New to the forum?

A place for people at large to discuss items of interest with other people and members of the VLC.

Moderator: VLC Directors

Hemel
General Poster

Re: New to the forum?

Post by Hemel »

Great! Thanks for the info!

I'm discussing it with the wife already! :p
Sir Carlsberg7905
General Poster

Post by Sir Carlsberg7905 »

Hey,

I am new to the forums here and my name is William. I am a TFOL and I live in North Vancouver. I have been to two lego conventions which are BrickCon 2011 and BrickCon 2012. At BrickCon 2012 I won Best BattleField under the battle display :)
My favourite them to build is post-apocalyptic, then probably jungle scenes or modern military scenes. I have always wanted to build castle. I have talked to Connor, Paul, and Allan about joining the VLC too. :)

See you guys around :)
-William

EDIT: I have a Flickr page in the link below :)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/48847175@N03/
AC
Brick God

Post by AC »

Great to hear from you on the forum. Looks like your account is active on the for the public side of here. It was great to meet you at Brickcon.

Do you have a Flickr account or MOC page, Brickshelf... so that we can see some of your creations. It is always fun to see what other local AFOLs/TFOLs have built.
Sir Carlsberg7905
General Poster

Yes I have a Flickr. My name on Flickr is Sir Carlsberg7905. Heres a link :)
Brickbaron
Master Poster

Post by Brickbaron »

It was nice meeting you William :lol: Congrats on the award wow

Hopefully we'll see you at a meeting now that you are all set up on the forum!

Cheers.
Paul
AC
Brick God

Post by AC »

Sir Carlsberg7905 wrote:Yes I have a Flickr. My name on Flickr is Sir Carlsberg7905. Heres a link :)
Great stuff! I liked your layout at Brickcon. Very nice.
Sir Carlsberg7905
General Poster

Icetron
New Poster

Post by Icetron »

Hello,

Joined yesterday. I'm mostly a minifigure collector but also starting to buy some sets. I was looking for some sort of Vancouver community for Lego and this was the first one I found, so I decided to join the forums.
chump
Element God

Post by chump »

Icetron wrote:Hello,

Joined yesterday. I'm mostly a minifigure collector but also starting to buy some sets. I was looking for some sort of Vancouver community for Lego and this was the first one I found, so I decided to join the forums.
Welcome, Icetron. You'll find most of us "like" the minifig a little much but before Brickhead jumps in and tells you, "It's a Trap!" I thought I'd direct you to this article/video on Brothers Brick.

http://www.brothers-brick.com/2010/10/18/its-a-disease/
Pierre
VLC Ambassador to TLG & VLC Director

My avatar is Ninjago's Pythor P Chumsworth. YAY! I finally have him! Thank you.
AC
Brick God

Post by AC »

Welcome to the forum Icetron. :D
karl
General Poster

Post by karl »

hi my name is karl
i am new to the form and i LOVE EVERYTHING LEGO. i build sculptures and just about anything else i can think of. my favorite sets are the exclusive and technic. i would love to go to a meeting to meet all the other lego fans
soundwave
Brick Deity

Post by soundwave »

Hi Karl,
Welcome to the forum. A few of us will be at our display this afternoon at the Burnaby Train show (details on our homepage) Feel free to drop by and say hi.
Shane Weckstrom

flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/43769067@N08/

Save a Tree, Eat a Beaver
Dapper Desparado
New Poster

Post by Dapper Desparado »

Hey there! I recently signed up and noticed I don't have access to half the forums. It said I needed to "be a member" however I wasn't too sure what I was waiting for. I recently had my account activated but I don't know where to go from there! Any help would be appreciated.
timtosino
Element King

Post by timtosino »

The Member Only Forums are for people who are registered members of the club. The Membership Director will contact you soon with info about eligibility and joining requirements.
-Tim Tosino
Lugnet #606
ILTCO #101
http://www.flickr.com/photos/tim_tosino/
Dapper Desparado
New Poster

Post by Dapper Desparado »

timtosino wrote:The Member Only Forums are for people who are registered members of the club. The Membership Director will contact you soon with info about eligibility and joining requirements.
Wonderful! Thank ye kindly!
Pascal
Brick Overlord

Post by Pascal »

Hello and welcome. I sent you a Personal Message :)
Kiwi James
General Poster

Post by Kiwi James »

Hi folks!

