Shop @ Home

Post sales you know are happening around the lower mainland so that we may all enjoy a good Lego sale!

Moderator: VLC Directors

Graham
MOC Poster

Shop @ Home

Post by Graham »

Shop@home has free shipping over $75, and also the Green Grocer on sale for $189.99 ($30 off). Free shipping definitely helps.

Graham
chump
Element God

Re: Shop @ Home

Post by chump »

And if it makes sense to you (factoring in exchange rate, GST & PST that you'll pay at the border and your location) you may want to ship to Point Roberts, The Letter Carrier. http://www.thelettercarrier.com They charge US$2 per delivery to receive.

On sale too is the Lego Eiffel Tower. Reg $300 Sale $225.

Tempted to get Belleville Sunshine Home for the pieces for my niece but even at the sale price of $70, that's still a bit pricey for my taste and budget.
Pierre
VLC Ambassador to TLG & VLC Director

My avatar is Ninjago's Pythor P Chumsworth. YAY! I finally have him! Thank you.
Gumby
Master Poster

Post by Gumby »

*sigh* Even on sale, the price difference between US and Canada for the Green Grocer (US$120 or CDN$190) is one of the worst...
-Bryan
AC
Brick God

Post by AC »

Green Grocer is a really nice set. Lots of fun to build.
chump
Element God

Post by chump »

Buying off the US S@H nets a small savings. You have to factor in Washington State tax (9%), exchange rate of say 1.2 (you have a real bad credit card) and GST & PST (12%) and the US$2 and gas.

So on Green Grocer US$120 (Cdn$180) it works out to Cdn$180 vs Cdn$202, so about a $20 savings. I guess you have to decide whether it's worth the hassle for the savings.
Pierre
VLC Ambassador to TLG & VLC Director

My avatar is Ninjago's Pythor P Chumsworth. YAY! I finally have him! Thank you.
DeGobbi
Brick Deity

Post by DeGobbi »

or go down for brick con , get 25% off for going to the con and stay down for more then 24 hours then you can bring up to 400 bucks worth of stuff with out paying and tax
VLC Loud mouth
Dave De Gobbi
Gumby
Master Poster

Post by Gumby »

Brickhead wrote:or go down for brick con , get 25% off for going to the con and stay down for more then 24 hours then you can bring up to 400 bucks worth of stuff with out paying and tax
Assuming it's in stock at that time, right?

Keep in mind, I've read that this $30 off is only valid Sep 4-16. After that it goes back to regular price (although 25% off is more than $30).
-Bryan
Andrew
Brick Overlord

Post by Andrew »

At brick fest I got a scratch and dent green grocer for 30% off us price,60% off a vw bug,and 50% off town plan in us savings and no tax .sweet deal,and the canada customs didnt charge

Andrew woo
Lego trains are just the best!
Brickbaron
Master Poster

Post by Brickbaron »

Hey guys.
I made the mistake of checking out the PAB selection at Lego.com last night. I'm not sure if they just updated it, or if these awesome parts have been there for a while, but they have the new 2X2 windows in white and black. As well, they have the new 2X3 windows in white for a pretty reasonable price. These are the same ones that are in the new Fire Brigade. And the black ones would be awesome for trains! Still have free shipping for orders over $75.

Paul
AC
Brick God

Post by AC »

They have been there for a while now. If they don't have them on a pick-a-brick wall while I'm in the States I will have to place an order. :) Anyone see the pirate on the Lego main page, so cool. :)