Toys'R'Us USA BOGO 50% on select themes

Post sales you know are happening around the lower mainland so that we may all enjoy a good Lego sale!

Moderator: VLC Directors

Arct3ryx
Experienced Poster

Toys'R'Us USA BOGO 50% on select themes

Post by Arct3ryx »

As per Bricks to Bothans...

Toys’R'Us USA BOGO 50% Sale On Select Themes

Starting today through Saturday July 16th, Toys’R'Us is offering a BOGO 50% discount on LEGO City, Ninjago, and Toy Story sets. Offer is good in-store and online. If your online order is $49 or more, you’ll score free shipping.

It is enough to make me contemplate heading across the border to hit up a Toys'R'Us there... or ship a few things to a cross-border mailbox...

Edited: to emphasize that it is TRU USA, and not Canada...
Last edited by Arct3ryx on Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
chump
Element God

Re: Toys'R'Us USA BOGO 50% on select themes

Post by chump »

Oh.... I was looking at the Ninjago Fire Temple set and deciding to ask someone going to BrickCon to get it at discount rates, but this would be the same, wouldn't it? It's out of stock online, but if someone is thinking of going down and buying it (or equivalent priced), let me know.

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.js ... d=11815471

I wonder what the pricing is going to be like in Canada?

Eurobricks Review of Ninjago Fire Temple.

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.p ... opic=57473

And thanks for the sales notice.
Pierre
VLC Ambassador to TLG & VLC Director

My avatar is Ninjago's Pythor P Chumsworth. YAY! I finally have him! Thank you.
RadStar
Master Poster

Post by RadStar »

What the heck? Its $120 USD?! I was expecting it to be $120 CAD here shoot

Ive been really antipacting this set since I found out about it. I made a thread about it a while ago actually. It's amazing and has alot goodies I know my son will love, and lots that works great with my castle/medevial theme, especially the dragon wall panels & the kick ass red fire dragon
Roger the Deaf Guy
My Moc Page
chump
Element God

Post by chump »

RadStar wrote:What the heck? Its $120 USD?! I was expecting it to be $120 CAD here shoot

Ive been really antipacting this set since I found out about it. I made a thread about it a while ago actually. It's amazing and has alot goodies I know my son will love, and lots that works great with my castle/medevial theme, especially the dragon wall panels & the kick ass red fire dragon
Yes, definitely a Yikes! on that price. I'd like two of this set, but at that price, even with the discount, it's a tough justification. Lego is really testing what the market will pay with it's pricing of sets. I'm also curious whether this indeed is the MSRP or TRU's pricing, since it's not listed on S@H yet.
Pierre

RadStar
Master Poster

Post by RadStar »

And I just found out today theres a lightining dragon set coming out, very nice blue color.

BUT! the price on brickapedia has to be a joke.. $80 USD ?!?!http://lego.wikia.com/wiki/2521_Lightning_Dragon_Battle

The Ice Dragon was only $24.99 here.. what gives.. a lame helicopter and 3 more figs makes up the $55 difference?! :(

Dammit.
Roger the Deaf Guy
My Moc Page
chump
Element God

Post by chump »

According to the Eurobricks article, the Fire Temple set is US$125. Fortunately for me, none of the other sets really compel me to purchase. At first I was interested in some of the other sets, but after looking at them, they didn't really do much for me. Wouldn't mind getting more of those red frame screens to build out the building. This set pretty much has all the figs I want from the line. Although, I wouldn't mind a white clothed, Sensei Wu.

And Master Splinter... whoops.. that's Megabloks.
Pierre