70751 Temple of Airjitsu

A place for people at large to discuss items of interest with other people and members of the VLC.

Moderator: VLC Directors

chump
Element God

70751 Temple of Airjitsu

Post by chump »

So Ninjago is an evergreen line for LEGO now. I still think that their Fire Temple was the best of their structures and it's been on a bit of a decline since then, but then they release this. It's like a Medieval Village Market for Ninjago.

From Eurobricks: http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.p ... pic=111819
(more photos there)

70751 Temple of Airjitzu
Ages 14+. 2,028 pieces.
US $199.99 - CA $229.99 - DE 199.99€ - UK £169.99 - DK 1799.00 DKK
*Euro pricing varies by country. Please visit shop.LEGO.com for regional pricing.

Join the Ninja at the beautiful Temple of Airjitzu!

Enjoy the ultimate LEGO® NINJAGO™ building experience as you construct the majestic Temple of Airjitzu and surrounding village! The highly detailed Temple building has many delightful architectural features including Oriental–style decorated windows and sliding doors. The intricate wooden-frame-style walls of the nearby Blacksmiths and beautiful curved roofs of the Smugglers Market will also test your LEGO building skills. And with every Ninja included in one set for the first time, plus loads of other key characters, you can role-play all your favorite NINJAGO adventures. Take tea in the reception area of the Temple, practice your Ninja moves in the training room or join Wu in his study to read or paint. Discover the Ninja glider upstairs at the Blacksmith’s workshop, cross the bridge guarded by the stone dragons and seek out hidden treasure at the Smugglers’ Market. Then turn off the lights in your room to watch the Temple’s illuminated spinning shadow theater!

- Includes 12 minifigures with assorted weapons: Lloyd, Kai, Jay, Zane, Cole, Nya, Wu, Misako, Dareth, Postman, Jesper and Claire.
- Village features the Temple of Airjitzu, Blacksmith’s workshop and Smugglers’ Market connected by paths, steps and bridge with 2 stone-style dragons on either side, plus a statue of Sensei Yang and grass stalk elements.
- Temple of Airjitzu features transparent plastic windows with new Oriental-style decoration and sliding doors, reception area with a geometric floor carpet, table, teapot and bowl, shadow theater with a light brick and spinning elements, Ninja training room with weapon holders, 2 Ninja swords, Ninja bow and a practice target, Wu’s study with 3 books and art canvas elements, and an attic with storage box for Cole’s stuff.
- Blacksmith’s workshop features wooden-frame-style walls, opening door, sign with anvil and hammer image, realistic interior with anvil, hammer and other assorted tool elements, upper floor with Ninja glider relic with detachable spear elements, rat element in the attic, 2 trees outside with fallen leaves on the roof and grass stalk elements.
- Smugglers’ Market features curved Oriental-style roof, golden Oriental details, 2 hidden treasure chests filled with assorted golden weapon elements, sign with bread image, sign with fish image, plus assorted elements including: 2 Ninjago trading cards in a sack, barrel with 2 fish, 2 fishing rods, food and grass stalk elements.
- Lloyd, Kai, Jay, Zane, Cole and Nya minifigures all come in new black Ninja outfits.
- Misako, Dareth and Postman minifigures are new to LEGO® NINJAGO™ sets.
- New Wu minifigure outfit.
- Drink tea, train to be a Ninja and study with Wu at the Temple!
- Find the Ninja glider at the Blacksmith’s workshop.
- Seek hidden treasure chests at the Smugglers’ Market!
- Put on a show for your friends with the illuminated spinning shadow theater!
- Recreate your favorite scenes from the NINJAGO™: Masters of Spinjitzu TV show.
- Village measures over 16” (42cm) high, 20” (52cm) wide and 13” (35cm) deep.
- Temple of Airjitzu measures over 16” (42cm) high, 7” (19cm) wide and 7” (19cm) deep.
- Blacksmith’s workshop measures over 5” (15cm) high, 5” (15cm) wide and 7” (20cm) deep.
- Smugglers’ Market measures over 5” (14cm) high, 5” (14cm) wide and 7” (20cm) deep.
Pierre
VLC Ambassador to TLG & VLC Director

My avatar is Ninjago's Pythor P Chumsworth. YAY! I finally have him! Thank you.
DeGobbi
Brick Deity

Re: 70751 Temple of Airjitsu

Post by DeGobbi »

that actually pretty freaking awesome ! id buy 1 on sale
VLC Loud mouth
Dave De Gobbi
Gumby
Master Poster

Post by Gumby »

This set looks really cool!

