lego display at 7 oaks

A place for people at large to discuss items of interest with other people and members of the VLC.

Moderator: VLC Directors

karl
General Poster

lego display at 7 oaks

Post by karl »

so last week i was selected to build a model for castle fun park for their lego challenge to be displayed at the seven oaks shopping center in abbotsford to benifit the canucks childrens hospice so after a weekend of building it has been completed and will be there on display on the 26th and 27th
Attachments
image.jpg
Bricksky
Brick Overlord

Re: lego display at 7 oaks

Post by Bricksky »

What did you build? Please post an image of it for those of us who won't make it out to that area...
;)
karl
General Poster

Post by karl »

i built a dragon i sadly forgot to take a pic of the finished piece but i do hav a wip pic i will post some when i get a chance if im able to get out to abbotsford or if castle fun park post some to their facebook page
Attachments
image.jpg
karl
General Poster

Post by karl »

finished dragon
Attachments
image.jpeg
Brickbaron
Master Poster

Post by Brickbaron »

Way to go!
Looks great :lol:

Paul
chump
Element God

Post by chump »

I agree. I always thought it would be interesting to have a contest or competition where colour doesn't matter. I don't mean that in a disparaging thing way because I think it's a reality that a lot of people don't have the LEGO colour pallete of elements to make what they want and they allow that to limit them. That's what I like about your creations karl is that once you set aside the mish-mash of colours the shape and form is clearly what you intend it to be.
Pierre
VLC Ambassador to TLG & VLC Director

My avatar is Ninjago's Pythor P Chumsworth. YAY! I finally have him! Thank you.
karl
General Poster

Post by karl »

your right form is all thats really there and thats sll i really care about and even if i did care about the colour i would not have the bricks to make what i really want and i agree with you its nice when the colours are unified and or maticulously placed but sometimes the mish mash has its own beauty and charm like a jackson pollack. also i should mention it won the challenge :lol:
AC
Brick God

Post by AC »

Nice job.