BCIT marketing team needs you !

A place for people at large to discuss items of interest with other people and members of the VLC.

Moderator: VLC Directors

DeGobbi
Brick Deity

BCIT marketing team needs you !

Post by DeGobbi »

A friend of mine forwarded this to me . the jist of it is a BCIT marketting team for there final project decided to do theirs on Lego . they are looking for some cool mocs to use as part of there display presentation . they had a dream of something from vancouver but i said the chance of a custom build in such a short time is hard .

here is an email i got from him after a phone call
Hello Dave,

Thank you so much for your interest and your call. I took a look at crawler town and it looks amazing. I told my project team about speaking with you, and they are very excited about having you and members of your club showcase some of your creations. ( I never said this was sure that we would help btw )

One of the promotional ideas for the project is a "Build your city event" where LEGO fans and artists can showcase their creations and help young kids keep an open mind about what is possible. The big idea of the marketing campaign is "80 years still no batteries required" it focuses on getting children playing with LEGO instead of electronics and video games. Having a model of a famous Canadian landmark or any other large model will help our team greatly.

The presentation time is on May, 9, at 12:30 pm in the SA Boardroom BCIT. This is a very important presentation for the Marketing Program and we all have engulfed ourselves into learning about LEGO as much as possible. I really appreciate your call, and please let me know if you or one of your club mates can participate. Even just attending one of your meetings would be of great value for my team and I. Your help is greatly appreciated Dave.

Thank you,

Anyone got any buildings from vancouver they could use ?

BTW these guys are students and are therfore poor , it would be pro bono . I said I would get back to him in a day or two to give him an answer .
VLC Loud mouth
Dave De Gobbi
chump
Element God

Re: BCIT marketing team needs you !

Post by chump »

Not connected to this one I suppose?

http://www.vlc.ca/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2719

And Vancouver microscale is being done by Shane's in-law-in-law.

http://www.vlc.ca/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2614
Pierre
VLC Ambassador to TLG & VLC Director

My avatar is Ninjago's Pythor P Chumsworth. YAY! I finally have him! Thank you.
DeGobbi
Brick Deity

Post by DeGobbi »

No I think that unrelated . They just want something built out of lego that looks cool , 32 x 32 sizeish and stable. . Could probably wrangle a timhortons gift card out of them or something
VLC Loud mouth
Dave De Gobbi
Hamslice
Element King

Post by Hamslice »

And they want it finished by may 9th? or just a rough draft idea?

Cause my 9th gives really no time to design and build something.
DeGobbi
Brick Deity

Post by DeGobbi »

9th for display . Like I told the guy its not enough time to custom build anything . More of else what ever MOCs we have lyinh around that they could borrow for an hour .
VLC Loud mouth
Dave De Gobbi
Hamslice
Element King

Post by Hamslice »

Well i have my Lego Crane still made, And could make a small construction site, Wont be anything great but could give them a chance. Or i have The Technic Space Shuttle and the First pneumatic logging truck crane thing from years ago. I could make one of those and let them use it for the day. The Olympus mountain might have a few of the technique beams in it, So those might no be possible,