GOOD (or bad) NEWS for the Star Wars fans.

A place for people at large to discuss items of interest with other people and members of the VLC.

Moderator: VLC Directors

AC
Brick God

GOOD (or bad) NEWS for the Star Wars fans.

Post by AC »

http://www.brickset.com/news/article/?ID=2535
Looks like it will be sticking around.
RadStar
Master Poster

Re: GOOD (or bad) NEWS for the Star Wars fans.

Post by RadStar »

Hm by lack of comments/interest am I to take it that not many of us are Lego Star Wars fans eh?

I've only purchased Ewok Attack and plan on getting Droid Escape so I get my beloved R2D2.. and would possibly do the UCS (Ultimate Collector Series) R2D2 coming out if it was totally amazing. But thats pretty much it for me.

My son, Owen at 8 years old, just watched Episode I & II for the first time, over the weekend... we will see how that affects his Lego preferences..

Cheers
Roger the Deaf Guy
My Moc Page
brankell5566
MOC Poster

Post by brankell5566 »

I don't collect Star Wars. But for those who do, its going to make a dent in your wallet. SW sets are way too overpriced, and the sets are getting repetitive.
Bricklee
Master Poster

Post by Bricklee »

Yes, my poor wallet will take a hit. :(
Like Roger, I have an eight year old son who is already hooked on star wars and to him all the sets appear new. For me all Lego is cool! I will enjoy building with him regardless of the theme!
Bricklee
DeGobbi
Brick Deity

Post by DeGobbi »

yeah! no we can have 6 more xwings redos !! :P
VLC Loud mouth
Dave De Gobbi
mattybrick
General Poster

Post by mattybrick »

Hey everyone! My first post here.. and happy to be joining this forum. From what I understand all of the Star Wars movies will be re-released in 3D format.. sounds like the renewal of the franchise with Lego seems to coincide with that. My guess is that we will be seeing the same sets updated or re-released again over the course of the 10 years if they do release all six movies again. The good news though is that hopefully we will see some new brick elements developed.

I have a few of the first Star Wars sets that came out when the line first launched. The only one that might appeal to me is the new Jabba's Palace set.. but I have a love/hate relationship with Jabba. He terrified me as a kid when I saw the movie.. I was like 8 at the time. Stood up in the theatre and full on screamed.. yup... I am sure that was fun times for everyone in the packed theatre lol.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone here!

Matty