New Stuff for 2004

A place for people at large to discuss items of interest with other people and members of the VLC.

Moderator: VLC Directors

Robin
Master Poster

New Stuff for 2004

Post by Robin »

I don't know if you guys have taken a look at these pix, but after careful study, overall I have to say ... WOW !!! :wow:

http://www.fbtb.net/toyfair/2004/2004.asp

Color changes aside (I'm over it now ...), there are some awesome sets coming, some excellent parts in all themes, and even some future bargains (smallish sets with tons of good pieces).

So, don't lose heart! Have a look, and get excited all over again!

:)
timtosino
Element King

Re: New Stuff for 2004

Post by timtosino »

Looking at the boxes I was a bit miffed with the dock warehouse looking somewhat smaller and cheaper on the box. Thankfully the box only said "Prelimary Design Only" and the set in all its new gray glory was there assembled including the full sized blue baseplate.
TFM
Element King

Post by TFM »

Some nice sets I will admit...
8) TFM -- ABS addiction is a terrible thing... to waste.
DeGobbi
Brick Deity

Post by DeGobbi »

MINI FIG HOCKEY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FINIALLY ! they dumped that BIonical Crap and gave us what we wanted ! . hopefully we will see some Nba esc star player packs . or complete teams !
VLC Loud mouth
Dave De Gobbi
timtosino
Element King

Post by timtosino »

Brickhead wrote:MINI FIG HOCKEY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FINIALLY ! they dumped that BIonical Crap and gave us what we wanted ! . hopefully we will see some Nba esc star player packs . or complete teams !
Bah, I hope if they come out with player packs they have proper sticks. Martin Brodeur holding a mace like club just doesn't speak good playability.
Gumby
Master Poster

Post by Gumby »

The sets are okay... I'm not impressed by the new castle sets, and I'm still miffed about the colour change. I'll be buying very little (if any) of the new stuff...
Robin
Master Poster

Post by Robin »

Gumby wrote:The sets are okay... I'm not impressed by the new castle sets ...
The Knights Kingdom sets, or the HP sets?

I think the new HP sets are fantastic (OTTCC*). Lots of great new pieces. Tons of useful tan pieces (which haven't changed colour), lots of sand green roof and tower components, tons of some new elements (doors, gates, elements, towertops, etc.). New (useful) figs, the list goes on.

* Other Than The Colour Change
TFM
Element King

Post by TFM »

Robin wrote:
Gumby wrote:The sets are okay... I'm not impressed by the new castle sets ...
The Knights Kingdom sets, or the HP sets?

I think the new HP sets are fantastic (OTTCC*). Lots of great new pieces. Tons of useful tan pieces (which haven't changed colour), lots of sand green roof and tower components, tons of some new elements (doors, gates, elements, towertops, etc.). New (useful) figs, the list goes on.

* Other Than The Colour Change
You mean like the pink heads and hands? :evil:
8) TFM -- ABS addiction is a terrible thing... to waste.
Dj_Max
Master Poster

Post by Dj_Max »

Brickhead wrote:MINI FIG HOCKEY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FINIALLY ! they dumped that BIonical Crap and gave us what we wanted ! . hopefully we will see some Nba esc star player packs . or complete teams !

Oh great, another LEGO gaming experience... Now we're gonna have to add VLCNHL to our ever growing list of games to decide and plan on playing, but never get to it... LOL... :rotflol:
Cheers!

Marc B
VLC President 2005-06
VLC Archivist 2004-05
8)