Alderwood Store Anniversary Event

A place for people at large to discuss items of interest with other people and members of the VLC.

Moderator: VLC Directors

Robin
Master Poster

Alderwood Store Anniversary Event

Post by Robin »

Hi guys,

Similar to the Oakridge event that I'm sure you're talking about, Erin (manager) at the Alderwood store (north Seattle) has reached out to me looking for help with their event.

Dates are June 7-9, 11am - 7pm. She needs 15 people per day for 5-hour shifts - roughly 10-3, and 3-8.

Erin's keeping the details of the event hush-hush, until everything is finalized, but this is another opportunity to help out with an store event, and it probably has all the same perks (and at US prices!)

If you're interested, she's asked for you to call the store directly and sign up for a shift. Call Erin at 860-749-2291, and mention that you're from the VLC.

Cheers,
chump
Element God

Re: Alderwood Store Anniversary Event

Post by chump »

Thanks for posting the details. I know that at least one of our members went down last year to help out.

Given that the details are hush hush, should this be moved to member's side forums?
Pierre
VLC Ambassador to TLG & VLC Director

My avatar is Ninjago's Pythor P Chumsworth. YAY! I finally have him! Thank you.
Robin
Master Poster

Post by Robin »

It's just the details of the actual build (which Master Builder is coming, and what they're building) that are not quite finalized, not the fact that the event is happening. So, it's not a big secret or anything.
AC
Brick God

Post by AC »

Thanks Robin. :D
Bricklee
Master Poster

Post by Bricklee »

Hello,

Just an update on the contact info: it is difficult to reach Erin when calling phone #860-749-2291 as this goes through a switchboard in Enfield, Connecticut - so unless you have Erin's last name they can't connect you to her.

The rep suggested we to contact the Alderwood Store directly. I looked up the phone #425-640-2281. Robin, is this an acceptable process to follow at this time?

Thank you, Lee.
Bricklee
Robin
Master Poster

Post by Robin »

Ha! Yes, please call the store directly. That's the number I should have posted ... :?
Bricklee
Master Poster

Post by Bricklee »

No worries at all Robin, I called the store to connect with Erin, we have been corresponding by email. It all worked out fine. Thank you for sharing this opportunity.
Bricklee
Brickbaron
Master Poster

Post by Brickbaron »

I talked to Erin, and volunteered for Sunday afternoon.
Is anyone else going down that day?
What was your schedule like Lee?

Paul
Bricklee
Master Poster

Post by Bricklee »

Hi Paul,

I booked 10-3pm on Sunday with Erin and I think Brian did too. Would you be able to change your time to the same as ours then we could drive together? Let me know, thanks, Lee.
Bricklee
Bricklee
Master Poster

Post by Bricklee »

I received the following email from Erin(manager) @ the Lego store in Alderwood mall. Lynnwood, USA.** Asking for more help if anyone is interested**

Hi Lee!

It is official – the build will be Spongbob! Feel free to spread the word to everyone and have them contact me if they’d like to sign up. I still have plenty of openings. We’d love the help with this!

Best regards,

Erin
Bricklee
Diana
Master Poster

Re: HELP Alderwood Store Anniversary Event

Post by Diana »

Driving down to Alderwood will be a challenge for a while because a portion of the Skagit River Bridge (on I-5) has collapsed. All traffic will probably be using another bridge nearby. The detour will for sure add more time to the commute. Yikes! http://www.vancouversun.com/news/Skagit ... story.html
Attachments
8427967.jpg
soundwave
Brick Deity

Post by soundwave »

dkan wrote:Driving down to Alderwood will be a challenge for a while because a portion of the Skagit River Bridge (on I-5) has collapsed. All traffic will probably be using another bridge nearby. The detour will for sure add more time to the commute. Yikes! http://www.vancouversun.com/news/Skagit ... story.html
I can already hear the rumours so I will address them now. I in no way had anything to do with the design or construction of this bridge. The fact that it collasped in a similar fashion to my own is purely coincidental. rotflol
Shane Weckstrom

flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/43769067@N08/

Save a Tree, Eat a Beaver
AC
Brick God

Post by AC »

Too funny Shane! rotflol
JayKay
Master Poster

Post by JayKay »

Bricklee wrote:Hi Paul,

I booked 10-3pm on Sunday with Erin and I think Brian did too. Would you be able to change your time to the same as ours then we could drive together? Let me know, thanks, Lee.
Jack and I are heading there on Sunday for the morning shift.
Bricklee
Master Poster

Post by Bricklee »

Haha, I agree with Allan, that was funny Shane!

John and Jack,

Paul, Brian and myself will see you at Alderwood on Sunday morning. It should be fun!
Bricklee
timtosino
Element King

Post by timtosino »

Anyone who's been down to the event this week seen if they have the new City stuff yet? Specifically 60026 (Town Square) or the new Cargo Sets? I heard they are at some TRUs already in the USA.
-Tim Tosino
Lugnet #606
ILTCO #101
http://www.flickr.com/photos/tim_tosino/