New to the forum?

A place for people at large to discuss items of interest with other people and members of the VLC.

Moderator: VLC Directors

bricksare4me
MOC Poster

Re: New to the forum?

Post by bricksare4me »

Hi Everyone! I haven't forgotten to post some photos. Just in the middle of taking some and editing them. I cant wait to meet some members in person! :P
chump
Element God

Post by chump »

Some of us will be at the Nikkei Matsuri next weekend. http://festival.nikkeiplacefoundation.org/

We'll be featuring all new MOCs built for this event.
Pierre
VLC Ambassador to TLG & VLC Director

My avatar is Ninjago's Pythor P Chumsworth. YAY! I finally have him! Thank you.
bricksare4me
MOC Poster

Post by bricksare4me »

Omg. Wow. I think i just died and went to heaven: lego and japanese food...all in one go. Wil def try and come, if possible. Btw, the japanese lego build on the festival page is beautiful!
chump
Element God

Post by chump »

That's an image the organizer pulled off the internet. It's not one of ours. Although at the time that he posted it, none of the MOCs were built. We had a lot of our members step up and build for this one, so I'm excited and hope that we're able to display all of them in all their glory.
Pierre

Gypselle
New Poster

Post by Gypselle »

Hi everyone! I'm Peta. Sadly I never had lego as a child; I had a small tub of Duplo but there were only about 20 pieces so you couldn't make a lot. But I'm friends with Keith (Hamslice) and Jessica, and seeing the things they build has captured my interest these past few years. So I thought I'd join the forum and see more of what the club is working on, because you guys are very clever and creative and build some awesome stuff!

I am probably going to begin collecting mini-figs as well, I have a few already and they're just so cute and addictive, (though expensive!)
AC
Brick God

Post by AC »

Welcome to the forum Peta. Be careful with those Minifigs, they can be addictive. :D
chump
Element God

Post by chump »

Gypselle wrote:I am probably going to begin collecting mini-figs as well, I have a few already and they're just so cute and addictive, (though expensive!)
Consider yourself warned. Choose wisely on what you choose to collect. It's a fool errand to want to collect all minifigs.
And watch this video in this article http://www.brothers-brick.com/2010/10/18/its-a-disease/

EDITED to Add: And welcome Gypselle!
Pierre

Hamslice
Element King

Post by Hamslice »

HI PETA.

welcome to the Club!

That makes 3 from Squamish, 2 more and i think we need to make a SqawLug rotflol
AC
Brick God

Post by AC »

SqawLUG has a nice ring to it. OK maybe not. rotflol That would be cool someday though.
bricksare4me
MOC Poster

Post by bricksare4me »

It was great meeting a few of you today at Nikkei Matsuri! and the Builds were amazing!
bricksare4me
MOC Poster

Post by bricksare4me »

Just posted my mix media sculpture "Around the Block" under the MOC thread. This is not a Lego Cuusoo project, but it is my first Lego related one.
MiniTheFig
New Poster

Post by MiniTheFig »

Hello everyone, my name is Sarah. I was at The Brick Games, and created the MOC pictured in my avatar. While there, I was invited to join the VLC website.

I've been building with LEGO for almost all my life, and I enjoy collecting Chima, Agents, Minifigures, and almost every other theme. I've also recently gotten into MOCing.
ℳίηίҬℎℯℱίℊ✍
timtosino
Element King

Post by timtosino »

Awesome House Sarah. When I saw the feeds on instagram of the house I wondered if it was done by someone in the VLC or AbbyLug! I wasn't able to make it out of the games myself but hopefully will help out at one them next year.
-Tim Tosino
Lugnet #606
ILTCO #101
http://www.flickr.com/photos/tim_tosino/
AC
Brick God

Post by AC »

Hi Sarah, Like Tim said the house is great. Welcome to the forum. Let me know if you want to come out and check out one of our meetings sometime.
Andrew
Brick Overlord

Post by Andrew »

Although I didnt meet you at brick games ,I did see your house ,lots of nice techniques in your build ,well done.

,Andrew
Lego trains are just the best!
yannerd
New Poster

Post by yannerd »

Hi everyone! New on the forum! Just recently got back into Lego after a 20 year hiatus from my childhood!
Hamslice
Element King

Post by Hamslice »

Hi Yannerd

Welcome to the forums.
Looking forward to seeing your Mocs.
Any question don't hesitate ask

Cheers
Keith
AC
Brick God

Post by AC »

Hi yannerd, 20 years, Wow! What brings you back around? Was it a set, a theme, an event or something else?
yannerd
New Poster

Post by yannerd »

I think it's a mixture of things, but probably walking into the Lego store at Sherway Gardens in Ontario got me thinking about it again. Just realized how much I enjoyed it as a kid so I bought a set and realized I still enjoyed building it. Of course, being older I now have disposable income for such a hobby so why not get into it!
AC
Brick God

Post by AC »

Do you live in the Vancouver area?
yannerd
New Poster

Post by yannerd »

I do, walking into the Lego store at Sherway Gardens was several years ago while I still lived in Ontario.
AC
Brick God

Post by AC »

Do you have a particular theme(s) you like to build or collect? Just out of curiosity what set was it that you bought when you were in the Lego store at Sherway Gardens?
Roostwick
New Poster

Post by Roostwick »

Hello all!

I'm Roostwick, a local creative who tends to fade into and out of LEGO every few years, since my childhood. I'm not sure if I have actually had a "dark ages", or whether it's been one big dark ages with occasional lapses, but here I am again :) What's really gotten me in stronger than ever over the past couple of years is a combination of the great minifigs, the opening of a LEGO store nearby (well, two now), and the launch of the Monster FIghters line, which I'm smitten by. A friend gave me the Haunted House for Christmas, after I'd spent months agonizing whether I could justify the price or not, and I just found the Ghost Train on sale today :) I'm a big fan of trains, and this one reminded me a bit of the old Filmation Ghostbusters cartoon. I tend to like building small MOC's in microscale, as well as cute robots, etc.

I've always wanted to get involved with the local LEGO community, so I guess this is me dipping my toes in :) Feel free to say hi!

-R
AC
Brick God

Post by AC »

Hi Roostwick, welcome to our forum. I hope you find what you are looking for here but if the forum is not enough we do have meetings once a month. Membership has it's privileges so let me know if you want to know more. :D
We wise
New Poster

Post by We wise »

Hi there,

So I'm not a new lego fan as I've been a lego fan since I was a kid but I got sucked back in when the Harry potter lego sets came out, at the same time I managed to get my husband hooked on some of the star wars lego sets at the time.

As I was already an online doll collector I made the mistake of starting to search out lego online and that's when I discovered the modular buildings. Since then I've been collecting those and once our kids were big enough for lego we started them on duplo and now have them equally hooked on lego. At almost 6 & 8 I had my kids borrow the grandparents "tower bridge" lego set and assemble it over a period of 5 days and now I have a full family of lego collectors.

We recently took a family vacation to legoland in California where my son managed to spend all his birthday money on lego effectively filling a suitcase. His newest additions were the lego minecraft sets, a creator treehouse and a pound of mixed bricks from the "Big Store."

We are now looking forward to getting the simpson house, metal beard's sea cow and once the grandma's done assembling it and displaying it, the Parisian restaurant.

I still have the lego my brother and I got when we were kids and 25 years later it's still awesome!

Wendy