2011 Sets are in at TRU on Broadway

A place for people at large to discuss items of interest with other people and members of the VLC.

Moderator: VLC Directors

Platypus
Brick God

2011 Sets are in at TRU on Broadway

Post by Platypus »

Hey,

I stopped by TRU on Broadway for a Toy Story Garbage Truck (50% at $30) and noticed that they have a few of the new Pharaoh's Quest sets, and some of the new Atlantis set (Portal Gate thing and Angler Attack). Pharaoh's Quest looks super cool, but I couldn't bring myself to buy anything at full price.
David Gagnon - (AKA Daveed or Platypus)
kennymatic
Experienced Poster

Re: 2011 Sets are in at TRU on Broadway

Post by kennymatic »

A number of Pharaoh's Quest is also available at Metropolis TRU.

This week TRU is also having their $27x2 for $40 and $39x2 for $60 sales. I'm pretty sure there are some Pharaoh's Quest sets that fall in those price categories.
beethead
MOC Poster

Post by beethead »

kennymatic wrote:A number of Pharaoh's Quest is also available at Metropolis TRU.

This week TRU is also having their $27x2 for $40 and $39x2 for $60 sales. I'm pretty sure there are some Pharaoh's Quest sets that fall in those price categories.
Cursed Cobra Statue falls in the $39.99 category so you can save $10 if you buy another $39.99 set. I just bought two of them and used my $10 off $50 gift card. After taxes it worked out to $28 for each set. Woohoo!
kennymatic
Experienced Poster

Post by kennymatic »

I was a little disappointed to not see any Creator Log Cabins at Metropolis last week. Then I went back yesterday and they had a nice empty space on the shelf with a price tag (39.99) for the Creator Log Cabin. ><
soundwave
Brick Deity

Post by soundwave »

Langley TRU is pretty much fully stocked on the new 2011 sets
Shane Weckstrom

flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/43769067@N08/

Save a Tree, Eat a Beaver
Brickbaron
Master Poster

Post by Brickbaron »

I bought the 12.99 Pharaoh's Quest set with the motorbike. It seems when you buy any set right now at TRU you get a $10 gift card good for any purchase over $50 between Dec 26th and Jan 30th. As well you get a complimentary Santa minifig magnet.
Nice.

Paul
chump
Element God

Post by chump »

Santa minifig magnet must be new today, as I bought the Atlantis little set with the Hammerhead shark yesterday and only got the $10 off of $50. Metrotown didn't have the Angler Fish one or I would have picked that one up too.
Pierre
VLC Ambassador to TLG & VLC Director

My avatar is Ninjago's Pythor P Chumsworth. YAY! I finally have him! Thank you.