Your LEGO room/workspace

A place for people at large to discuss items of interest with other people and members of the VLC.

Moderator: VLC Directors

Gumby
Master Poster

Your LEGO room/workspace

Post by Gumby »

Here's a new thread for you to post pictures of your LEGO room/workspace.

Since a few of you have asked, here is mine:

I got rid of the closet organizer and installed two shelves in the closet, plus some fluorescent lighting. This will be my main workspace (if I ever finish getting organized). The lower shelf is at the height of my elbow, so I would stand while building.

In hindsight, the upper shelf comes out a bit too much as I can bump my head if I'm not careful, but the deeper shelf allows me to put more stuff up there. I have stored sets/boxes upright to make use of the vertical space.

Just some big/tall shelves to hold sets:

Towers of drawers to hold larger pieces (right-most one is all old-light grey bricks!):

In my rec room in the basement, I have a 40"x50" board mounted on the wall that I will cover with 32x32 baseplates so that my kids (currently 5.75 and -2 months) can build on, studs out. Unfortunately, the board is more like 39.5 x 49.5, so I haven't applied the baseplates to it yet because they will hang over just a bit. For those of you that work with wood (Brickhead, I'm looking at you), any ideas on how I can add on that extra bit of width?

Unfortunately I still have a ton of sets stored in a spare bedroom at my parents' house. Between 2003-2008 I collected a lot of themes (Castle, Wild West, Trains, etc.), including retired sets. In addition to those, I also parted out sets for the purpose of building MOCs.

There's no way I can fit everything into my new house so going forward, I need to be extremely selective on what I buy (but Modulars are a must!). It also means that over the next few months/years, I will need to sell off most of the sets I've collected over the years...
-Bryan
timtosino
Element King

Re: Your LEGO room/workspace

Post by timtosino »

I guess I'm not too embarrassed to admit I'm not the only one with untouched figless sets :)
-Tim Tosino
Lugnet #606
ILTCO #101
http://www.flickr.com/photos/tim_tosino/
Brickbaron
Master Poster

Post by Brickbaron »

Looks great Brian :lol:

A beautiful Denmark style Man Cave! rotflol

Paul
AC
Brick God

Post by AC »

My Workplace or Lego storage system is not in order enough for any pictures yet. shake
Bricksky
Brick Overlord

Post by Bricksky »

Gumby wrote: I will need to sell off most of the sets I've collected over the years...
...looking forward to reviewing this list! I am sure many of us would love to help you address this most serious problem! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Andrew
Brick Overlord

Post by Andrew »

Hey Brian those pics look great with all that old grey!.I have a similar situation ,lots of lego saved over the years to build in any theme,but I mostly build town and unlike lord business I don't want to frown on my kids playing with my lego even though I cant keep up with the dismantling of mocs.
I hope to see some mocs from you soon Bryan.
cheers ,Andrew
Lego trains are just the best!
dah_hunter
General Poster

Post by dah_hunter »

Nice set up.. my "toy" room isnt set up all the way yet (we just moved begining of this year)
but i got this pic.
Looks a little to Neat..
(Always on the lookout for Bulk 90's lego PM me if you got some)

To Brick-finity and Beyond
If you Brick it, they will come.
Hamslice
Element King

Post by Hamslice »

Stole this from brickhead, but I think it's a very good way and easy to expand.

The top photo is the main storage of all my Lego.

The bottom photo is my building desk
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
dah_hunter
General Poster

Post by dah_hunter »

thats awesome. very nice set up you have there.
(Always on the lookout for Bulk 90's lego PM me if you got some)

To Brick-finity and Beyond
If you Brick it, they will come.
Wassermann
New Poster

Post by Wassermann »

I store LEGO collections in a garage. Pretty close to car tools but it's secure. And my workplace is in a house. But since I started renovating my garage (began with exterior walls, covered them with siding https://idealsiding.com/ca/locations/siding-calgary/) I moved them to my basement pantry.
gates_apco
General Poster

Post by gates_apco »

Organizing my recent PAB...
This scratches a certain part of my brain #happy. Look how perfect it fits! And lucky coincidence I got the exact amount that would fit in this little drawer.
Little drawer
Little drawer
Also my workspace is finally in place
Desk
Desk
I feel like it's getting real now. rotflol
Heidi