Information needed, help please

A place for people at large to discuss items of interest with other people and members of the VLC.

Moderator: VLC Directors

tl1-1

Information needed, help please

Post by tl1-1 »

Hi Every-one,

I'm new here but I have a question. Can any-one tell me if there is anywhere in the GVRD (Vancouver area) that sells Lego train sets? I know I can go online to buy them, but I would like to be able actually see the sets before buy anything, at least for the first couple of sets. Hopefully I can find some sort of starter set that has a controller, steam engines with it and that is easy to add to. Thank-you for any help you guys can pass my way.
TFM
Element King

Re: Information needed, help please

Post by TFM »

tl1-1 wrote:Hi Every-one,

I'm new here but I have a question. Can any-one tell me if there is anywhere in the GVRD (Vancouver area) that sells LEGO® train sets? I know I can go online to buy them, but I would like to be able actually see the sets before buy anything, at least for the first couple of sets. Hopefully I can find some sort of starter set that has a controller, steam engines with it and that is easy to add to. Thank-you for any help you guys can pass my way.
Hello Tom!

Toys R US is a great place to find the new trains!

They had a sale (I think you just missed it) with 50% off some trains.

4512 Cargo Train
4511 High Speed Train

They should still be at TRU.

Also still kicking around at TRU is the 4561 Railway Express but for some reason it's priced at $189 and is a rip off at that price.

All three of the above sets come with everything you need.

Hope that helps.

While your at it why don't you join our club and come to our events? :lol:
8) TFM -- ABS addiction is a terrible thing... to waste.
tl1-1

Post by tl1-1 »

Thank-you for letting me know that Toys R Us carries the Lego trains. Now the next question, which Toys R Us have you seen them at? I,ve checked at the Surrey, Langley, etc., all the ones out this way and they don't stock them. They didn't even know that Lego made trains. As for joining the club, I do plan on it, but it won't be until the new year. Thank-you for the invitation. :P
Robin
Master Poster

Post by Robin »

Hi Tom,

As you've discovered, few stores carry any Lego trains at all, and none carry any accessories (track, extra cars, etc.).

Unfortunately, your only option is to go online with Lego Shop at Home. They are very reliable and very quick. We club members order stuff all the time.

As far as seeing some of the sets available, in person, your best bet is to attend one of our monthly club meetings. I'm sure that a member or two would be happy to bring and show you what some of these sets look like "in the brick" as we say. Between us, we have every single set available, I'm sure.

Hope to see you,

Robin
TFM
Element King

Post by TFM »

I've seen the trains at the Metrotown TRU as well as the one near Loeheed mall. Check your yellow pages.

Oh, Kids Wonderland has trains too. (I bought my first 4512 there)
Kids Wonderland is in Loeheed mall, Metrotown and Richmond.
Check the yellow pages.
8) TFM -- ABS addiction is a terrible thing... to waste.