Favorite Lego piece and set

A place for people at large to discuss items of interest with other people and members of the VLC.

Moderator: VLC Directors

Andrew
Brick Overlord

Favorite Lego piece and set

Post by Andrew »

Just a querie to all those LEGO fans out there,I was wondering if people wanted to talk about their favorite LEGO piece and explain why it is,and also their Favorite Set and why they would chose it.

I'll start it off ,I still think the basic 2x4 brick is still the best,you need them to build stuff(at least buildings)and they are still more versatile than the 1x4 brick.
My favorite set would be 7722 train set ,still love the parts,love the theme and the decals that came with it.The little steam loco is still really cute.

I look forward to some chatter on this subject,so please feel welcome to contribute .Take care all

Andrew :wink:
who
MOC Poster

Post by who »

to put it mildly the 2 x 4 is indispensible , but i would probably vote for part #2434 - 2 x 4 x 2 with knobs on the sides in addition to the top .

who
Robin
Master Poster

Post by Robin »

Hi guys,

Long time no talk to!

My favourite pieces:

... they are just the thing in the 2-stud and 4-stud based world of Lego.
Andrew
Brick Overlord

Post by Andrew »

Is everyone thinking about their favorite piece?Over 30 views and only 2 responses,nice and easy just pick a piece and post.Is my 2x4 pick too boring?I know Dave D's favorite piece is brown shovels with a technic hole in the middle.Anyone else? woo
smartiac
MOC Poster

Post by smartiac »

I think that the curved top arch bits are my favourite piece. I love making creations with smooth transitions between planes. Also, any combination of technic brick with holes and half pins is great for building in all directions.
Platypus
Brick God

Post by Platypus »

I can't pick. There are way too many pieces that I like. If I ever get round to building something with my 8x16 black tiles I think I will really like them.

Oh, the 16x16 dock plates are pretty under apriciated. I like them too.

Lastly, if Minifigs coulnt as a piece they are my fovourite. It's all about figs for me.
David Gagnon - (AKA Daveed or Platypus)
AC
Brick God

Post by AC »

My favorite piece would be any piece that I had just discouvered a new way of using it. I just love then all. My favorite set is the 6397, however I really like my 7905. Or maybe ...
Platypus
Brick God

Post by Platypus »

7905 rocks! I hadn't seen that yet.

I don't know my favourite set, but 6987, the first Blacktron Base is great. Has amazing playability and lots of good parts.
David Gagnon - (AKA Daveed or Platypus)
jaem
MOC Poster

Post by jaem »

I think my favorite parts are:
4733 Brick 1 x 1 with Studs on Four Sides
and... tiles - almost any tiles - they're just so nice and smooth!
~Jeffery MacEachern
----
Blessed are the Geeks, for they shall Internet the Earth
Gumby
Master Poster

Post by Gumby »

Favourite piece is probably 1x2, 1x3, or 1x4 brick in old light grey. The reasons should be obvious!

Favourite set? Hard to choose just one, but it would likely be something from the Forestmen or Crusader/Lion Knights subtheme. Those sets were just lots of fun!
-Bryan
DeGobbi
Brick Deity

Post by DeGobbi »

with out a doubt my favorite peice are 2x2x8 high latice supports . just soo cool looking
VLC Loud mouth
Dave De Gobbi
Graham
MOC Poster

Post by Graham »

Brickhead wrote:with out a doubt my favorite peice are 2x2x8 high latice supports . just soo cool looking
I would have to agree that this support is among my more favorite parts, that and electric components and the 62.4 x 20 tires found on the large crane #8421

Graham