Who's keeping count any more.... Brothers Brick: BrickBaron +1

A place for people at large to discuss items of interest with other people and members of the VLC.

Moderator: VLC Directors

chump
Element God

Who's keeping count any more.... Brothers Brick: BrickBaron +1

Post by chump »

As the title says, who's keeping up the score board any more anyways. We've got many awesome builders in the VLC but two who get blogged more often than the rest. It's not a competition as your styles and output are completely different, but we're happy for when any of you make it on to the front page of the Brothers Brick.

So congratulations to BrickBaron, until BrickSky comes up with his next one, which will probably be very soon.

http://www.brothers-brick.com/2016/07/0 ... ook-cover/

Added in 11 minutes 8 seconds:
I know this topic header isn't the best for it, but the photos you've got on Flickr are superb, as is the video. The detailing on this one is really well done. And while I'm sure it's more complicated than it looks, the moderate amount of motion added breathes an interesting life to the page, so to speak. How is the helicopter suspended?
Pierre
VLC Ambassador to TLG & VLC Director

My avatar is Ninjago's Pythor P Chumsworth. YAY! I finally have him! Thank you.
Hamslice
Element King

Re: Who's keeping count any more.... Brothers Brick: BrickBaron +1

Post by Hamslice »

Paul your my hero. ;)
Brickbaron
Master Poster

Post by Brickbaron »

Thanks Pierre!

The secret is that both Tyler and I strategically placed the work "Brick" in our user names. Using words related to food such as "Ham" and "Lettuce" may not be as attractive to the Lego bloggers. It really could be that simple :lol: Could also be my new Nikon camera. :twisted:

Having said that Hamslice is also my hero, and so is Lettuce. :shock:

The Helicopter uses magic to fly.
That magic is helped by a technic beam and a power functions motor with a counter weight in the back. These are attached to a cam that moves the beam attached to the helicopter up and down. See magic!

Paul
Bricksky
Brick Overlord

Post by Bricksky »

Brickbaron wrote:The secret is that both Tyler and I strategically placed the work "Brick" in our user names.
That was supposed to be a secret Paul!! :shock:

Now everyone is going to change their flickr names. Soon we'll have BrickHam and LettuceBrick, ChumpBricks, etc... and we'll have to go back to bribing the blog writers!
Lettuce
Brick Overlord

Post by Lettuce »

Way to go Paul! (Also way to go Pierre, Paul, and Tyler for making this thread hilarious).
I think I changed my twitter handle to @BrickLettuce, so maybe The Brothers Brick will retweet me.
Rhymes with Lettuce
chump
Element God

Post by chump »

Brickbaron wrote:Having said that Hamslice is also my hero, and so is Lettuce. :shock:
Suddenly, I'm very hungry. Must go make a sandwich.

Also changes Flickr handle to @BrickBrick
Pierre

TheRebricker
Master Poster

Post by TheRebricker »

Shouldn't these be getting posted on our front page to help local people and visitors see just how talented our members are?
- Jason
Kyler
Brick Deity

Post by Kyler »

TheRebricker wrote:Shouldn't these be getting posted on our front page to help local people and visitors see just how talented our members are?
Seems like a good idea.
If there's no reason not to then it just needs someone willing to put the time into posting it; someone who has the access necessary to do so. ;-)
Kyler Storm - (not the Gladiator)
chump
Element God

Post by chump »

TheRebricker wrote:Shouldn't these be getting posted on our front page to help local people and visitors see just how talented our members are?

Hence, the "Jason, what's my Wordpress login password text I sent earlier today." But yes, certainly having more people who are able and willing to do front page updates will certainly help. Thanks, Kyler.

That has always been my plan with the front page, as we don't post about new sets and stuff. It's about our members and our events and anything local to Vancouver. But remembering my password is a big step to me actually doing it. :)
Pierre

TheRebricker
Master Poster

Post by TheRebricker »

Also, I updated the Flickr display on our front page. Now it pulls 10 random photos from the Vancouver Lego Club flickr group. If you add photos to that group, as always, make sure they are the best 1 or 2 photos of your MOC. It could also become a nice way to add a little traffic to your flickr account.
- Jason
Bricksky
Brick Overlord

Post by Bricksky »

TheRebricker wrote:Also, I updated the Flickr display on our front page. Now it pulls 10 random photos from the Vancouver Lego Club flickr group. If you add photos to that group, as always, make sure they are the best 1 or 2 photos of your MOC. It could also become a nice way to add a little traffic to your flickr account.
I like that Flickr Feed! We just additional MOC content from more of our members.
;)