LEGO Life app launch

A place for people at large to discuss items of interest with other people and members of the VLC.

Moderator: VLC Directors

chump
Element God

LEGO Life app launch

Post by chump »

I know this doesn't apply to many of you, but if you've got kids who are still into LEGO or you just want to putter around and give feedback, please do so here and I will forward it off to Kevin Hinkle to share with the LEGO Life Team. Just keep in mind the target demographic.

------------------

On behalf of the LEGO Life team I’m excited to share the news that the LEGO® Life app launches today, January 31st. LEGO Life is a safe, social network for children under the age of 13.

The experience launches today in the U.S., U.K., Canada, France, Germany, Denmark, Austria and Switzerland, with additional markets launching in 2017 and 2018. Please find press release and FAQ attached this topic.

It would mean a lot to us if you would share the news and encourage all parents in RLUGs to download the app and for their children to try it out. Download via this link to let the LEGO Life team know that this lead is from the awesome RLUG/RLFM community: https://c00.adobe.com/v3/1850813cf55379 ... 3c56d8cc7f

FAQ
===

Q: What is LEGO® Life?
A: LEGO® Life is a safe and inspirational social network custom-built for LEGO® kids.

Q: Which OS is LEGO® Life available for?
A: The app is designed for iOS and Android.

Q - Can people download a version of the app on windows computers?
A - There is no PC version of the app and a windows mobile OS version will not be released.

Q: Are the iOS and Android versions of the app the same?
A: Yes, despite the different version numbers of iOS and Android, at any point in time, the available apps in the Apple App Store and Google Play Store include the same features.

Q: When will LEGO® Life come out of beta?
A: We’re excited to see how kids interact with LEGO® Life during the beta and will be updating the experience based on the feedback we receive. We expect to launch LEGO® Life in additional territories in 2017 and 2018.

Q: Will the LEGO® Life app be available in other languages?
A: Yes, the LEGO® Life app will be available in additional languages in 2017 – and even more during 2018.
Q: Do I have to pay to use the LEGO® Life app?
A: No, the LEGO® Life app is 100% free

Q: Does the LEGO® Life app have any third party advertisement or in-app purchases?
A: No, the LEGO® Life app does not have any third party advertisement nor in-app purchases

Q: Where can I learn more about LEGO® Life?
A: Additional information is available online at www.LEGO.com/life

Q - Will there be a block for adults to go on the app and will there be a limitation for older users?
A - We are not limiting anything age-wise, if you have a LEGO ID you can use the app. We are promoting that the app is for children younger than 13 but we will not yet put limitations of any kind. We are thinking about identifying the adult users from the younger users.

Q – As an AFOL will content be restricted to me
A – We are not actively stopping AFOLs from joining the experience BUT we are making it clear that the app experience is aimed at kids. We do however want to make sure we have all the save guards in place. We are currently looking at where best to include AFOLs and TFOLs

Q - Will the app have a connection to shop and the CS website?
A - There is a project to have a LEGO shop app so there is no point starting this connection now but it will likely happen in the future. For CS we will still use the normal channels to refer to CS but it might be made easier in the future

Response to all other business questions
We’re very excited for LEGO® Life to be available in beta for our fans in the UK, and we’ll have more information about our plans for LEGO® Life soon.

General Support Questions
Q: The LEGO® LIFE app does not start
A: This may be due to any of the following:
The LEGO® LIFE app has not been properly downloaded - if that is the case, please uninstall and install again
You are not able to access the internet - please verify your internet connection and try again
The LEGO® LIFE app may have crashed - please close and re-open
You are on an unsupported device or it does not match specifications.

Q: What are the minimum requirements for Apple devices?
A: The LEGO® LIFE app will work on the following Apple devices:
iOS version 8.0 or higher
iPhone 4S or newer
iPad2 or newer
512 MB of RAM
Touchscreen
Open GL ES 2.0 Support

Q: What are the minimum requirements for Android devices?
A: The LEGO® LIFE app will work on the following Android devices:
Android version 4.1.0 or higher (API Level: 16 aka Jelly Bean)
1024 MB of RAM
Touchscreen
Normal screen, HDPI or higher (Minimum 480x800, 240dpi)
Open GL ES 2.0 Support

Q: Can I use the LEGO® LIFE app without internet connection?
A: No, you need an internet connection in order to be able to enjoy the LEGO® LIFE app experience.

Q: The LEGO® LIFE app sound is too loud… what can I do?
A: You should adjust the volume on your device. Alternatively, go to your profile, access settings and turn off the music. To access your profile, tap on the minifigure head and then, to edit settings, tap on the icon on the top right hand corner. (Please refer to # 23)

Q: I do not hear any sound in the LEGO® LIFE app
A: Try the following:
Go to your profile (minifigure head) and tap on the icon on the top right hand corner to edit settings. Then select Audio ON.
If the audio is already ON, check that the Side Switch (the one by the volume buttons) is not activated, or adjust the volume on your device.

Q: I cannot find the LEGO® LIFE app on the device
A: Use the search function on your device. If you are still unable to find it, it may have been uninstalled, so just go to the app Store and download the LEGO® LIFE app again.

