2016 sets from Nuremberg

A place for people at large to discuss items of interest with other people and members of the VLC.

Moderator: VLC Directors

chump
Element God

2016 sets from Nuremberg

Post by chump »

Photos coming in via Brickset courtesty of zusammengebaut.com

A lot of really fabulous looking sets for 2016. I'm sure many of you Technic fans will be drooling over the Bucket excavator.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vulXB0TylBg

That Technic Porsche 911 looks sweet.

http://www.brothers-brick.com/2016/01/2 ... more-66659

Architecture has some really large buildings with Buckingham Palace and the US Capitol building.

http://brickset.com/article/18888/summe ... ure-images
Pierre
VLC Ambassador to TLG & VLC Director

My avatar is Ninjago's Pythor P Chumsworth. YAY! I finally have him! Thank you.
TheRebricker
Master Poster

Re: 2016 sets from Nuremberg

Post by TheRebricker »

chump wrote: A lot of really fabulous looking sets for 2016. I'm sure many of you Technic fans will be drooling over the Bucket excavator.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vulXB0TylBg
OH MAN!!!! Been thinking of building one of these, but this looks AWESOME! The "hailfire droid" type gear wheels will be a hit! Especially since they are quarter round and can be rebuilt into any amount of a circle in 1/4 increments! Use parts for those who may want to try and build a train car flipper/unloader! This may play well into the Materials Handling System we've been thinking of!
- Jason
Ptrotter
MOC Poster

Post by Ptrotter »

Why do they have to come out with this now? My pocket book will hurt this year.
I own a bit of Lego. A little obsessive by some peoples standards.
TheRebricker
Master Poster

Post by TheRebricker »

Ptrotter wrote:Why do they have to come out with this now? My pocket book will hurt this year.
MIght need 2 of these... one for the bucket wheel loader, and then a second for parts to make a train unloader! Which will filter back to the bucket wheel loader... a nice tight loop! Oh gosh.... what's happening.... I can't stop building these days....
- Jason
Lettuce
Brick Overlord

Post by Lettuce »

TheRebricker wrote:MIght need 2 of these... Oh gosh.... what's happening.... I can't stop building these days....
Side effect of joining a LUG.
Rhymes with Lettuce
Bricksky
Brick Overlord

Post by Bricksky »

Set 60134 - City Figs

Note the Wheelchair:

Note the Baby:

Found on photo steam of Lego721: https://www.flickr.com/photos/127341647@N04/
chump
Element God

Post by chump »

Where did you get those photos from? I suppose we'll be seeing lots more photos over the next day.

This set was in direct response to the request for more civilian sets and it's going to come at a large price tag. But if it sells well, we'll see more of them.

As for the baby, those are similar to the (failed) KreO Cityville figs which I had picked up a bunch of at Dollarama.

Pierre

timtosino
Element King

Post by timtosino »

New wheelchair as well!
-Tim Tosino
Lugnet #606
ILTCO #101
http://www.flickr.com/photos/tim_tosino/
TheRebricker
Master Poster

Post by TheRebricker »

While the Bucket Wheel Excavator has my undivided attention for this year, THIS: https://youtu.be/Pl0trfExCbg MUST GET BUILT OUT OF LEGO!!!

I think the new BWE will contribute parts nicely to something like this!
- Jason
Kyler
Brick Deity

Post by Kyler »

TheRebricker wrote:While the Bucket Wheel Excavator has my undivided attention for this year, THIS: https://youtu.be/Pl0trfExCbg MUST GET BUILT OUT OF LEGO!!!

I think the new BWE will contribute parts nicely to something like this!
wow AWESOME!!!
Kyler Storm - (not the Gladiator)
Hamslice
Element King

Post by Hamslice »

It doesn't look like lego.
Ptrotter
MOC Poster

Post by Ptrotter »

I'm in full agreement here. I just need the time and the money to make it happen. I am familiar with the technology and some manufacturers if anyone is feeling ambitious.

At the train show this year, we were discussing some potential material handling layout options that could work well for display.

Here in Vancouver we have a lot of material handling systems involving trains to ships. I have experience and some photos of the inside of some of these systems and have a familiarity with how they work as well as some mines.
I own a bit of Lego. A little obsessive by some peoples standards.
TheRebricker
Master Poster

Post by TheRebricker »

Hamslice wrote:It doesn't look like lego.
Not yet.... 8)
- Jason
TheRebricker
Master Poster

Post by TheRebricker »

Ptrotter wrote:I'm in full agreement here. I just need the time and the money to make it happen. I am familiar with the technology and some manufacturers if anyone is feeling ambitious.

At the train show this year, we were discussing some potential material handling layout options that could work well for display.

Here in Vancouver we have a lot of material handling systems involving trains to ships. I have experience and some photos of the inside of some of these systems and have a familiarity with how they work as well as some mines.
Are you thinking of re-themeing part of the trains layout? The back side water seawall becomes a shipping port and the part where i had my GBC running could make for a cool mine where we have a few train cars get loaded somewhere, come, get dumped, load a ship and it all cycles that way... I see potential for a cool MOC, but not exactly a MHS standard to work with just yet, more just moving small bricks or those 1x1 round bricks. )somethign that won't jam too easily)
- Jason
JayKay
Master Poster

Post by JayKay »

Swear jar money is being diverted to fund the excavator.
Lettuce
Brick Overlord

Post by Lettuce »

TheRebricker wrote:Are you thinking of re-themeing part of the trains layout? The back side water seawall becomes a shipping port and the part where i had my GBC running could make for a cool mine where we have a few train cars get loaded somewhere, come, get dumped, load a ship and it all cycles that way... I see potential for a cool MOC, but not exactly a MHS standard to work with just yet, more just moving small bricks or those 1x1 round bricks. )somethign that won't jam too easily)
To be honest, I think we could do a trains layout twice the size of what we did last year. A few of us have more buildings that we could contribute, and I'll have a few more built by then. Bigger city, seaport, countryside, GBC, Train Yard. I think we had 10 tables, but I bet we could fill 20.
Rhymes with Lettuce
chump
Element God

Post by chump »

Is it worth it to take it from 10 to 20 tables for a 2 day event? Probably not.

I think it might be best to plan this one with Britannia Mines for 2017 or 2018. Make sure that they have the budget and the secure space.
Pierre

AC
Brick God

Post by AC »

Logistics could be a challenge for some with Britania Mines. It would be a lot to set up and take down but if we had he turn out again it could be done. Having the number of base plates needed could be a challenge. I would not mind doing a raised town layout with a subway again.
Malfortune
General Poster

Post by Malfortune »

Speaking of the train layout, I'm going to pick up a couple sets of the ME R88 wide radius track if that's of any interest. It'd be power functions only though which is a bit of a drag (I have to convert my locomotives to PF still :/ ).
Allons-y!
TheRebricker
Master Poster

Post by TheRebricker »

The mainline for our trains layout is powered track, which you can run PF trains on and cuts down on the batteries required for PF trains although I think motors are getting hard to find so not sure how long we will be able to keep that up, but for PF, track is track, so no worries and sometimes it's handy to get different radii of track curves for working out special layout designs.
- Jason
AC
Brick God

Post by AC »

There are YouTube instructions on taking the inside workings of a PF motor and putting it into a 9v casing.