New to the forum?

A place for people at large to discuss items of interest with other people and members of the VLC.

Moderator: VLC Directors

Slogghead
Experienced Poster

Re: New to the forum?

Post by Slogghead »

Platypus wrote:Slughead sounds good to me. Other Dave is Brickhead, so maybe I could follow suite and be Platyhead... no.

It is Slogghead, or my friends call me Dee Dubb (my initials...DW) as we have 3 Dave's in our group as well.
"I assure you, Lord Vader, my men are working as fast as they can." "Perhaps I can find new ways to motivate them."
http://www.flickr.com/photos/slogghead
brankell5566
MOC Poster

Post by brankell5566 »

Slogghead wrote:
Platypus wrote:Slughead sounds good to me. Other Dave is Brickhead, so maybe I could follow suite and be Platyhead... no.

It is Slogghead, or my friends call me Dee Dubb (my initials...DW) as we have 3 Dave's in our group as well.
Welcome to VLC Slogghead! I was browsing through your Flickr photo stream and I noticed you have one of the MAXI-minifigures on display at Toys R Us. May I ask where you got him and how much you paid for it? I've asked TRU if I could purchase the minifigure, but they always said no.
RadStar
Master Poster

Post by RadStar »

Slogghead wrote:It is Slogghead, or my friends call me Dee Dubb (my initials...DW) as we have 3 Dave's in our group as well.
Cool even in my circle of friends we have three Dave's too.. heh Who is this David 30-35 years ago, all these Dave's are named after?!!!
Roger the Deaf Guy
My Moc Page
Slogghead
Experienced Poster

Post by Slogghead »

brankell5566 wrote:
Slogghead wrote:

Welcome to VLC Slogghead! I was browsing through your Flickr photo stream and I noticed you have one of the MAXI-minifigures on display at Toys R Us. May I ask where you got him and how much you paid for it? I've asked TRU if I could purchase the minifigure, but they always said no.

$10 from a random lady on Craigslist...no joke.

She said she got it as a gift for her son.
"I assure you, Lord Vader, my men are working as fast as they can." "Perhaps I can find new ways to motivate them."
http://www.flickr.com/photos/slogghead
Hamslice
Element King

Post by Hamslice »

So it was nice to meet a few of you last night at after dark science world. I was support to message someone about the next meeting but I forget who. Can anyone help with that lol.?

Cheers Keith
chump
Element God

Post by chump »

Hamslice wrote:So it was nice to meet a few of you last night at after dark science world. I was support to message someone about the next meeting but I forget who. Can anyone help with that lol.?

Cheers Keith
We're still nailing down the location but it'll be in New Westminster at a member's house on March 9th. It will be our annual general meeting with our director elections.
Pierre
VLC Ambassador to TLG & VLC Director

My avatar is Ninjago's Pythor P Chumsworth. YAY! I finally have him! Thank you.
Platypus
Brick God

Post by Platypus »

Slogghead wrote:

Oops! I totally didn't mean to misspell your handle. :oops:

I wasn't trying to turn it into an insult or anything. DW.
David Gagnon - (AKA Daveed or Platypus)
chump
Element God

Post by chump »

Slogghead and Hamslice a PM will be sent to you with the address of the next meeting on March 9th at 7pm.
Pierre

J3ss1ca
General Poster

Post by J3ss1ca »

Hello!!
I'm from squamish, BC, i'm kind of new to the Lego world! I used to collect a bit when I was younger. My fiancé (hamslice) is an avid collector/ builder and I've been getting into it a lot recently! We both went to science world on the adult lego night and we had a blast! I've started building the mule from firefly. But I've gotten interested in building the Hershel farm from the walking dead, also maybe build the barn and Dales RV
I hope to meet you all sometime soon!

Jessica
:)
Hamslice
Element King

Post by Hamslice »

Hello Fiance, Welcome.
AC
Brick God

Post by AC »

Welcome Jessica. Glad to have you and Keith on here. Hope the two of you can make it out to a meeting sometime.
tukac
MOC Poster

Post by tukac »

Greetings and salutations to you both. XD
What this town needs is more love bricks.
Lettuce
Brick Overlord

Post by Lettuce »

As I've finally started posting, I guess I'll introduce myself finally.
While I've been lurking on and off for awhile, it only just dawned on me to actually post, hopefully I can speed up projects...