Q: Will my progress be saved if I uninstall the LEGO® LIFE app?
A: Yes, if you have logged in with your LEGO ID, your activities will be saved to your profile, so you will be able to recover it whenever you install the LEGO® LIFE app in another device. However, you may not be able to access your locally saved albums.

Account / Login Questions

Q: Can I log on to the LEGO® LIFE app with the same user on different devices?
A: Yes, you can access your account from any device, and all changes made during the session will be saved to your profile as long as you are logged into your account.

Q: Can I use the LEGO® LIFE app without logging in with LEGO ID?
A: Yes, you may use the LEGO® LIFE app without logging in with LEGO ID and you will be able to browse through lots of cool LEGO content, see pictures from other LEGO fans and participate in challenges and quizzes. However, you will not be able to like and comment, save your favourite pictures, videos and apps, see the challenges you have signed up for and completed, create and customize your own avatar, share your creations with other LEGO fans around the world, get customized content on the things that you like and become friends with Batman, Master Wu or Olivia.

Q: Why do I need to sign in?
A: You need to sign in to get a personalized experience. You will be able to like and comment, save your favourite pictures, videos and apps, see the challenges you have signed up for and completed, create and customize your own avatar, share your creations with other LEGO fans around the world, get customized content on the things that you like and become friends with Batman, Master Wu or Olivia

Q - What is the difference between username and display name?
A - Username is the one you will use to login, you can customize this as much as you want. Display Name (or nickname) is the LEGO name that will appear on your comments, photos and also keep you safe! It consists of a randomly generated combination of three words: title, adjective and name, e.g. Mr. Fluffly Pants.

Q - If I don't like the display name I have been given randomly, will I be able to change it?
A - You can keep clicking until you are happy with the name. After that there is no way to change it yet

Q: How do I create a new account in the LEGO® LIFE app?
A: In the welcome screen, select Login. This will allow you to login if you have a user, or create a new user if you do not have one. You will also be able to login from the settings menu in your profile. To access your profile, tap on the minifigure head and then, to edit settings, tap on the icon on the top right hand corner.

Q: Can I modify my username after creating it?
A: No, you are not allowed to modify your username without creating a new account. This would imply losing all progress you have made so far.

Q: How do I remove my username from a device that is not mine?
A: You should sign off first, then select your username and press the X next to the user name

Q: How can I retrieve my password?
A: Once in the username screen, tap on the Forgot your password and provide your username. You will be able to reset your password.

Q: How can I retrieve my username?
A: Once in the username screen, tap on the Forgot your username and provide the email you used during registration.

*** NOTE – you can access other account FAQ here - https://account2.lego.com/en-gb/help/

Menu Options

Q: How do I access my profile?
A: To access your profile, tap on the minifigure head on the menu bar on the right side on tablet or in the bottom on phone.

Q: How can I access the app settings?
A: In order to access the app settings, you will need to go to your profile first. To do so, tap on the minifigure head on the menu bar on the right side on tablet or in the bottom on phone. Once there, you will find the settings in the top right corner, allowing you to login, log-out, activate/deactivate sounds and see the legal terms

Q: What is the bell icon on the menu bar?
A: The bell icon represents the notifications. By tapping on it you will be able to see the pictures, videos and apps that you have liked, know when someone has liked your posts and access the challenges you have signed up for and completed

Q: What is the "L" icon on the menu bar?
A: The "L" icon on the menu bar takes you to your personalized LEGO LIFE feed, where you will see lots of cool LEGO content, see pictures from other LEGO fans and available challenges. If you tap on it three times, it will automatically go to the top of the feed.

Q: How do I go back to the gallery/browser after accessing one video/article?
A: You should press the "L" icon in the centre of the menu bar, and you can also use the back navigation arrow.

Content Questions

Q: How do I find content that I like?
A: In the first screen you will have your personalized LEGO LIFE feed, where you will find lots of cool LEGO content, pictures from other LEGO fans and available challenges. If you are looking for a particular theme (e.g. CITY or ELVES) or posts by a particular character (e.g. Master Wu from NINJAGO or Emma from Friends), tap on the search button on the top of the screen. You will then see a screen where you find LEGO characters and groups that you can click on and see related content. It is important to note that groups not only cover LEGO themes, but also common interests (e.g. vehicles, heroes, news...). You can also make sure to get the latest updates on the things you like by following your favourite LEGO® characters and themes.

Q: What are the small pictures under a video or picture?
A: These are called tags, and they allow you to find more things about that topic.

Q: How can I save my favourite pictures, stories, videos and products?
A: If you are logged in with your user, you can like them, and thereby add them to your favourites. You can see all your favourites by clicking the heart close to your avatar

Q: How do I make sure I always get the latest updates on the things I like?
A: To do that you need to follow the things that you like. For example, if you like CITY, you should access the CITY group (via search functionality) and then press the "+" sign that says follow. That way, you will find lots of cool CITY content in the main screen every time you log in the LEGO® LIFE app. You can also follow characters, like Master Wu, and be updated on everything they are doing, and also your friends, so that you can see their latest creations and comment on them.

