2004 Castle!!!!

A place for people at large to discuss items of interest with other people and members of the VLC.

Moderator: VLC Directors

timtosino
Element King

2004 Castle!!!!

Post by timtosino »

Gumby
Master Poster

Post by Gumby »

They're a bit too goofy / colourful for me. I won't be buying very many of these... I'll just stick to the S@H exclusives instead (which I already have multiple copies of).
TFM
Element King

Post by TFM »

Here's the LUGNET thread on these new castle stuff...

http://news.lugnet.com/castle/?n=18829
8) TFM -- ABS addiction is a terrible thing... to waste.
Robin
Master Poster

Post by Robin »

They're about what I expected (although I'd hoped for better). They're not as good as the HP line, unfortunately. Some nice stuff, however. Brown burps in both sizes, new heraldry (flags, pennants, shields, barding, etc.), blue, red, light blue, green, and violet armour (??), cool window walls, and did I mention brown burps?

Anyway, I'll be getting a few of these for sure, especially the small sets like 8777 and 8778. 8780's OK as well.

Robin
TFM
Element King

Post by TFM »

Robin wrote:They're about what I expected (although I'd hoped for better). They're not as good as the HP line, unfortunately. Some nice stuff, however. Brown burps in both sizes, new heraldry (flags, pennants, shields, barding, etc.), blue, red, light blue, green, and violet armour (??), cool window walls, and did I mention brown burps?

Anyway, I'll be getting a few of these for sure, especially the small sets like 8777 and 8778. 8780's OK as well.

Robin
Remember:... New Grays, new Brown... So all that new cool stuff will stick out of place with your classic stuff. :oops:
8) TFM -- ABS addiction is a terrible thing... to waste.
Robin
Master Poster

Post by Robin »

TFM wrote:Remember:... New Grays, new Brown... So all that new cool stuff will stick out of place with your classic stuff. :oops:
Ya, but we've moaned about that enough, so I'm moving on ...

(course, I haven't actually seen the new stuff yet ...)
Gumby
Master Poster

Post by Gumby »

Robin wrote:(course, I haven't actually seen the new stuff yet ...)
I saw a few of the new creator sets on shelves, and even on the pictures on the box, I can see that the new light grey looks like something between white and old light grey. And the brown looks different.

The general public probably won't catch on till later, but to the trained eye (which I'm sure you have, Robin) it will stick out! :?

-Bryan