Ninjago

A place for people at large to discuss items of interest with other people and members of the VLC.

Moderator: VLC Directors

AC
Brick God

Ninjago

Post by AC »

It is a little hard to admit this but I kind of like the ninjago sets. Short chains, long chains, throwing stars (of sorts), new beard, new hat. The bad guy all in black, and the female character in the set 2505 is nice. The big heads, boots, and white dragon not so cool. 2504 and 2505 are nice sets. :D
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=453157
Captain Pike
MOC Poster

Re: Ninjago

Post by Captain Pike »

I'm curious about the game aspect.
After trying a few of the current Lego Games I'm not too optimistic.
MisterOwl
Experienced Poster

Post by MisterOwl »

I can only comment on one LEGO game, and that's Wild Wool :-)

It's actually a fun little game with young kids!!!
JamesH
Master Poster

Post by JamesH »

It's interesting to hear other peoples takes on the lego games. We only have Lava Dragon, Monsters 4 and Creationary (I think Minitorus might be coming for Christmas) but all 3 of them are a big hit. Obviously nothing like Puerto Rico or other 'adult' games that I would play with friends, but great to play with the kids. My kids are 5 and 3 and both love playing them, especially Lava Dragon. The game is simple enough that our 5 year old can play with friends and doesn't need an adult to help out and the 3 year old has no problem playing when we're there to help out.

Our main inspiration for getting them was we wanted to get some board games the kids would play and we didn't know which ones they'd like. The lego games aren't that much more expensive than a regular board game and the idea was, if the game wasn't popular at least the pieces could be used for building (and some of them have some neat pieces) unlike other games that just sit in the closet collecting dust.

Back to the initial topic of Ninjago.. I have a feeling that will be a big hit at our house too. Both the game aspect and the ninja theme. Are there any details on the game aspect?

I also agree with Alan, the white dragon one is a bit of a dud.. skeletal jester with throwing stars?
chump
Element God

Post by chump »

I bought the Harry Potter one for Christmas so we'll see how that one goes over.

As for Ninjago, (oh, you wrote "boots"), I think a big part of it's success will be on how it's priced.
Pierre
VLC Ambassador to TLG & VLC Director

My avatar is Ninjago's Pythor P Chumsworth. YAY! I finally have him! Thank you.
AC
Brick God

Post by AC »

chump wrote:I bought the Harry Potter one for Christmas so we'll see how that one goes over.

As for Ninjago, (oh, you wrote "boots"), I think a big part of it's success will be on how it's priced.
Yes I did. They are on the skeletons feet. :D
Platypus
Brick God

Post by Platypus »

Wow, what great pieces. The Boots are really weird and ugly, but it must have something to do with them standing on their plates and staying on when spun.

I like the long bones and short bones (like the series 4 werewolf has), and the modded lightsaber handle with the the T-top on it. super cool part!
David Gagnon - (AKA Daveed or Platypus)
AC
Brick God

Post by AC »

Platypus wrote:Wow, what great pieces. The Boots are really weird and ugly, but it must have something to do with them standing on their plates and staying on when spun.

I like the long bones and short bones (like the series 4 werewolf has), and the modded lightsaber handle with the the T-top on it. super cool part!

I thought you would like that stuff. The function of the boots does not make them any more likable do they?
Platypus
Brick God

Post by Platypus »

No. Luckily I think we ordered regular legs in a Bulk Order, or at least I have some extra's from something...
David Gagnon - (AKA Daveed or Platypus)
AC
Brick God

Post by AC »

The best part of the dragon.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/46572466@N04/5248750661/
I already can think of some uses for this part.
chump
Element God

Post by chump »

At Brickset.com, news is the small Ninjago sets with one fig, spinner and cards are running 9 euro in Belgium. Yikes!
Pierre
VLC Ambassador to TLG & VLC Director

My avatar is Ninjago's Pythor P Chumsworth. YAY! I finally have him! Thank you.
beethead
MOC Poster

Post by beethead »

chump wrote:At Brickset.com, news is the small Ninjago sets with one fig, spinner and cards are running 9 euro in Belgium. Yikes!
Those little sets are pretty darn expensive for what you get. The estimate of $12.99 CDN is rather steep for a minifigure with accessories and some cards. These seem more directed to younger kids who are into Pokemon cards and the likes.
AC
Brick God

Post by AC »