Dave's Crawler town

A place for people at large to discuss items of interest with other people and members of the VLC.

Moderator: VLC Directors

AC
Brick God

Dave's Crawler town

Post by AC »

Great pic of your Crawler town on Brothers Brick Dave. :D
DeGobbi
Brick Deity

Re: Dave's Crawler town

Post by DeGobbi »

Thanks allan . I spent some time to really get some good shots of it . I'll try not to let it go to my head :P
VLC Loud mouth
Dave De Gobbi
AC
Brick God

Post by AC »

Is the Eco-Punk thing all your brain child or did you see it some other place first?
legofactory
MOC Poster

Post by legofactory »

That is stunning city you got there. We've made a post on your awesome creation over here. Good job Brickhead.

Last edited by legofactory on Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DeGobbi
Brick Deity

Post by DeGobbi »

Well you saw when I had that prototype of the treads like a year ago after i got those in hte draft . From there it was going to either a battle land crusier or a aircraft carrier of wheels but that was all done before . It was actually daveed who said you should make a city something totally new and fresh.

As it turns out though there is a book series called "mortal engines" thats very similar in style though its more post apocalyptic rather then ecopunk . But I never knew of the book but am going to read it now !

Thanks alot for the post on your webpage but I just want give you the heads up that if you post flickr images outside of flickr with out a link back to flickr its copyright infrigment. Not that I'm going to report you but I just don't want you to get in trouble thats all .
VLC Loud mouth
Dave De Gobbi
legofactory
MOC Poster

Post by legofactory »

Brickhead wrote:Thanks alot for the post on your webpage but I just want give you the heads up that if you post flickr images outside of flickr with out a link back to flickr its copyright infrigment. Not that I'm going to report you but I just don't want you to get in trouble thats all .
Looks like I made the wrong link. Sorry about that Brickhead. It was meant to go to your photostream. Its all fixed now. Thanks for letting me know.
Gumby
Master Poster

Post by Gumby »

Wow, this creation of yours is new to me, Dave! I guess this is what I miss out on when I don't go to Brickcon... :(

BTW, it's also on Eurobricks' front-page...
-Bryan
Robin
Master Poster

Post by Robin »

Really awesome MOC, Dave! I enjoyed checking out all the detailed photos, and exploring all the goodness you built into it. Kudos!
Hamslice
Element King

Post by Hamslice »

I saw this Moc online a few years ago. I thought i was a very cool build, I think i even saved a photo to my computer to show people what crazy stuff you can do with Lego.

Just found out its a local build, Very cool. Very creative and very skillful build Dave nice work http://www.vlc.ca/forums/posting.php?mo ... f=1&t=1807#

Keith
Andrew
Brick Overlord

Post by Andrew »

Actually Dave its on youtube too as a top 10 lego build on some guys site ,I couldnt manage to foward the link ,sorry

,Andrew :wink:
Lego trains are just the best!
jobert
New Poster

Post by jobert »

That's sick. How big is it?
It looks huge.
JamesH
Master Poster

Post by JamesH »

I randomly stumbled upon "35 Lego Mega Constructions You (Probably) Haven’t Seen Before" ... lots from the usual sources Legoland, Sean Kenney, Nathan Sawaya, Dave De Gobbi...

http://www.hongkiat.com/blog/35-lego-me ... en-before/
soundwave
Brick Deity

Post by soundwave »

JamesH wrote:I randomly stumbled upon "35 Lego Mega Constructions You (Probably) Haven’t Seen Before" ... lots from the usual sources Legoland, Sean Kenney, Nathan Sawaya, Dave De Gobbi...

http://www.hongkiat.com/blog/35-lego-me ... en-before/
neat link. I have seen most of these before but there were some pretty awesome creations. Although i am not sure why the aiport was listed among the mega-constructions. It is just a Lego airport set with a bunch of Lego set airplanes placed on road plates. And then they lined the runway with trees that the wings barely fit over. shake
Shane Weckstrom

flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/43769067@N08/

Save a Tree, Eat a Beaver
AC
Brick God

Post by AC »

Funny Shane, I was thinking the same thing even before I read your post. :lol: