Brickfilm took 4-months full-time to shoot

A place for people at large to discuss items of interest with other people and members of the VLC.

Moderator: VLC Directors

kanethemaster
New Poster

Brickfilm took 4-months full-time to shoot

Post by kanethemaster »

Please let me know your thoughts (good or bad). Bank robbery, car chase, helicopter and explosion!

https://youtu.be/HHMdMHynYH4
JamesH
Master Poster

Re: Brickfilm took 4-months full-time to shoot

Post by JamesH »

Love the scenes near the end, the helicopter, pool hall, etc. The overall city shots are great.
chump
Element God

Post by chump »

Great camera angles. How many frames per second was that or did it vary throughout?
Pierre
VLC Ambassador to TLG & VLC Director

My avatar is Ninjago's Pythor P Chumsworth. YAY! I finally have him! Thank you.
kanethemaster
New Poster

Post by kanethemaster »

Great camera angles. How many frames per second was that or did it vary throughout? Answer: Yes, it varies from 15-30 frames. On occasion as low as 5 fps, but one shot was over 75fps (zooming into the bank exterior shot). Thanks for the feedback.

Added in 35 seconds:
chump wrote:Great camera angles. How many frames per second was that or did it vary throughout?
Yes, it varies from 15-30 frames. On occasion as low as 5 fps, but one shot was over 75fps (zooming into the bank exterior shot). Thanks for the feedback.

Added in 33 seconds:
chump wrote:Great camera angles. How many frames per second was that or did it vary throughout?
Yes, it varies from 15-30 frames. On occasion as low as 5 fps, but one shot was over 75fps (zooming into the bank exterior shot). Thanks for the feedback.
Lettuce
Brick Overlord

Post by Lettuce »

Pretty well done. My only feedback has to do with the minifig heads/faces. There are some heads that have different facial expressions, and swapping them out in different frames could make it look like the figs are emoting/talking etc. Just food for thought.
Rhymes with Lettuce
kanethemaster
New Poster

Post by kanethemaster »

Lettuce wrote:Pretty well done. My only feedback has to do with the minifig heads/faces. There are some heads that have different facial expressions, and swapping them out in different frames could make it look like the figs are emoting/talking etc. Just food for thought.
Thank you, yes I agree, this is a must for the next one... Thanks a lot - your feedback is much appreciated.

Added in 2 minutes 1 second:
Just to add to my earlier comments about frames per second. I use 2 different types of software: Ikit Movie 4 for filming each scene; I then use Corel Video Pro 9 for the final editing. Each allows one to manipulate the speed, so even though I film with a certain fps, that can change once I edit the speed during editing...