Lego Inventory/Spreadsheets

A place for people at large to discuss items of interest with other people and members of the VLC.

Moderator: AC

KenmoreThompson
General Poster

Lego Inventory/Spreadsheets

Postby KenmoreThompson » Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:13 pm

I remember at BrickCan showing up to the collaborative build session and there was some brief discussion about inventory tracking and whatnot. Does anyone use Excel for this? (I think that's what was said in the session) Does anyone use a different inventory system that works better? If someone does use Excel, could I possibly get a copy of your template? Or maybe just a screen-grab that I can reverse-engineer?

I'm 40% done planning my first large build (a SHIP-sized Auquanaut submarine) and I'm thinking it might be useful to toss everything into a spreadsheet to keep track of my ordering, and keep costs reasonable.
chump
Element God

Re: Lego Inventory/Spreadsheets

Postby chump » Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:45 pm

I used to use a basic spreadsheet but almost all of that can be done on Brickset and then imported into Rebrickable. At least that's how I've done it.
Pierre
VLC Vice President & VLC Ambassador to TLG

My avatar is Ninjago's Pythor P Chumsworth. YAY! I finally have him! Thank you.
Hamslice
Director at Large

Postby Hamslice » Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:53 am

Allan and I were the ones who gave that presentation.

We mainly use google doc, as it can be easliy shared with others. If your just trying to mantain parts ordered and parts needed to be ordered, Bricklink has a "want list". Add your parts to it, you can specify color quanity and price you want to pay. Hit the order button and it will scrub all stores to find you the best prices and the stores that have the most inventory of what you need to cut down on shipping costs.

Hope this helps

Keith
Kyler
Membership Director

Postby Kyler » Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:02 pm

Jason and Sarah are the King and Queen of inventory, and they use Rebricable I believe.
Kyler Storm
VLC Membership Director
KenmoreThompson
General Poster

Postby KenmoreThompson » Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:58 am

Thanks, guys. I'll look into using Google Docs, I think. I've been using Bricklink's Want List, but I don't find it terribly useful as an inventory management, as much as an ordering management tool. I'll have a look at Rebrickable, too.

Return to “General Discussions”