The Brick Games formerly known as The Vancouver Lego Games

A place for people at large to discuss items of interest with other people and members of the VLC.

Moderator: VLC Directors

soundwave
Brick Deity

The Brick Games formerly known as The Vancouver Lego Games

Post by soundwave »

Info was just posted on brickset.com regarding the upcoming Lego Games in Langley. They posted a link https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... vciB0F1XtY to a really well shot video of the last event in Burnaby. Its a good glimpse for those wondering what it was like. They editing and overall shots of this video are really well done. We should try to get them to shoot some of our shows for us.
Anybody going to the Langley event?
Shane Weckstrom

flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/43769067@N08/

Save a Tree, Eat a Beaver
Pascal
Brick Overlord

Re: Vancouver Lego Games

Post by Pascal »

I just checked out their web site. The name has changes to The Brick Games. I guess LEGO corp. decided to dis-allow the use of their trademarked named.

I was asked to judge again and I said I would.
Robin
Master Poster

Re: The Brick Games formerly known as The Vancouver Lego Gam

Post by Robin »

Hi all,

I'm helping out with the organization of the newly renamed "Brick Games" this time round. It's going to be bigger and better this time 'round. I'd love to see some of you guys enter the competition as well! There are going to be lots of prizes.

The date is October 26th, from 10 - 5, at the Langley Events Centre on 200th.

As to the change in name, domain, and branding - even though Darian and the organizers of the first event (in April) had approval from LEGO Canada for everything they did (I know - I couldn't believe it either, but they did!), I encouraged them to pro-actively change everything to be more inline with TLG guidelines. So they did, and now everyone's happy. (They have specific permission to use the minifigure image).

I'm the one that's planning the floor plan, as well as the competition schedule. I have left a lot of room for any clubs (VLC, AbbyLUG, VicLUG) to come, hang out, and display stuff. I've been in touch with James out here in AbbyLUG about essentially resetting up some or all of the Chilliwack Hobby show layout (which is the weekend before the Brick Games).

If anyone is interested in displaying something else (I know that Shane has already been approached about using his globe), please contact me directly. Also, the event needs volunteers - me, especially - to help with the building competition directly. This time, there will be a series of building "heats" or rounds, which will progressively whittle down the competitors to a final build-off. I need help monitoring these rounds, and resetting bricks between them. Again, please contact me directly if you're interested.

It's going to be a fun day, and I'd encourage the club, and you guys, to get involved. Do you have flyers?
Andrew
Brick Overlord

Post by Andrew »

I dont think I can make it Robin,I'm realy too busy with kid stuff and the two train shows.I did offer on the abbylug site to let someone borrow trains and track at the langley event.
Hope things go well.

,Andrew
Lego trains are just the best!
Sir Carlsberg7905
General Poster

Post by Sir Carlsberg7905 »

hmm. This sounds like fun. Is there an age group for teenagers? :)
chump
Element God

Post by chump »

Sir Carlsberg7905 wrote:hmm. This sounds like fun. Is there an age group for teenagers? :)
Teenagers may fit into the following categories:
11-13
14-17
18+

www.thebrickgames.com for more info.
Pierre
VLC Ambassador to TLG & VLC Director

My avatar is Ninjago's Pythor P Chumsworth. YAY! I finally have him! Thank you.
Sir Carlsberg7905
General Poster

Post by Sir Carlsberg7905 »

Awesome, thanks man :)