10243 Parisian Restaurant

A place for people at large to discuss items of interest with other people and members of the VLC.

Moderator: VLC Directors

chump
Element God

10243 Parisian Restaurant

Post by chump »

Debuting at BrickCon 2013, this is one sweet Modular. I didn't buy the Town Hall and I'm still interested in the Palace Cinema, but this one looks like it's going to drag me back into the Modulars again.

http://brickset.com/news/article/?ID=7860

Pierre
VLC Ambassador to TLG & VLC Director

My avatar is Ninjago's Pythor P Chumsworth. YAY! I finally have him! Thank you.
soundwave
Brick Deity

Re: 10243 Parisian Restaurant

Post by soundwave »

It's just as fantastic in person. Can't wait to buy it. As a brick con bonus I got to speak to the designer of this set and the new Mearsk. (Which was also there)
Shane Weckstrom

flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/43769067@N08/

Save a Tree, Eat a Beaver
Robin
Master Poster

Post by Robin »

Interiors are brilliant. It's fully detailed. Also a full complement of Olive Green 1x brick, new 1x2 and 2x2 bowed slopes (in white and dark blue), a red scooter, white croissants, and much more. A fantastic return to the modulars by Jamie Berard (the set designer, who is back after being involved with designing the last 2 modulars - he was too busy working on the Sydney opera house, and other goodies!)

And, the price is actually quite decent, with a better exchange rate than we've seen in past - $159 USD / $189 CAD
brankell5566
MOC Poster

Post by brankell5566 »

Wonderful looking set, I really like the roof with the white croissants.

As Robin mentioned, I'm surprised the American MSRP was raised by $10 while the Canadian MSRP dropped by $10. Not that I'm complaining... :wink:
Claybricks
MOC Poster

Post by Claybricks »

With 2469 pieces of amazing detail, it makes a modular like the Fire Brigade look kind of plain. I can't wait for the release in January.
Robin
Master Poster

Post by Robin »

Claybricks wrote:With 2469 pieces of amazing detail, it makes a modular like the Fire Brigade look kind of plain. I can't wait for the release in January.
Which is why we like it when Jamie designs these sets!! :lol: (He wasn't the designer for the Fire Brigade)
AC
Brick God

Post by AC »

I love this set. So many great things about it. New parts are great! Olive green in all those 1x bricks. :D
Sir Carlsberg7905
General Poster

Post by Sir Carlsberg7905 »

All the Olive green... wow
I'll be able to use my olive green cheese slopes now.
chump
Element God

Post by chump »

Just in case you noticed the Parisan Restaurant description with a seagull....

On behalf of the LEGO Creator Expert Team:

“The Creator Expert team would like to thank you for helping us communicate the launch of 10243 Parisian restaurant.

As careful as we were trying to provide you with as many details as possible, we seem to have overlooked one inaccuracy in regards to the set having a seagull.

The seagull was indeed included in an earlier version of the model, but was later swapped out so that we could include other details like the wedding ring instead.

Hopefully you’ll agree the proposal scene helps our story more than the seagull.

We apologize for the confusion and have updated the text on LEGO.com to hopefully avoid further confusion.

Kind regards and many thanks for your enthusiastic support of the Creator Expert line,

The Creator Expert Team”
Pierre
VLC Ambassador to TLG & VLC Director

My avatar is Ninjago's Pythor P Chumsworth. YAY! I finally have him! Thank you.