For sale: Lego storage containers - Pending pick. Will del.

Buy, Sell or Trade anything LEGO® related. (Note: due to the accountability of this forum this area requires you to be registered to post.)

Moderator: VLC Directors

TheRebricker
Master Poster

For sale: Lego storage containers - Pending pick. Will del.

Post by TheRebricker »

My collection has outgrown my storage solution so I am levelling up! I'm selling off 10 of my storage containers They are in NEW condition and have ONLY ever been used to store Lego. Multiple containers can also be locked together for simple transport. The clear kids make it simple to find what is in each container.

You can't buy these under $10 each in Canada and then there is tax on top of that.

I have 12 for sale at $10 each. All dividers included.

Lego NOT included.

Send me a PM if you are interested.
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Last edited by TheRebricker on Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Jason
Hamslice
Element King

Re: For sale: Lego storage containers

Post by Hamslice »

Jason I would save a few for small parts and such. A bunch of us use them for techiNC pins and other technic parts.
TheRebricker
Master Poster

Post by TheRebricker »

Hamslice wrote:Jason I would save a few for small parts and such. A bunch of us use them for techiNC pins and other technic parts.
I'm not selling all of the ones I have. These are my surplus. :)
- Jason
Hamslice
Element King

Post by Hamslice »

Gotcha.
timtosino
Element King

Post by timtosino »

TheRebricker wrote:My collection has outgrown my storage solution
Yup everyone saw that one coming rotflol
-Tim Tosino
Lugnet #606
ILTCO #101
http://www.flickr.com/photos/tim_tosino/
Bricksky
Brick Overlord

Post by Bricksky »

TheRebricker wrote:My collection has outgrown my storage solution so I am levelling up!...
While I could always use more of those (very tempted), I'm going to make do with the 30+ I already have... rotflol

I am actually quite a bit more interested in what you mean by "LEVELLING UP!"?
chump
Element God

Post by chump »

By "levelling up", I believe he means that his arm muscles are atrophying and that he needs heavier weights. You should not be able to deadlift your LEGO collection.
Pierre
VLC Ambassador to TLG & VLC Director

My avatar is Ninjago's Pythor P Chumsworth. YAY! I finally have him! Thank you.
Diana
Master Poster

Post by Diana »

TheRebricker wrote:My collection has outgrown my storage solution
Positive side effects of joining the VLC. :lol:
JayKay
Master Poster

Post by JayKay »

Are you upgrading to the larger Stanley boxes?
TheRebricker
Master Poster

Post by TheRebricker »

Bricksky wrote:I am actually quite a bit more interested in what you mean by "LEVELLING UP!"?
I have moved to a short filing cabinet drawer system that Ikea carries. They have the flat drawers that are wide, but I went with the narrower version. 2 smaller drawers on top and 3 larger on the bottom, a few of these, and one with 3 smaller drawers on top and a hanging file folder drawer on the bottom, I was planning on putting instructions and base plates in there.

I initially started by broad sorting into the drawers, but found it inconvenient when building to have to go to each drawer for parts and dig around. So after a long and extensive search, I found beautiful square plastic inserts of various sizes for the drawers. They are currently in 4 sizes with a 5th size possibly on order. The smallest is about 2"x2" square for small parts or small quantities (red) then there is yellow (1x2 red boxes in size) then blue (2x2 red boxes) then green (3x2 red boxes) so the drawers always look great. I can then pull out the cups I need for a build, or easily pour parts from a smaller cup into a larger one should I need the space, rearrange drawers etc. It's much like the method TLG uses when they show their build rooms. The last size I am trying to order is grey (4x2 red boxes) Already I have noticed a large improvement in sorting speed as well as access to parts I need when building with lots or room for growth and easy maintenance. Once I have the rest of it done, I'll post pictures. Oh and each drawer in the cabinets can hold 5 red boxes by 9 red boxes or any configuration of the other boxes that meet the overall 5x9 size. There is also a little over an inch of space on the side in the drawer once filled for long or awkward parts.

I am keeping some of my containers (I'm not selling all of them) to handle overflow of parts I have an excessive amount of.
- Jason
Bricksky
Brick Overlord

Post by Bricksky »

TheRebricker wrote:So after a long and extensive search,I found beautiful square plastic inserts of various sizes for the drawers. They are currently in 4 sizes with a 5th size possibly on order. The smallest is about 2"x2" square for small parts or small quantities (red) then there is yellow (1x2 red boxes in size) then blue (2x2 red boxes) then green (3x2 red boxes) so the drawers always look great...
Where do you get those beautiful square plastic inserts?

I have three of the IKEA DRAWER SYSTEMS filled with Lego (in addition to my storage containers). I use various plastic containers within them to store parts (see image below), but use no specific type, just whatever I can find that fits (mostly from London Drugs).

-Tyler