"Medieval Market Village for Ninjago" is an excellent comparison!
Brickhead wrote:that actually pretty freaking awesome ! id buy 1 on sale
Alas this is probably one of those LEGO exclusive sets so it will never go on sale. :p
-Bryan
Kyler
Brick Deity

Post by Kyler »

Before I saw this I'd read the Brickset review. They ended with:
So, what do you think? It's an impressive model, but is there a market for it? Given the high price it's clearly aimed primarily at AFOLs but are there many adult fans who'd drop that sort of cash on a Ninjago set?
I'm not really a fan of Ninjago as a theme, but I do love the Asian style buildings that some of the sets build, and this is definitely one of the nicest.
I'm definitely tempted, but yeah, not so sure it'd be the first thing I'd drop $230 on.
'Love the medieval village comparison. :-)
Kyler Storm - (not the Gladiator)
JamesH
Master Poster

Post by JamesH »

The olive flower stalks are fantastic. Is there a thread for 2016 lug bulk part suggestions?
Platypus
Brick God

Post by Platypus »

…and black garage doors and, and… Do we have a LUGbulk 2016 list going yet?

Love the born Ninja too. Another colour that was missing when I was first playing with the Ninja's in 1997.
David Gagnon - (AKA Daveed or Platypus)
TroopaDee
Master Poster

Post by TroopaDee »

I don't care too much about Ninjago, so if I got this it would be just for the buildings.

The buildings are styled pretty nicely, but the buildings should be bigger, it feels really pricey for just a few small buildings. Probably not something I'd get right away. :?
Claybricks
MOC Poster

Post by Claybricks »

I really like the shadow theatre, it's very Asian. There's 12 minifigs, but are any of them villains?
AC
Brick God

Post by AC »

I don't know if I like this set more for the pieces or the set itself. Looks great in the pictures but I would love to see it set up on display to really get a sense of it's size. I have a feeling I would want to alter it.

As I said it looks great in the pictures.
chump
Element God

Post by chump »

Ninjago for me, has rarely been about the minifigs (or vehicles). I'd just as easily slip the old ninja minifigs in as use some of the new ones.

As for the buildings, yeah they probably are a little on the small side and beg to be expanded (which was not necessarily the case with Medieval Market Village. It would be awesome if the Ninjago figs were like Star Wars figs and you could sell them off to subsidize the rest of the set, so you could have multiple figless sets to work with.

So is it worth the price tag? Probably not, unless it's on some serious sale, but it is a great starter set to build upon.
Pierre

chump
Element God

Post by chump »

So sometimes bigger is not better. Skyscraper Temple of Airjitsu?

Pierre

Kyler
Brick Deity

Post by Kyler »

chump wrote:So sometimes bigger is not better. Skyscraper Temple of Airjitsu?
How many Temples of Airjitsu did it take to build that?! :shock:
Kyler Storm - (not the Gladiator)
AC
Brick God

Post by AC »

By the looks of it there are two sets. I personally would not have gone taller here. Widening out on the buildings is the way to go.
Hamslice
Element King

Post by Hamslice »

He took our idea Pierre.
chump
Element God

Post by chump »

Hamslice wrote:He took our idea Pierre.
No, he didn't, we still need to put a whole mountain below it. And then I'll have my larger Fire Temple below the Temple of Airjitsu structure. It'll be great! I'm actually surprised I haven't seen a Fire Temple/Temple of Airjitzu mashup MOC yet.
Pierre