The New Guy

A place for people at large to discuss items of interest with other people and members of the VLC.

Moderator: VLC Directors

Crisco Grits
New Poster

The New Guy

Post by Crisco Grits »

Hi all!

My name is Chris I am new to the VLC forum. I thought I would introduce myself. I am a fairly new AFOL. I fell in love with LEGO again after my wife started collecting Harry Potter LEGO and let me build it all... However my addiction came in the form of the LEGO Architecture Studio Set. With many visits to the the Wall Of Bricks, Pick A Brick, Brick Link and occasionally Ebay, it has become apparent to be that I am officially hooked on pieces of white LEGO. So if you have any that you would like to let go?.... I am in a few Facebook Lego groups but when I found VLC I became very excited. Now don't think for a moment that I am being snobby and only like LEGO Architecture Studio. I appreciate LEGO in all it wonderful glory and daily am learning new techniques and am always egar to learn more. Anyway, that's enough about me. I'm looking forward to chatting with you all.

Ps I have attached a few pic of my most recent MOCs to share.

Thanks
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Crisco Grits
TheRebricker
Master Poster

Re: The New Guy

Post by TheRebricker »

Wow! Great builds Crisco! And great photography! Welcome to the forums. We all have various build methods, favourite styles and passions! Glad to see you have found yours but are also open to new techniques as well! We always look forward to meeting new AFOLs and with the craziness of summer hope to have our next public meeting in September.

Please keep posting your MOCs and ask questions or share your findings here. Looking for build ideas? Ask us, we have many creative and sometimes wacky ideas to pitch :)
- Jason
Crisco Grits
New Poster

Post by Crisco Grits »

Thanks so much. That really means a lot. I will keep checking in for when the next meeting is and I'm looking forward to attending. As for ideas I'm always searching and would love any suggestions, right now I'm trying to build the Museum Of Anthropology at UBC but I have pulled it apart a half dozen times because I'm just not happy with its accuracy, so a fresh idea would be appreciated. Where do I go to get one??

Thanks for your Kindness!

Chris.
Crisco Grits
chump
Element God

Post by chump »

Welcome. Diana our membership director greeted you in another thread, so you're probably on her radar to invite you out to whenever our next meeting is.
Pierre
VLC Ambassador to TLG & VLC Director

My avatar is Ninjago's Pythor P Chumsworth. YAY! I finally have him! Thank you.