disassembly and none of them are (in my opinion) stellar in both configurations. Save my money for real Lego!

So yeah, last day of 15% off City Lego, only to be replaced by 20% off four City Lego sets.
Pierre
VLC Ambassador to TLG & VLC Director

My avatar is Ninjago's Pythor P Chumsworth. YAY! I finally have him! Thank you.
Arct3ryx
Experienced Poster

Post by Arct3ryx »

I think I'm kinda done for LEGO CITY purchases for the year... I really hauled up a truckload from that BOGO50 at Toys'R'Us in Seattle a few weeks ago. What I really need now is more road pieces - curse you LEGO, why do you bundle all those useless pieces - and I never see those at the stores.