Star Wars @ Shop @ Home !!!!

Post sales you know are happening around the lower mainland so that we may all enjoy a good Lego sale!

Moderator: VLC Directors

Captain Pike
MOC Poster

Star Wars @ Shop @ Home !!!!

Post by Captain Pike »

Check out the prices on the Ultimate Millennium Falcon and Republic Dropship w/ OT Walker!!!!
Yes four exclamation points! Check now! Limited time deal May 3 & 4.
http://shop.lego.com/SalesAndDeals/Default.aspx?va=1
Andrew
Brick Overlord

Re: Star Wars @ Shop @ Home !!!!

Post by Andrew »

just bought 5 falcons for club use (drafting),wife is not going to be thrilled .

see ya ,Andrew .ps thanks capt.pike
Lego trains are just the best!
Pascal
Brick Overlord

Post by Pascal »

The falcon is a heck of a model :)
Still... over 500 to buy one... ouch.
DeGobbi
Brick Deity

Post by DeGobbi »

they raised the pricing up pascal it was 170 CDN per falcon and 80 per drop ship . Hey andrew and daveed , I wonder if they will reverse your order cause maybe they made a mistake , or they will honor the sale .
VLC Loud mouth
Dave De Gobbi
soundwave
Brick Deity

Post by soundwave »

I ordered 1 of each and recieved an email confirmation showing the amount. it would be difficult for them to not honor it now. I just looked at the pieces on Peeron. man i wish I had these a month ago. they would have made construction on my ship much easier! this will make a nice deep draft. 1,215 grey 2x3's should be make an impressive pile!
Shane Weckstrom

flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/43769067@N08/

Save a Tree, Eat a Beaver
Andrew
Brick Overlord

Post by Andrew »

Yah ,I got a email confirm with the pricing at $170 cdn.each,free shipping .yahoo
The club will have to decide on drafting these (5 or 4 ).I also bought another two for myself,although I was planning on selling the other one.
Pierre did you get some?

Andrew :wink:
chump
Element God

Post by chump »

The confirmation e-mail just says "we received your order", which in my books doesn't amount to much. It's the shipping order that, I'm interested in seeing. If my order comes through, there will be some happy kids. If not, the ride was fun while it lasted!
Pierre
VLC Ambassador to TLG & VLC Director

My avatar is Ninjago's Pythor P Chumsworth. YAY! I finally have him! Thank you.
legofactory
MOC Poster

Post by legofactory »

The sale will be honoured. Wished I had ordered a few more of the dropships.
Andrew
Brick Overlord

Post by Andrew »

I just received an email from lego saying they were limiting the quantities to two,and that the 5 falcon order has been cancelled.I,m calling BS on that!They send you a confermation that the order wenrt through and now they pull this ,first canucks lose then this happens.Think an e-mail will solve the problem.A store has to honour their price right?

Andrew :x
DeGobbi
Brick Deity

Post by DeGobbi »

well i lets hope you can get 2 at the 170 then , ask if they will allow a group of 3 people to buy 5 at 170 , since they cancelled your order . I'll buy two for drafting if they allow that
VLC Loud mouth
Dave De Gobbi
Andrew
Brick Overlord

Post by Andrew »

My cancellation email stated that they were limiting 2 sets to each person or household.upon closer inspection they gone and cancelled my 2 set order not my 5 set one,bloody idiots are going to get some dissatisfied comments from me tomorrow,as well as the email I just sent.

Very displeased,Andrew :x
AC
Brick God

Post by AC »

beethead
MOC Poster

Post by beethead »

Andrew wrote:My cancellation email stated that they were limiting 2 sets to each person or household.upon closer inspection they gone and cancelled my 2 set order not my 5 set one,bloody idiots are going to get some dissatisfied comments from me tomorrow,as well as the email I just sent.

Very displeased,Andrew :x
Just curious, what time did you place your order at or what was your order number? I want to get an idea if/when I'm going to receive the cancellation email. I placed my order around 00:30 PST on May 3 when I noticed the price difference between Canada and USA. I rushed to throw the items I wanted into my cart and checkout as fast as possible. I was expecting the order cancellation email this morning but I have yet to see it. Only a couple of hours left in the work day on eastcoast time so I'm crossing my fingers I dodged the cancellation bullet.
chump
Element God

Post by chump »

I think you'll be fine if you ordered one or two. Check your order status online. I haven't received an e-mail update, but my status has gone from "In Process" to "Shipped".

