Train Track in the Lower mainland

A place for people at large to discuss items of interest with other people and members of the VLC.

Moderator: VLC Directors

Swampo

Train Track in the Lower mainland

Post by Swampo »

My son got a train for Xmas and is now keen to get more track - I know I can get more from the on-line lego store but can anyone point me to a local source for these ?

TIA
TFM
Element King

Re: Train Track in the Lower mainland

Post by TFM »

Swampo wrote:My son got a train for Xmas and is now keen to get more track - I know I can get more from the on-line LEGO® store but can anyone point me to a local source for these ?

TIA
I believe the only place you can get track from is shop at home or a fan (one of us).

What train set did your son get?
8) TFM -- ABS addiction is a terrible thing... to waste.
Swampo

Train Track

Post by Swampo »

Can't give you the model number but it's the White / green electric high-speed train. he still loves it but has already informed us that he wants the harry Potter train for his birthday. - He's really a steam train fan and we both enjoyed all the VLC's layouts at local train shows.

Thanks for the reply.
TFM
Element King

Re: Train Track

Post by TFM »

Swampo wrote:Can't give you the model number but it's the White / green electric high-speed train. he still loves it but has already informed us that he wants the harry Potter train for his birthday. - He's really a steam train fan and we both enjoyed all the VLC's layouts at local train shows.

Thanks for the reply.
Costco has/had a HP train with all the track and controllers for around $120. My mom gave me that set for my birthday.

If you need curve track I can sell you some. You'll find that most of us train guys have way, way to much curve track...

Straight track is always in short supply. :wink: :p

Also if you ever go down to the US, in washinton there is the LEGO store. There you can buy track and add-on sets gallore...

The only other option is shop@home I'm afraid... :?
J1A3L5
MOC Poster

Post by J1A3L5 »

TFM wrote:Costco has/had a HP train with all the track and controllers for around $120.
Hi! In Victoria at Costco I got the HP train set, with a pack of straight and a pack of curved track for $99, Canadian.

-John "J1A3L5" Langrish.
TFM
Element King

Post by TFM »

J1A3L5 wrote:
TFM wrote:Costco has/had a HP train with all the track and controllers for around $120.
Hi! In Victoria at Costco I got the HP train set, with a pack of straight and a pack of curved track for $99, Canadian.

-John "J1A3L5" Langrish.
Mine was a gift so I don't know the price. heh heh
Swampo

Thanks & Legolandinto

Post by Swampo »

Thanks for the replies. We're planning on incorporating a visit to Legoland into our Summer vacation. I assume I'll be able to buy track (and any other Lego that takes our fancy) down there. Can anyone comment on this - will this all be available at Legoland?

Also I'd be interested in anyone else's opinions / experiences of visiting Legoland with a 5 year old - how long should we plan on being there? Where's the best places to stay ?

TIA
timtosino
Element King

Post by timtosino »

Yes there will be track there, and hopefuly it'll be in orginal gray. When I was down there I saw everything on the S@H catalogue. I wouldn't reccomend staying in the hotels around Legoland (Carlsbad) because the hotels have horendous prices. I'd say leave at least half a day. When I was there last Christmas they opened opened at 10 AM and I could only stay till 3 and I'd say I missed 1/3rd of the park.
-Tim Tosino
Lugnet #606
ILTCO #101
http://www.flickr.com/photos/tim_tosino/