TRU: 20% off Creator, Space Police, Power Miners May

Post sales you know are happening around the lower mainland so that we may all enjoy a good Lego sale!

Moderator: VLC Directors

beethead
MOC Poster

TRU: 20% off Creator, Space Police, Power Miners May

Post by beethead »

Sale from May 28 - June 3

Was at the TRU on Broadway tonight with the kids and was surprised to see all of the new Lego sets.
They had Creator sets Ferocious Creatures #5868 and Sonic Boom #5892 on sale, 20% off.

Not on sale but also worth mentioning I saw new City, Atlantis and World Racers sets too! I was drooling over the Lego City Truck and Airport sets.
timtosino
Element King

Re: TRU: 20% off Creator, Space Police, Power Miners May

Post by timtosino »

Yellow semi is in ? Awesome!
-Tim Tosino
Lugnet #606
ILTCO #101
http://www.flickr.com/photos/tim_tosino/
chump
Element God

Post by chump »

Online seems to have some of the bigger sets like Grand Carousel and the Taj Mahal, lumped into this sale. Emerald Night, Fire Brigade and Green Grocer too, but temporarily unavailable online.

http://www.toysrus.ca/search/index.jsp? ... 00.01&pg=2

Plus free shipping over $49.99
Pierre
VLC Ambassador to TLG & VLC Director

My avatar is Ninjago's Pythor P Chumsworth. YAY! I finally have him! Thank you.
legofactory
MOC Poster

Post by legofactory »

chump wrote:Online seems to have some of the bigger sets like Grand Carousel and the Taj Mahal, lumped into this sale. Emerald Night, Fire Brigade and Green Grocer too, but temporarily unavailable online.

You don't get free shipping on sales items. The regular shipping fee will still apply after you put it in your cart.
chump
Element God

Post by chump »

That sucks, but good to know. Thanks.
Pierre

Gumby
Master Poster

Post by Gumby »

chump wrote:Online seems to have some of the bigger sets like Grand Carousel and the Taj Mahal, lumped into this sale. Emerald Night, Fire Brigade and Green Grocer too, but temporarily unavailable online.

I often see the bigger sets "temporarily unavailable online". Coincidence?

Are you sure the sale sets don't get free shipping? I added the Carousel to my cart and it the shipping amount is added, then credited.
-Bryan
legofactory
MOC Poster

Post by legofactory »

Gumby wrote:

I often see the bigger sets "temporarily unavailable online". Coincidence?

Are you sure the sale sets don't get free shipping? I added the Carousel to my cart and it the shipping amount is added, then credited.
The big sets sell out fast. I suggest checking the site at 9:00 pm on thursday when the sale starts. They had a couple of green grocer but no emerald night and fire brigade before the sale.

So for sales items, shipping shows up first, then gets credit back in the final process?
Gumby
Master Poster

Post by Gumby »

legofactory wrote:The big sets sell out fast. I suggest checking the site at 9:00 pm on thursday when the sale starts. They had a couple of green grocer but no emerald night and fire brigade before the sale.

So for sales items, shipping shows up first, then gets credit back in the final process?
Here, I added a Carousel to my cart, and included a screenshot of what it looks like. Charges you $7.95 for shipping (an estimate), then subtracts the $7.95 again.
Attachments
tru_screenshot.jpg
-Bryan
chump
Element God

Post by chump »

So are we going to see a carousel anytime soon? Not that BrickBaron's Carousel of Death wasn't a lot of fun. Or were you just playing around with the TRU shopping cart system?
Pierre

Gumby
Master Poster

Post by Gumby »

chump wrote:So are we going to see a carousel anytime soon? Not that BrickBaron's Carousel of Death wasn't a lot of fun. Or were you just playing around with the TRU shopping cart system?
No sorry, I was just playing around with the shopping cart...
-Bryan
legofactory
MOC Poster

Post by legofactory »

Gumby wrote:
Here, I added a Carousel to my cart, and included a screenshot of what it looks like. Charges you $7.95 for shipping (an estimate), then subtracts the $7.95 again.[/quote]

I see what you mean now. But the last time I placed a star wars on sale order, shipping was not subtracted. I tried placing regular price items and shipping was subtracted. I call them and they say sales items are not included. Interesting to see that free shipping now qualifies. Thanks for the heads up.