FriendsBrick Review of 41127 - Amusement Park Arcade

A place for people at large to discuss items of interest with other people and members of the VLC.

Moderator: VLC Directors

Bricksky
Brick Overlord

FriendsBrick Review of 41127 - Amusement Park Arcade

Post by Bricksky »

SET 41127 Amusement Park Arcade
Available: August 1

I have joined up with FriendsBricks to occasionally review new Friends sets and post my reviews on the Heartlake Times website.

Here is a link to my first official review:
http://heartlaketimes.blogspot.ca/2016/ ... rcade.html

-Tyler
;)

ps. I'd love to hear your feedback on it...
Kyler
Brick Deity

Re: FriendsBrick Review of 41127 - Amusement Park Arcade

Post by Kyler »

Cool!
They certainly chose someone whose very familiar with the Friends line. ;-)
I haven't read the review yet, but being a reviewer means getting early access on sets doesn't it? :)
Kyler Storm - (not the Gladiator)
Bricksky
Brick Overlord

Post by Bricksky »

Kyler wrote:...being a reviewer means getting early access on sets doesn't it? :)
Yes. It's a cool way to get early access to some interesting sets... ;P

I received 41127 Amusement Park Arcade, and 41133 Bumper Cars about a week ago direct from Billund. They won't even be in the Lego stores until August 1st.

Both set have been built and photographed, review for 41127 has been published. I am writing the other one over the next week.

The Blog Organizer at FriendsBricks (Susan) asked me if I'd like to help out with some reviews, as she had seen many of my Friends MOC's and knows I have a keen interest in the theme. In fact many of my MOC's have been posted to her web page over the past few years.

-Tyler
JamesH
Master Poster

Post by JamesH »

Great review Tyler. I love that style (3rd person?) of writing for reviews. If you're looking for suggestions, one thing you could consider adding for future reviews is have some 'bonus' shots with the set including other parts/characters/mocs, etc. eg. Just for fun you could have had Mia visit the amusement park in a bird mech :) ... or maybe given an example of how it could be incorporated with your rides to build a more complete amusement park?
Bricksky
Brick Overlord

Post by Bricksky »

JamesH wrote:Great review Tyler. I love that style (3rd person?) of writing for reviews. If you're looking for suggestions, one thing you could consider adding for future reviews is have some 'bonus' shots with the set including other parts/characters/mocs, etc. eg. Just for fun you could have had Mia visit the amusement park in a bird mech :) ... or maybe given an example of how it could be incorporated with your rides to build a more complete amusement park?
Thanks for the feedback, I appreciate it. I like the idea of introducing some other characters and components at the end. Its a careful balancing act though, as the focus needs to be on the set being reviewed. But you got me thinking... I may change things up a little on my next review. ;P

-Tyler