My main project right now is a 1940s city layout with buildings that are similar and based off of the modular buildings, but at a more realistic scale. So while the modulars might be acceptably wide (in some cases) they aren't deep enough. So I'm expanding them by stretching them, adding basements, additional above ground floors, and additional interior detail. Also, while I've yet to put any together, I all plan on fleshing the city out with my own buildings. The first building that I'm working on, which will be the centerpiece to the whole layout, is a museum. I've collected a lot of stuff for exhibits and am currently focusing on procuring parts to build the actual building itself. Boy is it going to take a long time though, the stuff I've listed is just for the front gallery!

Also, I live in New West and work in post secondary education.
Rhymes with Lettuce
JamesH
Master Poster

Post by JamesH »

davethebest wrote: So while the modulars might be acceptably wide (in some cases) they aren't deep enough. So I'm expanding them by stretching them...
I realize this isn't quite what you're working on but it might be inspiring..

More here:
http://brikkelauget.no/diskusjon/viewto ... f=3&t=1705
Lettuce
Brick Overlord

Post by Lettuce »

Yeah, that's more the size I'm thinking... My Emporium based building isn't going to be that grand though...
Rhymes with Lettuce
Northof49
General Poster

Post by Northof49 »

Just wanted to say hello as I am new to the forums. I have been building since the 70's but, I really got back into Lego when Star Wars was released and was hooked all over again when the Modular Buildings started to appear. I just can't get enough of those. Also I have been to a couple Seattle Brick Cons on the public days with my three nephews who are always building something to impress their Uncle. Sadly I can't say I have had enough time to do the same in the last year. Hopefully I can get back into the Lego groove and contribute a little to VLC.

Hope to meet some of you soon,Cheers!
Bricked since the 70's
AC
Brick God

Post by AC »

Welcome to the forum. If you are interested in coming out to a meeting we are having one on Friday the 13 in Surrey.
Northof49
General Poster

Post by Northof49 »

I am very interested in attending, however it will depend on how late the meetings go as I work at 5am the next morning. Hopefully I can make it out. Thanks for the invite.
Bricked since the 70's
AC
Brick God

Post by AC »

The meetings start at 7pm and you can leave when ever you want to.
aprime
General Poster

Post by aprime »

I didn't know there was a lego forum available in Vancouver until the grand opening of the Lego store. Looking forward to see people's creative sets.
darthchilli
General Poster

Post by darthchilli »

I have an on/off obsession with Lego
but never really left in my 27 years of life. haha
A bigger Minifig fan

I will purchase a modular building very soon. I have the minimodular..or the gf does and its amazing!
McStudz
New Poster

Post by McStudz »

Hey, I'm Stan McStudz on the internet (You can find me on a bunch of sites all over). I've been a LEGO fan for as long as I can remember, and seem to never have enough LEGO (though my dad says otherwise!). I run a website that was mainly for LEGO Island. I still think it's the best LEGO game that was ever made. I've even talked with Wes Jenkins, the creative director of LEGO Island. Me and a friend of mine (known as Segatendo on the Internet) are the admins of TIC (the LEGO Island website). You can check it out here: http://green-redbrick.forumotion.ca/

I don't know how many Bronies are on this site, but I am indeed a Brony, just getting that out there. Just don't expect me to flood my signature and avatar (and the forums, for that matter) with all sorts of MLP-related stuff. I don't swing that way.

I'm also a very active member on a website known as Rock Raiders United (http://www.rockraidersunited.org/). RRU is pretty much a modding website for most of the old LEGO gmaes, Rock Raiders being the main game that has been modded.

So, that's pretty much me in a nutshell. Glad to be here!
timtosino
Element King

Post by timtosino »

Welcome to the forum McStudz. Did you hear about us at the LEGO Store Grand Opening Festivities?
-Tim Tosino
Lugnet #606
ILTCO #101
http://www.flickr.com/photos/tim_tosino/
chump
Element God

Post by chump »

McStudz wrote:So, that's pretty much me in a nutshell. Glad to be here!
That's some pretty hardcore old skool Lego videogaming. And right in our own backyard. How is it that you're only coming out to us now? :?

Anyways, hopefully you can come out to our June meeting and check out the Lego Mythology display installation in progress.
Pierre

McStudz
New Poster

Post by McStudz »

Well, I've known about you guys for a couple years. I actually went to the LEGO Pirates display made by this group a couple years back. I made an account shortly after, but something happened and my account was never processed or something!

I just lost track of time, got pretty busy with school and whatnot, and then I almost lost interest in LEGO as a whole ( :shock: I blame the Bronies), but now I'm back. I'll try and make the meeting tomorrow, and hopefully I'll be able to contribute to something for the setup at the museum, and I'd be glad to take pictures and stuff. I feel that this group needs some more online action...

EDIT: How do I get into the rest of the forums? It's blocked from me for some reason.