ETA: Just got the e-mail for the Dropship. Now to get the one for the MF.
Pierre

Captain Pike
MOC Poster

Post by Captain Pike »

I had to phone in because of some credit card BS. The rep confirmed the price was a mistake but my order for one UMF and one OT Walker was going to honored. I wish I'd ordered more of the keychains when they were 61 cents.
Andrew
Brick Overlord

Post by Andrew »

My cancellation email and my returned complaint e-mail stated that they are trying to be fair to everyone,and that they want to make sure kids and their parents will be able to get these sets also.I had explained that I was a part of the VLC and all sets were going to the club at no extra cost.I also called to complain that their wasnt any limits posted when I ordered my 7 sets.The girl on the phone stated that the company was limiting it to two sets .I stated their a huge international company that should have their act together when they prepare for a sale.
I think I'll try and send another email with some of Allans remarks.Lego cancelled my 2 falcon order ,kept my 5 falcon order #,but limited the order to two sets.I'm very dissapointed with the Lego group right now.

Bummer ,Andrew :wink:
DeGobbi
Brick Deity

Post by DeGobbi »

as pissed as we all are , lets do remember that the 75 % off pricing was a mistake and we are trying to rip them off , which is actually wrong although which afol wouldn't want to get a deal like that so. be happy you are getting two I would say :P
VLC Loud mouth
Dave De Gobbi
beethead
MOC Poster

Post by beethead »

"Your LEGO Order Has Shipped"
Except I was downgraded to 2 Falcons and 2 Dropships from 5 of each. The keychains and magnet sets I ordered were all processed since the quantities were low. I have yet to receive a shipped status on my second order which has a magnet set I missed and a Falcon which I threw in just to get the free shipping.
Pascal
Brick Overlord

Post by Pascal »

Ummm.... I will volunteer to borrow, build and take apart a falcon ;) :oops:
AC
Brick God

Post by AC »

pascal wrote:Ummm.... I will volunteer to borrow, build and take apart a falcon ;) :oops:
That is very funny. :lol:
AC
Brick God

Post by AC »

You know, building a big set like that you do learn a lot. The bigger sets reveal some great tricks to making the parts do things you may not have known you could do. :D
Andrew
Brick Overlord

Post by Andrew »

I know what Dave said is true about Lego making a possible mistake on pricing,Its just the way they go about changing the situation.They give you a confermation email that your order has gone through,any other online site would honour this.An online site is open 24 hours,lego is the 3rd largest toy manufacturer in the world,they should have their stuff together when they prepare for a sale.Whwn they prepare foe a sale that is to generate revenue for themselves in a typically slow period for toys in the year(the first 4 months after christmas),I'm sure they would have calculated projections for product vs price point,and what kind of market they are targeting.Online is online,after midnight their is no limit set looks like all systems go,they did sell off the volkswagon at $60 bucks cdn. compared to $170.They,ve had wicked deals on other sets ,and some have set limits and some havent.
they should be adhereing to the confermation email and not clawing back orders.You dont buy a car online 5000 dollars off,and then24 hours later they tell you your getting the car but you'll need to buy tires for it.I think its poor business practice on part of Lego.

Andrew :p
chump
Element God

Post by chump »

When were the Lego Volkswagon's $60? I guess I missed that one.
Pierre

chump
Element God

Post by chump »

It would seem someone is already on the ball about selling the Lego Dropship on Craigslist.

http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/bnc/t ... 66462.html
Pierre

Platypus
Brick God

Post by Platypus »

Well I ordered 2 Falcons and a dropship at 11:30 on sunday and received an order shipped notice on wednesday at 11am (all PST).

THank was good thinking to order 5 for a draft Andrew, and too bad it didn't work out. But maybe your complaint will be heard. I mean really, All our members could have ordered individually, but you were just trying to save them shipping all the sets separately, right? :wink:
David Gagnon - (AKA Daveed or Platypus)