I'm new the forum but an old fan of Lego! I started collecting again after a...16 year gap! My current collection is building slowly due to a number of reasons, but my love for Lego is always growing fast. I take pictures of all new Lego and put them on my Facebook, with any highlights (usually small sequences) being uploaded to a Flickr account for the public.

Oh! And I heard about the VLC after visiting the Oak Ridge Lego Store yesterday afternoon.

Thanks!
AC
Brick God

Post by AC »

Well welcome to the forum. Great to hear from you. Do you have a specific theme you like to build?
Kiwi James
General Poster

Post by Kiwi James »

Thanks!

Nothing terribly specific. I like a good mix, although I seem to have more of the Marvel/DC Superhero lines than anything else. I quite like the Lego City stuff, just regular Joe-LEGO® going about their business. I'm a huge Avengers fan, so my goal last Christmas was to acquire all of The Avengers (which I did!)

Naturally I also love the mini-figs in their individual packets, even if I was a little late to the party on that one. Got all of series 9 now though! :mrgreen:

Great to have a forum to talk Lego, especially with local folks!

EDIT: I just realized AC, I made you a 'contact' on Flickr last night after wandering around your page for about an hour. I am in awe sir!
AC
Brick God

Post by AC »

Thank you.
I recognized the name on your Flickr profile.
Vf-x
New Poster

Post by Vf-x »

Hi,

I'm new to this forum as well as Lego collecting in general. Its not that I didn't know Lego (who doesn't), but it never occurred to me to collect. I fully blame my latest addiction on minifigs! Now my whole family is into it.

My wife and I enjoy collecting minifigs and Star Wars sets. My daughter is into the Friends line.

I came across VLC during a visit to the Oakridge Lego store (BTW, nice little display), and thought I'd check out the club.

I just signed up for Flickr and will have to post some pictures when/if I ever decide to build any of my sets.

Cheers
Andrew
Brick Overlord

Post by Andrew »

Great to hear from you vfx.Hope to see some of your pics soon

,Andrew
Lego trains are just the best!
bricksare4me
MOC Poster

Post by bricksare4me »

Hi everyone! I am new and just signed up. I would like to become a full VLC member too! I have haunted the Oakridge Lego Store so frequently, that the entire staff knows me (I would say that probably qualifies as an addiction :lol: ). It all started with the Monster Fighters Haunted House. Now, half a year later, I have all the MF sets, built MOCs, own a few Batman, Friends, Minecraft sets and figures. I do have an interest also in the Buildings and Architecture lines. I even broke down and bought Star Trek Kre O! :shock: I have also worked on decorative design projects using Lego bricks.
chump
Element God

Post by chump »

Welcome bricksare4me! The membership director will be in touch with you regarding becoming a member.

Do you have any photos of your creations? Not that that is a requirement of joining the club, but we're always happy to see new and wonderful things being built with LEGO.
Pierre
VLC Ambassador to TLG & VLC Director

My avatar is Ninjago's Pythor P Chumsworth. YAY! I finally have him! Thank you.
bricksare4me
MOC Poster

Post by bricksare4me »

chump wrote:Welcome bricksare4me! The membership director will be in touch with you regarding becoming a member.

Do you have any photos of your creations? Not that that is a requirement of joining the club, but we're always happy to see new and wonderful things being built with LEGO.
Hi chump! I cant wait to hear from the membership director! And yes, i will be posting some creations. Very excited! (I just have to take some pics of my other project).