AGM 2013 Election results - recap

A place for people at large to discuss items of interest with other people and members of the VLC.

Moderator: VLC Directors

chump
Element God

AGM 2013 Election results - recap

Post by chump »

These are all from memory, so I could have some details wrong. The winners are all correct, though.

Many valiant battles were fought last night, in the VLC AGM Election arena. First up, Dave vs Pascal for president, after much mud slinging and photoshopped frivolity, in a narrow margin of 1, Dave takes it. And so begins his reign of terror.... tyranny.... terrific-ness! Thank you Allan for your past four years of service as president.

For Vice President, Daveed, Keith and Shane are up. But what's this? In a surprise move, Allan nominates Pascal and he accepts. Pascal takes it in the first round, but not by a majority of more than 51%. In the run off between the two leading candidates, Keith prevails by 1. It's at this point it's noted that Pascal actually never votes himself and always for his opposition. The reasoning as I understand it is that, if it's meant to be, it'll be by a majority, not including himself and that's his decision which I can respect.

Membership director is up for grabs and it's Allan, Pascal, as Keith is Vice President. Allan takes it. It's beginning to look like a BrickCon prize giveaway shutout for Pascal.

Publicist. Uncontested. boring..... Pierre

Somehow Meeting Coordinator is skipped.

Next scheduled is supposed to be Treasurer but Secretary is put up because of a duplication which may affect the Treasurer voting. However Sean withdraws his nomination for Secretary. Tim's steadfast dedication and resolution wins over Jessica's pink pen and perfumed paper crusade.

Which makes the role of Treasurer uncontested as both Tim and Dave have elected positions. Welcome Sean to the Treasurer who has no signing authority. Just like the previous Treasurer. Work that spreadsheet magic.

Webmaster.. Michael. A surprise nomination to put forth Who for webmaster is quickly shut down. He retakes his uncontested seat.

What's this oh yeah... we forgot Meeting Coordinator. Lee, Pascal, Shane are in the running. A new voting method is suggested and implemented. In the first round, Shane unfortunately doesn't have the votes, leaving it to Pascal and Lee to duke it out. In the second round, and somewhat storybook ending, Pascal gets his redemption arc and gets nominated to Meeting Coordinator. He's got ideas for the coming year, so look forward to future meetings! More fun, less talky-talky.

CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL! It's going to be another awesome year.

The following members were elected on March 22, 2013.

Vancouver LEGO® Club Directors 2013/2014

President Dave DeGobbi (Brickhead)
Vice President Keith Reed (hamslice)
Webmaster Michael (michael)
Meeting Coordinator Pascal Archambault (pascal)
Secretary (Archivist) Tim Tosino (timtosino)
Treasurer Sean Martinez (minibig)
Membership Director Allan Corbeil (AC)
Publicist & Ambassador Pierre C (chump)
Pierre
VLC Ambassador to TLG & VLC Director

My avatar is Ninjago's Pythor P Chumsworth. YAY! I finally have him! Thank you.
michael
Master Poster

Re: AGM 2013 Election results - recap

Post by michael »

Congratulations everyone! I wish I could have been there to cast my votes.

I have to say, I think this is a great team we have here. I am excited to see how it goes over the next year.
timtosino
Element King

Re: AGM 2013 Election results - recap

Post by timtosino »

Thanks Pierre, an even more detailed account than I planned to write in the minutes! I'll post the minutes to the AGM later tonight.
-Tim Tosino
Lugnet #606
ILTCO #101
http://www.flickr.com/photos/tim_tosino/