50% off POP @ TRU

Post sales you know are happening around the lower mainland so that we may all enjoy a good Lego sale!

Moderator: VLC Directors

AC
Brick God

50% off POP @ TRU

Post by AC »

The stock seems to be good and the price is right on POP @ TRU. :D Prince of Persia at Toys are Us, just in case you were wondering.
kennymatic
Experienced Poster

Re: 50% off POP @ TRU

Post by kennymatic »

Does anyone else find PoP sets dull? Even at 50% off I'm finding myself think very hard about spending any money on the PoP sets. I think the excitement peaked at the ostriches.
kennymatic
Experienced Poster

Post by kennymatic »

Oh but if you need a reason to go to TRU this week, I did notice NinjaGo sets at the Metropolis TRU this morning.
AC
Brick God

Post by AC »

kennymatic wrote:Does anyone else find PoP sets dull? Even at 50% off I'm finding myself think very hard about spending any money on the PoP sets. I think the excitement peaked at the ostriches.
New turbans, knifes, claws, dark brown bushes, dark flesh bricks... Dull? We all have different things we like about sets, and I like all the earthy colours and new parts. :D
Platypus
Brick God

Post by Platypus »

As of this morning, Broadway location only had Ostrich Race, Fight for the Knife, and Battle of Alamut. Lot of each, but even at 50% they are not that exciting. I got 3 knife sets, just to get some of those parts into my collection.
David Gagnon - (AKA Daveed or Platypus)
kennymatic
Experienced Poster

Post by kennymatic »

Platypus wrote:As of this morning, Broadway location only had Ostrich Race, Fight for the Knife, and Battle of Alamut. Lot of each, but even at 50% they are not that exciting. I got 3 knife sets, just to get some of those parts into my collection.
Broadway now seems to be sold out of everything. I decided its still a good deal to try to grab some of these sets. Gonna try Metropolis again in a bit.
JamesH
Master Poster

Post by JamesH »

kennymatic wrote:Broadway now seems to be sold out of everything. I decided its still a good deal to try to grab some of these sets. Gonna try Metropolis again in a bit.
I just got home from the Broadway store and they had lots of the Ostrich and Flight of the dagger, but they were in a different spot, not with the rest of the lego. They were by the entrance. There were still some of the city crane sets that were 50% before x-mas... I guess no one could find them. They were where Pierre said, between the main store and the baby store... but they're not 50% off any more.
Platypus
Brick God

Post by Platypus »

I am regretting not getting any of the Desert Attack sets, at 50% off. If any one sees any, will you grab 2-4 for me? They were all sold out by the time I got to Broadway at 11am on the 26th, so someone must have scooped 20-30 of them, but maybe the resellers didn't hit all the stores.
soundwave
Brick Deity

Post by soundwave »

as of last night whalley had a couple left
Shane Weckstrom

flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/43769067@N08/

Save a Tree, Eat a Beaver
chump
Element God

Post by chump »

Metrotown had a few yesterday and I shouldnhavr picked up another too. However I did manage to score another Battle of Alamut. (the last one) And she processed the 10 off of 50! Yay me!

Checked out the MOC The Mosque, the Scorpion Fort and Alamut Gate and was suitably impressed by this set.

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=4685181

I don't know when the PoP sale ends though.

S@H catalog arrived today and really liking the bigger Ninjago sets but the DX minifigs look to be unattainable at a reasonable price point. Also picked out the Pharoah's Quest sets that I hope to add to my Adventurers, Indiana Jones and Prince of Persia sets.
Last edited by chump on Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pierre
VLC Ambassador to TLG & VLC Director

My avatar is Ninjago's Pythor P Chumsworth. YAY! I finally have him! Thank you.
Andrew
Brick Overlord

Post by Andrew »

Coquiutlam tru had only ostrich races left about 30 - 40 boxes.I did manage to pick up 3 -fight for the daggers,at 20 bucks I think this is the better parts set.

Andrew .
Lego trains are just the best!
Platypus
Brick God

Post by Platypus »

There are still 30-40 Ostrich Race at the Broadway TRU as well. But nothing else.

Well, if any of you see the Desert Attack again, I would love to have a few (as many as 4).
Andrew
Brick Overlord

Post by Andrew »

Real Canadian Superstore has some 1/2 price sets.Armymen $7.44,camper 9.94,some other castle sets were 25% off.The westwood and lougheed store still had lots of armymen on sale.THe sale might end on Friday though.

cheers,Andrew :wink:
Lego trains are just the best!
Gumby
Master Poster

Post by Gumby »

Andrew wrote:Real Canadian Superstore has some 1/2 price sets.Armymen $7.44,camper 9.94,some other castle sets were 25% off.The westwood and lougheed store still had lots of armymen on sale.THe sale might end on Friday though.
I was at Superstore on Saturday (Jan 8th) and the sets Andrew mentions were still on sale. I picked up 2x 7639 Camper, but not sure if I'll be keeping both (if any) of them...
-Bryan
chump
Element God

Post by chump »

Gumby wrote:
Andrew wrote:Real Canadian Superstore has some 1/2 price sets.Armymen $7.44,camper 9.94,some other castle sets were 25% off.The westwood and lougheed store still had lots of armymen on sale.THe sale might end on Friday though.
I was at Superstore on Saturday (Jan 8th) and the sets Andrew mentions were still on sale. I picked up 2x 7639 Camper, but not sure if I'll be keeping both (if any) of them...
I picked up a few more Campers too, as I find it a great little set (even when I bought a bunch at 25% off) to give to little girls as presents to start them off in Lego.

Duplo Toy Story 3 and Cars were at the 50% off level.
Pierre
VLC Ambassador to TLG & VLC Director

My avatar is Ninjago's Pythor P Chumsworth. YAY! I finally have him! Thank you.
Jonathan S.
Master Poster

Post by Jonathan S. »

chump wrote:
Gumby wrote:
I picked up a few more Campers too, as I find it a great little set (even when I bought a bunch at 25% off) to give to little girls as presents to start them off in Lego.

Duplo Toy Story 3 and Cars were at the 50% off level.
I love the camper. It makes a good APOC saluter van. :P
They called me loser... I called me BrickStar