Q: How do I know the groups or characters that I am following?
A: You can see them in your profile. To access your profile, tap on the minifigure head on the menu bar on the right side on tablet or in the bottom on phone. Once there, click on the picture frame with the two minifigure heads on the right side of your avatar.

Q - After you join and select what you are interested in, are you then able to change these preferences?
A - When signing up for the first time you are currently not asked for your interests, you will be automatically following the LEGO Life group. In order to add or remove interests you will just need to follow or unfollow groups.

Q - Will users be able to create their own groups or will they all be created by LEGO?
A - For all of 2017 they will all be created by LEGO also by actively monitoring the interest in specific topics and creating new ones. The plan is to allow users to also create groups but this will have to involve heavy moderation so it is going to only happen in the future.

Q: How do I create an avatar?
A: If you do not have an avatar yet, you can easily create one. Just go to your profile and tap on the pencil icon on the top right side of the avatar. This will open the gallery of avatars, where you will have 10 avatars to choose from and be able to edit them or create one of your own. If you want to create one from scratch, you will first need to select if you want to have a minidoll or minifigure. To do so, tap on the plus "+" sign on either one of the silhouettes under the gallery and a new avatar will be created.

Q: How do I modify my avatar?
A: To modify your avatar, just go to your profile and tap on the pencil icon on the top right side of the avatar. You can also tap on the avatar silhouette to access it.

Q: What can I modify in my avatar?
A: There are various things that you can modify in your avatar to make it special and unique. You will be able to choose a face, torso and legs, but also put accessories in their hands and more. Just select the one you want to modify, and browse through the options until you find the one that you like most.

Q: How many different avatars can I have?
A: You will be able to save a maximum of 20 avatars for you to use. Remember that you can always edit them and make them even cooler.

Q: Can I delete an avatar I have created?
A: Yes, you will be able to delete all the new ones you have created, but will not be able to delete the original 10 avatars that you find the first time you access. Remember that you can always edit them and make them even cooler.

Q: I already have an avatar in the LEGO® LIFE Meet-Us app. Can I keep it?
A: Yes, you will see your avatar when you access your profile.

UGC Questions

Q: What can I upload as a user?
A: As a user you can upload pictures of your creations. You currently cannot upload any other media type.

Q: Can I import pictures from other apps?
A: Yes, you will be able to import any pictures you have saved on your phone or tablet.

Q - Is the image also saved on the device when you take a picture for a challenge?
A – Pictures taken with the camera functionality of the app are not saved to your device. If you want to keep the picture of your cool creation, you can, however, take a picture with your phone and then use that picture from your gallery.

Q - Are you able to upload pictures from your gallery into a challenge and are you able to save a picture you are about to submit for a challenge on your phone before uploading it?
A - You will be able to upload pictures from your gallery in a competition but in order to save pictures you have taken in a challenge on your phone, you will have to save it first to your gallery and then upload it from there.

Q: When I upload a picture, is it published immediately?
A: No, the pictures you upload will be moderated, so please expect a couple hours before they can be visible in the public gallery.

Q: How can I share my content with other users?
A: The LEGO® LIFE app is the place to share your content with other users and be inspired. You can share content directly in a group (e.g. your latest LEGO® Friends or LEGO® City sets) or through the participation in challenges.

Q: Do I need to share the pictures from the challenges I take?
A: No, you can keep them to yourself if you don't want to share them… but an amazing piece of art may be missing if you don't… don't be shy, and show the LEGO® LIFE world your cool creations

Q: Why cannot the LEGO® LIFE app take a picture?
A: This may be because you did not give the LEGO® LIFE app access to the camera when you first downloaded it. You can change this by going to Settings Privacy Camera on your device.

Q: Can I save albums or pictures I modified in LEGO Life, to My Photos on my device?
A: No, the pictures that you edit (e.g. with stickers) using the LEGO® LIFE app will initially be stored in the app locally in your device. You can also choose to share them with the rest of LEGO® fans, and that way you will be able to access them from any other device.

Q: Can I modify or delete my uploaded albums?
A: No, once you have uploaded albums, you will not be able to delete them from the App, but you will always have the possibility of uploading a new album with your latest creation.

Q: My album was rejected, how can I make changes and upload it again?
A: You will receive a message from the moderator indicating what was not appropriate in the album you submitted (e.g. you are not allowed to share pictures of real people nor rude or violent content). You can then take a new picture, decorate it again and send it again for review.

Q: Can I comment on pictures, videos, apps or products?
A: Yes, once you have accessed the individual item and are logged in with LEGO ID, you should be able to insert a comment. This comment will be moderated, you will not see it posted immediately.

Q: Are my comments public?
A: Yes, when a moderator has approved them, everyone can see them

Q: What should I do if I see something inappropriate/how do I report an inappropriate post?
A: If you see something inappropriate in the app, you can report it to moderation by tapping on the flag icon on the top right of the picture. You will be able to include a comment describing the reason why you consider it inappropriate.
Pierre
VLC Ambassador to TLG & VLC Director

My avatar is Ninjago's Pythor P Chumsworth. YAY! I finally have him! Thank you.